Jump to content
EneSeto

Is 2FA really necessary

Recommended Posts

I was prompt to key in the verification code every time I login/switch character which is very annoying, the remember me button is just not working

so I'm thinking of disabling that 2FA forever, what will I get? trade lock? Can I still buy from Armas/marketplace without 2FA?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The remember button is currently bugged but this issue can be fixed by navigating to your account settings on the Gamersfirst website and disabling and then reenabling "Tokenize"

 

877159ea4fbd9db3252065930ae969ff.png

 

Once you've done that checking the "Remember me button" will work again.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Frosi said:

The remember button is currently bugged but this issue can be fixed by navigating to your account settings on the Gamersfirst website and disabling and then reenabling "Tokenize"

 

877159ea4fbd9db3252065930ae969ff.png

 

Once you've done that checking the "Remember me button" will work again.

okay thanks, I have it enabled so now I turned on again it should fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EneSeto said:

I was prompt to key in the verification code every time I login/switch character which is very annoying, the remember me button is just not working

so I'm thinking of disabling that 2FA forever, what will I get? trade lock? Can I still buy from Armas/marketplace without 2FA?

Remember me button isn't for 2FA but for the email address to stay saved and alredy written down in the space after you star/reboot/log out from the game.

Edited by AlishaAzure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2fa is worthless to me since little orbit hasnt added the "no tradelock" feature that it was supposed to have in the first place, until that point i'll take the risk of a 1337 hacker bruteforcing my account

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 404 said:

2fa is worthless to me since little orbit hasnt added the "no tradelock" feature that it was supposed to have in the first place, until that point i'll take the risk of a 1337 hacker bruteforcing my account

^ That also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 404 said:

2fa is worthless to me since little orbit hasnt added the "no tradelock" feature that it was supposed to have in the first place, until that point i'll take the risk of a 1337 hacker bruteforcing my account

Someone attempted to enter my account in January 2018 and was able to hijack Steam despite different passwords on that one from mail (Irony of this whole situation was that my unjust ban prevented that).

So it's not just risk of bruteforcing, it's risk of this repeating.

Edited by Mitne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Someone attempted to enter my account in January 2018 and was able to hijack Steam despite different passwords on that one from mail (Irony of this whole situation was that my unjust ban prevented that).

So it's not just risk of bruteforcing, it's risk of this repeating.

i don't use steam, it sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Frosi said:

The remember button is currently bugged but this issue can be fixed by navigating to your account settings on the Gamersfirst website and disabling and then reenabling "Tokenize"

 

Once you've done that checking the "Remember me button" will work again.

 

This is a hit or miss, I've done that multiple times and it still refuses to remember me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there's a 2FA, could we get it to work with those 2FA apps on iOS/Android? Just for future thought, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...