MattScott

Working From Home - Week #1 recap & thank you

15 hours ago, MattScott said:

Haven't seen you this enthusiastic, especially when you post on 3 different matters regarding APB, and all 3 turn out exceedingly positive.

This honestly got me excited, LO's patience finally starting to pay off, hopefully those population spikes will last and increase permanently, maybe we'll be playing on that new engine with a large population, laughing at how people used to say the game is dead 😄

Thanks, everyone at LO, keep up the good work, the game may not be as famous as Fortnite or whatever else, but there are certainly people who appreciate your work a lot.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Acornie said:

Joker is clearly best. There are many NA and SA who have committed to EU due to the higher pop, and by the time NA is getting to peak, EU is dormant.

ah, fair enough.

i thought you wanted eu citizens to come over, when there is really no reason to, having higher pop and way lower latency.

(i know the higher pop argument is flawed if some of this pop is from the americas - but i believe the people from there came over due to higher pop to begin with)

Edited by neophobia

I have one little question. Is APB 2.1 will improve performance on low-end computers?

59 minutes ago, Fasuncri said:

I have one little question. Is APB 2.1 will improve performance on low-end computers?

Hopefully this will be the case. Matt only shared benchmarks of a lower end system on 2.1 once which was about 10~ FPS faster than the current Live version. However, many things play a factor when it comes to FPS so its hard to judge just how much better lower end systems perform up until public testing comes around.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frosi said:

Hopefully this will be the case. Matt only shared benchmarks of a lower end system on 2.1 once which was about 10~ FPS faster than the current Live version. However, many things play a factor when it comes to FPS so its hard to judge just how much better lower end systems perform up until public testing comes around.

i7 8700k and gtx 1050 is lower end? ok

Edited by jmiIos

On 3/23/2020 at 12:08 AM, jmiIos said:

i7 8700k and gtx 1050 is lower end? ok

It was a 7700HQ actually (just a laptop quad core) so yea it's low end (also the 1050 is the lowest-end somewhat recent graphics card you can get). You can get similar spec or even faster stuff for like €500-600 these days