Jump to content
foscor77

Things that should be tradable but aren't and things that shouldnt be tradable.

Recommended Posts

What do you think are the things that should be tradable but are not, and what thing that ARE tradable but shouldn't be in this game.

 

For example - legendary guns are tradable. Armas clothes are not. Joker ticket guns are not tradable, joker tickets are not tradable even though in-game money is tradable.

Edited by foscor77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

APB          -    isn't everything tradable ( including market ) or did i miss something ?

 

Non APB   -     boyfriends n girlfriends

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i feel like armas items should be tradeable as long as both parties have purchased the item individually

 

with such a large percentage of cosmetics locked behind a paywall only allowing f2p items to be traded is pretty limiting for someone looking to buy a cooler outfit than they can make themselves

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i feel like armas items should be tradeable as long as both parties have purchased the item individually

with such a large percentage of cosmetics locked behind a paywall only allowing f2p items to be traded is pretty limiting for someone looking to buy a cooler outfit than they can make themselves

The game even has a flag system that would allow this trade eligibility to be validated. Every item in the game (from weapons to clothing to cars etc) has an associated "Unlock" item, that simply tells the game that they have the thing unlocked and should be able to purchase it. Unfortunately, ARMAS purchases on weapons don't currently grant this Unlock for some reason (which is why you can't repurchase the weapon from contacts), but clothing and vehicles both do.

 

It occurred to me that most people probably aren't even aware of this. Here's an example:

This is the NTEC-7c 'New Glory' weapon that you receive from the JMB.

This is the associated Unlock, that you don't receive. If you did, you could then repurchase the weapon from contacts.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it confusing that they let you trade event costumes sold on armas but not other shop items.

Either have one or the other. 

Edited by HawtGirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Solamente said:

i feel like armas items should be tradeable as long as both parties have purchased the item individually

 

with such a large percentage of cosmetics locked behind a paywall only allowing f2p items to be traded is pretty limiting for someone looking to buy a cooler outfit than they can make themselves

even account wide trade would be nice, but it would have to be marked as so and clear the previous owners inventory.

 

This happened to me once when I got a refund, they deleted the weapon from my whole account, even the 15 day trail versions I got from JMBs.

 

I would love to trade anything purchased in Armas but to be honest I'm pretty sure their sales would negatively affected.

Edited by illgot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, illgot said:

I would love to trade anything purchased in Armas but to be honest I'm pretty sure their sales would negatively affected.

Which is why like he said, it should only be possible if both players have purchased the item on ARMAS.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Which is why like he said, it should only be possible if both players have purchased the item on ARMAS.

or maybe a consumable ticket (bought on Armas) that allowed the player to purchase an Armas related item on the auction house.  Though I don't know how much that should cost; maybe scaled for weapons/vehicle/clothing/preset.  If two people already have the item, I'm not sure why a person would purchase the same item (clothing car) they already own just so a person could customize it.  They would essentially now own two of the same item, one they just can't customize themselves.

Edited by illgot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, illgot said:

or maybe a consumable ticket (bought on Armas) that allowed the player to purchase an Armas related item on the auction house.  Though I don't know how much that should cost; maybe scaled for weapons/vehicle/clothing/preset.  If two people already have the item, I'm not sure why a person would purchase the same item (clothing car) they already own just so a person could customize it.  They would essentially now own two of the same item, one they just can't customize themselves.

It would work exactly as clothing works now.

Designers make cool stuff, and players who either cant make it for themselves, or cba to...trade for or buy it.

Only in this scenario those cool things can encompass all of the clothing in-game, not just the items unlocked through normal in-game progression.

If anything this would lead to an increase of sales, as players might finally spend the IRL$ in order to get in on trades or sales like this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It would work exactly as clothing works now.

Designers make cool stuff, and players who either cant make it for themselves, or cba to...trade for or buy it.

Only in this scenario those cool things can encompass all of the clothing in-game, not just the items unlocked through normal in-game progression.

If anything this would lead to an increase of sales, as players might finally spend the IRL$ in order to get in on trades or sales like this.

 

not sure I would want to spend 10 dollars for an outfit so I could buy the same outfit customized by another player.  If it was a cheap token for 1 dollar maybe.  But then again I design my own clothes.  I never buy clothing designed by other players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, illgot said:

But then again I design my own clothes.  I never buy clothing designed by other players.

That's fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, illgot said:

not sure I would want to spend 10 dollars for an outfit so I could buy the same outfit customized by another player.  If it was a cheap token for 1 dollar maybe.  But then again I design my own clothes.  I never buy clothing designed by other players.

while a change like this would certainly encourage the purchase of new clothing, i think the most common situation would be someone who already owns an item buying a customized version from someone else who already owns an item - so instead of you seeing a nice armas jacket and deciding to spend $10 and x apb$ to get it,  you would just be spending apb$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 2:46 PM, CookiePuss said:

It would work exactly as clothing works now.

Designers make cool stuff, and players who either cant make it for themselves, or cba to...trade for or buy it.

Only in this scenario those cool things can encompass all of the clothing in-game, not just the items unlocked through normal in-game progression.

If anything this would lead to an increase of sales, as players might finally spend the IRL$ in order to get in on trades or sales like this.

 

 

Indeed I believe many people refrain themselves from purchasing some ARMAS items because they feel they'll lack of the skills to customize it the way they want.

Some way to trade design templates would be great, but since that's nearly impossible or definitely way harder than making ARMAS clothes tradeable the idea of letting players who own the same ARMAS gear trade these pieces with their custom designs could be perfect.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...