JohnNighthawk

Need a little few tips gitting better.

4 hours ago, Thelnformer said:

This is something i have never mastered or bothered to try... I SUCK WITH IT !

Also wouldnt recommend watching streamers as this is NOT DOTA2 were you can employ tactics.. In the game APBR is all about your skill, timing and positions (and nades)...Just keep on playing !

tactics are def a fairly large part of the game, and can cover even significantly potato aim most of the time

15 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:

Sure, that sounds like a good idea. I'll record my gameplay and post a link for you people to review it.

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Or if you'd rather you could DM the link to me or anyone else willing to watch it. 

just for the record, i want to watch too

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

tactics are def a fairly large part of the game, and can cover even significantly potato aim most of the time

ditto. i went from nobody to nobody with yellow coating the moment i started learning positioning,  flanking and timing

/*********************************now, my recommendations***********************************/

1) golden rule of apb for anybody who is not a total pro mlg: dont shoot if you dont have cover. i dont care if your enemy is aiming at your friends, 20 mts away from you, in the middle of the street, with no cover, you're behind him, and he is not aware of your presence, there is always the chance that you will miss enough shots for him to turn arround and send you back to the respawn screen you just came out of. if you're not behind cover, you're not shooting

2) every time you die, think, why did you die? what could you have done diferently?

3) know and use your radar: every time you shoot or drive a car, you show up on the enemy's radar. same thing happends when your enemies shoot or drive. use it, and be aware of it. if you drive too close to an objective, dont be surprised if all the enemy team is waiting for you.

4)your teammates are 3 things, but you Are not 1: you got companions in your team. these companions can be treated as cannon fodder(sending them first into that hallway with 90% of chances that there is somebody with a true ogre on the other side just waiting for you, hoping he will hurt your enemy enough so you can take the kill), distraction (you flank while they try to survive the incomming fire and grenades) or teammates (you actually fight along them). you'll have to evaluate what is your companion depending on his skill level and situation, and act accordingly.

so, those are the 3 things your companions are. but there is one thing you're not: a hero. you're not rambo, you're not superman, so please, dont solo rush a enemy base with 4 players just waiting for you. use your companions.

18-Alaska-Polar-Bear-Cubs-Playing-Photo-

16 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:

A few days ago I started to land more shots because I asked some guy that was just absolutely wrecking me for help. I've been practicing the NTEC.

I now shoot inside a weapon's viable range and tapfire, which works wonders for my aim, I flank, not taking the same path as my teammates and I can visibly see some improvement, but there's still a lot of high level players that absolutely destroy me. I've seen people tapfiring the NTEC so fast and accurately, even when you're moving, and I've no idea to achieve that level of skill. I usually play in bronze servers. Sometimes I get ridiculous scores like 18-3 vs some silvers or bronze, other times I get scores like 2-12 against other silvers or golds. It's because of this constant contrast that I feel that I'm not exactly improving or playing versus people my level. Should I keep practicing? Should I wait for LO to "fix" the matchmaking/ranking systems?

I'm not trying to lash out at anything, I just legit want to know how to get better. Thanks in advance for all the tips.

The best thing is to play with friends.I have noticed that when I cooperate with my friend the matches got A LOT easier.So thats my advice for you.

I'm not that good, but I can say that your mood does matter. More often than not, you're going to do better when you are in a better mood. Once you start getting pissed, that's when you normally start to perform even worse. I'm super guilty of this over my many hours put into the game.

Best thing I can tell you is to try to get some friends or join a clan that can give you a good atmosphere while playing. It can certainly be competitive, but it's gotta stay positive. If someone starts blaming YOU for stuff then I would immediately consider not playing with them anymore. There are ways that a friend can give you feedback in a positive and constructive manner on your gameplay. 

If you or your group find yourselves mad/upset from APB, then consider taking a short breather. Whether that be leaving the game to play something else, going to hang out in social for a bit, or even getting something to eat. Take a break and come back when you and/or everyone is in a better mood/attitude.

Best of luck to you, and remember to have fun! It's only a video game after all 🙂

22 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:

This is true, I joined Oversight and matches with them are easier because of communication.

I am glad we help you out Buddy 😄

If any one else wishes to join OverSight, 

go over to our Forum. 

Or Click this Link OverSight

On 6/10/2018 at 4:58 PM, Beaurr said:

Someone actually took the time to tell you something? What's this,  a different universe?

But on a more serious note, the best way to become better, with a fixed matchmaking or not, is to keep playing, but with different guns. 

Different loadouts offer different playstyles, which you need to learn. A sniper loadout is usually revolved around getting high ground, keeping distance as much as possible and trying to get the enemy in open areas. 

A close-quarter loadout is revolved around you flanking and getting close to the enemy. 

But overall, it's all about practice. And...asking good players what to do. If there are some willing to teach.

the only thing i noticed missing is ---

learn the other weapons and how to counter them which is why its so important to  use various weapons and learn their styles

in doing so you can also learn how someone will try to counter you..... countering a counter usually means they die and you don't

On 6/11/2018 at 10:49 AM, Thelnformer said:

There was a time when i couldnt USE NTEC FOR CRAPSIES ... Then one day after getting beaten by ntec everyday , i made a promise to myself that I WILL LEARN IT NO MATTER WHAT ...

Lemme remind you, i was GOLD 15 , using a gun that i have never used before (because i simply hated AK47 in everygame)... 

Because of my promise to myself, i started using ntec... First week was hard, mainly because i had no idea how to use ntec and then....I wasnt against silvers or bronzes, i was against the ELITES and ofcourse cheaters (bitfenix/carte blache/solace/CCTV) etc...

~snip~

Around a month later, other players started calling me cheater non stop because i got THAT good with ntec...

xD this guy is trustworthy