CookiePuss

When will the new ToS actually be enforced?

Was working with a group of new players this morning in Bronze District and I noticed its still filled with high rank gold threat players.

Was just wondering if we could get an ETA on when the new ToS will actually be enforced?

Im trying to tell new players to hang in there, but it'd be a lot easier if I could tell them how long they have to wait before no longer having to face squads of max rank golds running Ogres Volcanos and Yukons in premade groups?

I know LO already has some GM's, any chance we could get a few in district to see whats actually going on?

Maybe they are 255 silvers that hit gold. Which is just silvers anyway.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

8 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Maybe they are 255 silvers that hit gold. Which is just silvers anyway.

Maybe the earth IS flat!

I mean, have you ever seen it from space in person?

BTRXVhU.gif

1 minute ago, Similarities said:

Hasn't the new ToS been in act since the 25th of May?

having rules and enforcing rules are two very different things

• Like 1

Just force player to change district as soon as he hits gold, dunno whats wrong with that. They could implement this.

Edited by wHisHi

"gold". You mean players going silver<->gold all the time.

If you want the problem to be fixed, fix the ranking system and the matchmatching.  And as far as I know, LO never said that's against ToS, they merely acknowledged the problem and said that the solution lies in new system and matchmaking. 

And honestly I don't know what do you think you are achieving with "working" with new players....I didn't need special help and I did just fine. If someone is in help maybe this is not the right game for them.

But have a cookie, pun maybe intended:).

edit:

those people who need help are most likely kids and the PC version is rated 18+. So I'd rather not have more children in my adult game and you should not encourage them.

Edited by Sayori

1 minute ago, Sayori said:

"gold". You mean players gold silver<->gold all the time.

If you want the problem to be fixed, fix the ranking system and the matchmatching.  And as far as I know, LO never said that's against ToS, they merely acknowledged the problem and said that the solution lies in new system and matchmaking. 

And honestly I don't know what do you think you are achieving with "working" with new players....I didn't need special help and I did just fine. If someone is in help maybe this is not the right game for them.

the fact that this game struggles heavily with new player retention seems to imply that you are in the minority 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sayori said:

-And as far as I know, LO never said that's against ToS

It is in fact against the rules now.

TwRjsnn.png

And mostly I just fill in the blanks left over by the tutorial. Usually only takes an afternoon and most players i work with can at least maintain silver afterwards.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the fact that this game struggles heavily with new player retention seems to imply that you are in the minority 

it struggles with retention for many other reasons, but fake golds is not one of them.

For a start - a better tutorial will be nice. But like I said...in the edit... those in help are simply children who are barely able to think and process information.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It is in fact against the rules now.

TwRjsnn.png

And mostly I just fill in the blanks left over by the tutorial. Usually only takes an afternoon and most players i work with can at least maintain silver afterwards.

Sorry but nowhere it says that you can't be a fake gold in bronze. It says that you should not dethreat. So as long as you they have dropped to silver in a legit way, it's fine.

Edited by Sayori

3 minutes ago, Sayori said:

"gold". You mean players going silver<->gold all the time.

So, back when I started, the population was, probably around 4k players? (Checked charts, peak was near 5k, and average was around 2.5k) So back then, player retention was... Iffy. If people came, or went, it didn't hurt too much.

And then they unlocked the Districts.

And then it's just been a steady decline from there.

3 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

So, back when I started, the population was, probably around 4k players? (Checked charts, peak was near 5k, and average was around 2.5k) So back then, player retention was... Iffy. If people came, or went, it didn't hurt too much.

population decline only nosedived when they locked the districts iirc, before that any district was open, you just got reduced rewards

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

2 minutes ago, Sayori said:

it struggles with retention for many other reasons, but fake golds is not one of them.

For a start - a better tutorial will be nice. But like I said...in the edit... those in help are simply children who are barely able to think and process information.

Sorry but nowhere it says that you can't be a fake gold in bronze. It says that you should not dethreat. So as long as you they have dropped to silver in a legit way, it's fine.

0YropQw.gif

2 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Sure... R255 Gold 4 Mans stomping R9 T's into paste with OSMAW's, perfect tapfire N-Tecs, OCA, ATAC's are TOTALLY not the first impression people get when starting up the game.

Brah, you are probably not even in the trenches, and don't understand how bad it is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

It's been in steady decline because of G1, cheaters and everything. It has nothing to do with unlocked districts at all.

1 minute ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Sure... R255 Gold 4 Mans stomping R9 T's into paste with OSMAW's, perfect tapfire N-Tecs, OCA, ATAC's are TOTALLY not the first impression people get when starting up the game.

Brah, you are probably not even in the trenches, and don't understand how bad it is.

this is happening in silver district too sometimes. What do we do? And who do we blame?

When I started playing, I used to be kicked out of the team the moment I join the team because I was T or bronze still. You don't hear me bitching about it. Life's hard for everyone.

Edited by Sayori

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

population decline only nosedived when they locked the districts iirc, before that any district was open, your just get reduced rewards

You know, I wouldn't mind them doing that. As long as the rewards for being Gold in Bronze is literally 0. And also it halts Role progression.

It was stupid of G1 to remove it.

• Like 1

It's been in steady decline because of G1, cheaters and everything. It has nothing to do with unlocked districts at all.

New players knew nothing of G1, cheaters are not common in bronze districts, and yes new player retention has long been a problem.

this is happening in silver district too sometimes. What do we do? And who do we blame?

Sometimes..... Some times. But that's where Gold's play, so it is expected.

Not the new guy server. Hell, I hate playing in Bronze. All this weekend, dethreaters or new players. 

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

New players knew nothing of G1, cheaters are not common in bronze districts, and yes new player retention has long been a problem.

Player retention doesn't mean only newcomers. It includes everyone. It's enough for someone to look at the reviews about APB and decide not to bother at all.

Most T's I've seen get throw right into mission because auto ready feature and then they just sit in the spawn.

And game is old, the graphics do not appeal to people these days. The problem is elsewhere not fake golds. And those fake golds most of the time get proper opposition because of the other silvers there.

Like I said, T's get rekt in silver districts too.

2 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Sometimes..... Some times. But that's where Gold's play, so it is expected.

Not the new guy server. Hell, I hate playing in Bronze. All this weekend, dethreaters or new players. 

And why gold players are in silver? And pushing back silvers/fake golds to bronze? Oh, wait, don't answer.

Edited by Sayori

Player retention doesn't mean only newcomers.

Yes. This is why Ive said "new player retention".

Please do not try to change the subject. 🙂

Edited by CookiePuss

3 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

You know, I wouldn't mind them doing that. As long as the rewards for being Gold in Bronze is literally 0. And also it halts Role progression.

It was stupid of G1 to remove it.

i also wouldn’t mind it, but it really would only further enable the noobstomping, you wouldn’t even have to dethreat

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yes. This is why Ive said "new player retention".

Please do not try to change the subject. 🙂

My bad. But you know you can't have new player retention if you don't have any new players.

Graphics are outdated for most peoples taste, reviews are horrible, tutorial is horrible, auto ready is horrible, game is old, no advertisement, it's not in the news outlets. It's pretty normal for this game not to have any new players. Fix the matchmaking and make a better tutorial although I didn't need one because I wasn't 12 yo when started.

Pretty sure everyone who is eligible of playing the game(aka 18+ of age) can do it just fine even with the horribad tutorial.  Children should stay away from it like the rating suggest.

I don't mean to sound elitist but people who are meant to play APB will stick with it and go through the pain to grow no matter what. If they can't - well..it's not a place for them. It's a frustrating experience even for vets.

edit:

and btw, retaining new players is pointless if you can't retain the old players. You need a solid base. Hence why the unbans.

Edited by Sayori

2 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

First you have to prove that someone is intentionally losing his threat

For the obvious ones at least, that wouldnt be hard to do.

7 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Player retention doesn't mean only newcomers. It includes everyone. It's enough for someone to look at the reviews about APB and decide not to bother at all.

Most T's I've seen get throw right into mission because auto ready feature and then they just sit in the spawn.

And game is old, the graphics do not appeal to people these days. The problem is elsewhere not fake golds. And those fake golds most of the time get proper opposition because of the other silvers there.

Like I said, T's get rekt in silver districts too.

And why gold players are in silver? And pushing back silvers/fake golds to bronze? Oh, wait, don't answer.

Ego. I mean, really, that's what it is for a majority of them. Ego. Winning. Because their mommy didn't hug them enough.

I am not saying all Golds. But... A good majority of them that dropped as soon as they could into Silver.