quixxius

Engine beta test list

On 4/22/2020 at 1:42 PM, BrandonBranderson said:

Again with the not paying attention to what's going on.  Matt said himself that the reason they showed this off was because they were happy with the performance in social and Asylum and there's more to do for Financial and Waterfront.  Yes they showed off performance in Asylum too, not just Social.  Little Orbit TOOK OVER the engine upgrade, they didn't RESTART the engine upgrade, though they did completely rewrite some of the poor code that G1 put in.  You're acting like you're wanting the engine upgrade to fix all the problems on release, but Matt even said that he just wants to get this out as soon as possible and keep improving on it over time because of all of the benefits the new engine offers over the old one.  The engine upgrade was never intended to be the cure-all for this game, just the starting point where the game can begin to improve.  Really the new engine itself shouldn't even have hype.  The hype should be for what comes after.

The engine upgrade was pushed back and RIOT mode was released initially caused the super delay. But let us move that aside , Matt wants to get out what ?  what are we gonna get with 3.5 EU basically "POOP" what they call is hardwork but in reality poor prioritization of tasks. Starting point of what ? More delays ? lol . This is not even an EU upgrade then , should not call it EU if they are just patching up G1 trash. So to summarize this is just patch that is over hyped and nothing else. Starting point more delays and unrealistic goals. If they have chunk to spend with nothing in return  this is the best way to go. I seriously doubt except some streamers and veteran players that stick on to this garbage would be enough to pay for their coders LOL. 
DimwittedLoathsomeGraysquirrel-size_rest

On 4/22/2020 at 10:52 AM, WitchQueen said:

Hypothesis. The part that comes before the experiment and the reasoned conclusion. The part where you don't know much..

Nice take on the name 😄 

Edited by Hypothesis

14 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

This is not even an EU upgrade then , should not call it EU if they are just patching up G1 trash. So to summarize this is just patch that is over hyped and nothing else.

Except that it is, by definition, an upgrade to a more modern engine version.

The whole point of the engine upgrade is to create a solid foundation for further development with modern technologies that doesn't involve digging in terrible code that is more than a century old.

14 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

Matt wants to get out what ?  what are we gonna get with 3.5 EU basically "POOP" what they call is hardwork but in reality poor prioritization of tasks.

Better performance, more graphical options, plenty of optimizations and locking down several engine files that prevents players from getting an advantage over others by removing fog, particles or modifying shaders.

Multi threaded rendering which completely removes stuttering. Modern DirectX. Better server performance. Potentially larger districts with more players.

And the big one: 64 bit architecture which significantly improves the anti-cheat, betters performance, allows for more detailed models and textures and improves the usability of the backend development tools (especially the level design ones, judging by the struggles experienced during RIOT).

A solid foundation for faster and more stable further developments.

Edited by rooq
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 6:16 PM, Hypothesis said:

The engine upgrade was pushed back and RIOT mode was released initially caused the super delay. But let us move that aside , Matt wants to get out what ?  what are we gonna get with 3.5 EU basically "POOP" what they call is hardwork but in reality poor prioritization of tasks. Starting point of what ? More delays ? lol . This is not even an EU upgrade then , should not call it EU if they are just patching up G1 trash. So to summarize this is just patch that is over hyped and nothing else. Starting point more delays and unrealistic goals. If they have chunk to spend with nothing in return  this is the best way to go. I seriously doubt except some streamers and veteran players that stick on to this garbage would be enough to pay for their coders LOL. 

Nice take on the name 😄 

Yet again, dropping the ball and not paying attention, man.  Rooq summed it all up pretty well but you'll probably disregard that and reply with another gif again as people without an argument often do.  It's not worth trying to explain anything to someone as dense as you.

2 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Yet again, dropping the ball and not paying attention, man.  Rooq summed it all up pretty well but you'll probably disregard that and reply with another gif again as people without an argument often do.  It's not worth trying to explain anything to someone as dense as you.

giphy.gif

I agree with your last statement, though.

On 4/28/2020 at 9:08 AM, rooq said:

Except that it is, by definition, an upgrade to a more modern engine version.

The whole point of the engine upgrade is to create a solid foundation for further development with modern technologies that doesn't involve digging in terrible code that is more than a century old.

Better performance, more graphical options, plenty of optimizations and locking down several engine files that prevents players from getting an advantage over others by removing fog, particles or modifying shaders.

Multi threaded rendering which completely removes stuttering. Modern DirectX. Better server performance. Potentially larger districts with more players.

And the big one: 64 bit architecture which significantly improves the anti-cheat, betters performance, allows for more detailed models and textures and improves the usability of the backend development tools (especially the level design ones, judging by the struggles experienced during RIOT).

A solid foundation for faster and more stable further developments.

nice to hear them words , I like to see that in practical. Also should not call it an engine upgrade, that is a false term for it, from your words I would rename it to foundation update.

17 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

The whole point was this upgrade should not be called Engine Upgrade. Again except some veteran players and some newbies hopefully not  discouraged by the present poor matchmaking system would only stick around  that long for an actual EU if its gonna be delayed further. And you must be blind if you only see gif. 
anigif_enhanced-buzz-17775-1371839680-3.

3 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

nice to hear them words , I like to see that in practical. Also should not call it an engine upgrade, that is a false term for it, from your words I would rename it to foundation update.

the engine is the foundation, why is this so hard for you to understand?

10 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

I still don't think that you get it, but I happen to agree with the naming convention.

Before No Man's Sky reclaimed their respect, they named their very first patch after launch "Foundation" in order to signal further improvements to the community. I like this concept. Not a bad idea.

6 hours ago, 404 said:

the engine is the foundation, why is this so hard for you to understand?

Although this quote from 404 summarizes it well.

10 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

The whole point was this upgrade should not be called Engine Upgrade. Again except some veteran players and some newbies hopefully not  discouraged by the present poor matchmaking system would only stick around  that long for an actual EU if its gonna be delayed further.

Which part of "engine upgrade" spells out matchmaking overhaul to you?

The engine upgrade is needed in order to properly change the matchmaking system going forwards.

We need district phasing, we need dynamic district allocation, we need a larger pool of enemies per district.

None of these things are possible on the current engine.

17 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

The whole point was this upgrade should not be called Engine Upgrade. Again except some veteran players and some newbies hopefully not  discouraged by the present poor matchmaking system would only stick around  that long for an actual EU if its gonna be delayed further. And you must be blind if you only see gif.

Well, I mean by definition what they are doing is upgrading the engine.

Wc8vatc.png?1

Even the unfinished version that they have now is a significant improvement over the archaic garbage the game currently runs on, except for audio which Matt said they haven't touched yet.

I replied to the things you said so obviously the gif isn't the only thing I saw.  You make a lot of assumptions.  Stop doing that.

end this post too many crybabies. Sorry to others who were speaking to eachother

This thread has been locked as per OP's request.

~@mayii