R3ACT3M

What do you think is killing this game?

What do you think is killing this game the most?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Is it?

• Cheaters
    • Threat
    • Weapon balance
    • Map balance
    • Server performance
    • Toxic playerbase
    • Hackusators
    • Game performance
    • Poor Matchmaking
    • Other

1 minute ago, Farbon Ciber said:

agree that time does kill games, especially as more newer games come out, however, the one thing that keeps APB going is simply that there is no other game like it, especially with regard to customization

Years ago sure. But now? Debatable. NFS/forza/etc all do better car customization. And numerous other games do better character customization. The only thing that APB has left is that it has both and a wider package rather than just one singular part.

Plenty of games have better car customization....but then when your done customizing it you get to.......race.....on a set track,,,,,blah

I know GTA V has some stuff, but driving in that game sucks butt

I also know that some games have insane customization, Sims, or even City of Heroes was pretty good back in the day....but with APB you can take decals and make anything you can dream up

46 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Err. The majority of shooter games today use skill based matchmaking even within their unranked/non-comp modes. It is far from antiquated and needed to produce a game that actually allows players of skill levels to play each other and promote a new player population.

On the US it's rare you find games altogether due to the segmented player based between varying levels of threat levels. Secondly, it depends on the examples you use, if we're not including ranked games in other FPS games then there is very little skill based matchmaking found in games like Apex Legends, CS;GO, Tarkov, PUBG etc. Casual games most likely represent the the majority of the playerbase even in APB's late stage due to returning players who've not played in some time and people who just play on and off occasionally because they like APB. During my peak hours it's extremely hard to find games on US West an issue that would be remediated if there wasn't a threat system. 

Anything that would attempt to supplement the issue of horrible matchmaking just wouldn't work due to the extremely small population of APB. I know Matt means well, but a tonne of us Australian/NZ players have been shafted due to the new focus on improving matchmaking when the issue I've always had with matchmaking in APB is that I could never find people to play with on Han when it was still around and it continually remains a point of contention on US West now. As the APB community dwindles further it's more important in my mind that they find issues that 1)Hammer down fringe cases where high level players have disproportionate advantages over low level ones and 2) That people are able to find games without an inordinate amount of downtime between games. 

2 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Plenty of games have better car customization....but then when your done customizing it you get to.......race.....on a set track,,,,,blah

I know GTA V has some stuff, but driving in that game sucks butt

I also know that some games have insane customization, Sims, or even City of Heroes was pretty good back in the day....but with APB you can take decals and make anything you can dream up

You are playing the wrong online games. Try FiveM (custom unnoficial GTA5 Online servers) where you can have custom cars and instert a livery of your choice. Make it yourself or ask someone to make it for you. And racing is good if you play with normal people on a selected racing oriented servers. Same goes for clothing, there are even scratch made new maps etc. The official GTA5 Online is toxic beyond explanation. From the game's net code and bugs and halfbaked content, prices to it's community and most cases official online games are filled with degenarets while selected servers are the way to go. Without that you can forget online gaming.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AgentWatson said:

On the US it's rare you find games altogether due to the segmented player based between varying levels of threat levels. Secondly, it depends on the examples you use, if we're not including ranked games in other FPS games then there is very little skill based matchmaking found in games like Apex Legends, CS;GO, Tarkov, PUBG etc. Casual games most likely represent the the majority of the playerbase even in APB's late stage due to returning players who've not played in some time and people who just play on and off occasionally because they like APB. During my peak hours it's extremely hard to find games on US West an issue that would be remediated if there wasn't a threat system. 

Anything that would attempt to supplement the issue of horrible matchmaking just wouldn't work due to the extremely small population of APB. I know Matt means well, but a tonne of us Australian/NZ players have been shafted due to the new focus on improving matchmaking when the issue I've always had with matchmaking in APB is that I could never find people to play with on Han when it was still around and it continually remains a point of contention on US West now. As the APB community dwindles further it's more important in my mind that they find issues that 1)Hammer down fringe cases where high level players have disproportionate advantages over low level ones and 2) That people are able to find games without an inordinate amount of downtime between games. 

All the games you just listed have hidden MMR, they are just far looser in casual modes to facilitate fast queue times.

At peak on NA there are two full districts. One for golds/silvers. One for silvers/bronze/amuptees, 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

If good players only team with good players

You don't want good teammates because you will have to fight their level of opposition.

Ideally you want players of your same threat level as teammates in order to get the most balanced matches.

Get stuck with a Gold 10 player, expect to face gold 10 opp.

Edited by CookiePuss

Probably controversial but I think it would be nice if the game became more like GTA online in the way it handles separating missions and open world districts. By that I mean the normal missions we already play would have it's own instances separate from the open world districts. Also open world districts would have more public events and activities which anyone could participate in like expanding upon how raiding works and random world events as a way to generate money and resources outside of the normal matchmaking missions.

Idk maybe it's just me but running missions nonstop just feels monotonous and sometimes frustrating especially when you get the same people every few matches. There's a few places where map balance and spawns are absolutely horrendous, but I think threat segregation is a bigger issue which compounds the poor matchmaking.  I'd rather have more different match-ups where different people of various skill levels face each other on both teams (example 1 gold 2 silver and 1 bronze on each team, but different names fighting each other for most missions), rather than the current system where the same groups of max level golds keep getting matched up with each other for every single mission, with the occasional occurrence of unfair teams where 3 golds + 1 silver are matched up against a team of 3 silvers and one gold.

6 minutes ago, notHunky said:

~~snip~~

Before we can do any of that we need phasing. Once we have phasing we can actually match opposition from the entire region instead of just a district.

• Like 1