35 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

My point has been clear from the beginning you just refuse to see it because you don't want to be wrong.

Nope, clearly you have not read any of the previous posts. Are you attempting to hackusate me? interesting...

Your point is macros should be allowed.

Even if they change the mechanics of certain weapons and remove the need to click for every fire.

3 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Your point is macros should be allowed.

Even if they change the mechanics of certain weapons and remove the need to click for every fire.

Once again, you are stuck on "changing mechanics" but once again. Macro's do not change any mechanics in the game.

See this is redundant. She states the same thing over and over and over.

My point was a little deeper than Macro's should be allowed.

My point states that Macro's are harmless. AND that there is a clear and concise difference between an Macro, a Script, and a hack.

Edited by Dreadarm

1 minute ago, Dreadarm said:

Once again, you are stuck on "changing mechanics" but once again. Macro's do not change any mechanics in the game.

Then explain yourself.

If you can't, you've failed in your argument on why they should be allowed.

11 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

No, its not, because in order for it to be no longer needed or useful, it has to be basically a reiteration of the same thing. Hence Redundancy. However in the context of your statement Mute or Null would fit better since you are saying my argument is completely invalid based on your opinion. You cant make a claim that its not needed simply because you disagree. In the case that there was a decision already passed down, or I was arguing something to be made "legal" when it was already legal, that is redundant.

see, you conveniently cut out the context to attempt to make it fit your agenda, but in your own source it explains what I just said.
DD9SKNe.png

aHGlMYC.gif

Your posts can definitely be omitted with out loss of meaning or function.

1 minute ago, Dreadarm said:

mechanics can be changed without directly interfering with the game's code

a macro that fires, switches weapons, and fires again is changing a series of actions from 3 manual initiations to 1 

4 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

aHGlMYC.gif

Your posts can definitely be omitted with out loss of meaning or function.

So you cant back your statement or your own examples so you attack someone directly. Nice way to act like an adult.

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

mechanics can be changed without directly interfering with the game's code

a macro that fires, switches weapons, and fires again is changing a series of actions from 3 manual initiations to 1 

No, they can not be changed. They can be circumvented exploited or abused, but they can not be changed in this way.

Edited by Dreadarm

2 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

So you cant back your statement or your own examples so you attack someone directly. Nice way to act like an adult.

No, they can not be changed. They can be circumvented or abused, but they can not be changed in this way.

You highlighted that definition earlier as an example I didn't use, so I used it. Get over it? This topic needs to be locked.

18 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

You highlighted that definition earlier as an example I didn't use, so I used it. Get over it? This topic needs to be locked.

Why, because someone doesn't bow down and agree with you?

Not one person arguing that "Macros are bad mmkay..." have shown ANY metrics, proof, or context where they can show harm in the game. the only person who has even attempted to do that is DoubleDee and she is stuck on "it changes the game mechanics" when it doesn't. All weapons in the game have a GCD or hard cap on fire rates which can be achieved by macro, manual clicking, and scroll wheel. Nothing is being harmed here. Oh wait my bad, one dude did try to argue that 117 ms would make or break him in ttk.

As a matter of fact, this entire argument started with Macro's being lumped in with scripts and hacks. And I started off by making a distinction between them. And I still champion the point that Macro's are not the same as scripts, or hacks. And that Macro's in and of themselves are harmless to gameplay for multiple reasons already stated.

Edited by Dreadarm

13 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

Why, because someone doesn't bow down and agree with you?

Not one person arguing that "Macros are bad mmkay..." have shown ANY metrics, proof, or context where they can show harm in the game. the only person who has even attempted to do that is DoubleDee and she is stuck on "it changes the game mechanics" when it doesn't. All weapons in the game have a GCD or hard cap on fire rates which can be achieved by macro, manual clicking, and or scroll wheel. Nothing is being harmed here. Oh wait my bad, one dude did try to argue that 117 ms would make or break him in ttk.

You want proof? Fine. Here's the proof.

The lowest reachable reaction time is around 190ms for visual elements, e.g. a red crosshair, maybe? *cough cough*

Average people are more around the 240 - 300 range, if we are considering the "average gamer" being under 40.

You can create a script which will INSTANTLY fire when that crosshair turns red, making you a PHYSICAL IMPOSSIBILITY without that script. Add to that, that the hitboxes are big rectangles. You WILL hit them if that crosshair is red and you are using an accurate weapon, or corner-peeking with a shotgun.

Furthermore, you can pile on top of a color triggerbot script, an auto-fire script. Very VERY few people are able to fire an Obeya CR762 at it's MAXIMUM fire rate 100% consistently. It's very, VERY hard to get an entire magazine perfectly fired at max RPM, and that's without enemies to worry about. With an autofire script (that detects if crosshair is red) doing it for you, it will have perfect fire-consistency outside of lagspikes and instantaneous reaction time un-achievable by humans. Hell, you could even make the script detect if the bloom is too high to start shooting, all while not interfacing with the game whatsoever.

There's tons of applications for macros/scripts that make you more powerful than any human player. I'd really be scared if a seasoned pro decided to start using macros for that shit.

Just now, SLICKIEM said:

You want proof? Fine. Here's the proof.

The lowest reachable reaction time is around 190ms for visual elements, e.g. a red crosshair, maybe? *cough cough*

Average people are more around the 240 - 300 range, if we are considering the "average gamer" being under 40.

You can create a script which will INSTANTLY fire when that crosshair turns red, making you a PHYSICAL IMPOSSIBILITY without that script. Add to that, that the hitboxes are big rectangles. You WILL hit them if that crosshair is red and you are using an accurate weapon, or corner-peeking with a shotgun.

Furthermore, you can pile on top of a color triggerbot script, an auto-fire script. Very VERY few people are able to fire an Obeya CR762 at it's MAXIMUM fire rate 100% consistently. It's very, VERY hard to get an entire magazine perfectly fired at max RPM, and that's without enemies to worry about. With an autofire script (that detects if crosshair is red) doing it for you, it will have perfect fire-consistency outside of lagspikes and instantaneous reaction time un-achievable by humans. Hell, you could even make the script detect if the bloom is too high to start shooting, all while not interfacing with the game whatsoever.

There's tons of applications for macros/scripts that make you more powerful than any human player. I'd really be scared if a seasoned pro decided to start using macros for that shit.

And here is the problem with your argument, you are arguing oranges while I am arguing apples. Macro's are not Scripts. Please argue apples with apples.

Just now, Dreadarm said:

And here is the problem with your argument, you are arguing oranges while I am arguing apples. Macro's are not Scripts. Please argue apples with apples.

You don't seem to understand that they can be made to do the same thing. I can configure a mouse macro that perfectly auto-fires, or I can make a mouse macro that only shoots when a certain pixel is red. Or you can use AHK scripts, or AutoIt scripts, to do the same exact thing. The real apples and oranges here is hacks and BOTH macros/scripts.

56 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

No, they can not be changed. They can be circumvented exploited or abused, but they can not be changed in this way.

taking a manual process and automating it is changing it?

otherwise manual and automatic would mean the same thing

22 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

No, we are arguing oranges, while you are holding tight to vapor.

You have still yet to explain your stance, besides splitting hairs on terminology.

Third time asking, what is your definition of a macro? Because I linked you the common computing definition of a macro.

26 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

You don't seem to understand that they can be made to do the same thing. I can configure a mouse macro that perfectly auto-fires, or I can make a mouse macro that only shoots when a certain pixel is red. Or you can use AHK scripts, or AutoIt scripts, to do the same exact thing. The real apples and oranges here is hacks and BOTH macros/scripts.

You are arguing features that are only available in a script via a script engine and programming. These features are not available with a macro.

3 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

No, we are arguing oranges, while you are holding tight to vapor.

You have still yet to explain your stance, besides splitting hairs on terminology.

Third time asking, what is your definition of a macro? Because I linked you the common computing definition of a macro.

You linked a definition for Macro and then ignored its actual definition and stated something different that your own definition stated.

Just now, Dreadarm said:

You are arguing features that are only available in a script via a script engine and programming. These features are not available with a macro.

You linked a definition for Macro and then ignored its actual definition and stated something different that your own definition stated.

Quoting:

"Simply put, the gaming macro key is a recording of a series of key sequences. A key sequence is a series of keyboard keystrokes, mouse actions, or menu actions that is bound to a command."

So how does that contradict what I have said?

You set up click, unclick to the command, in the case of pressing down the left mouse button, for it to repeat, thus firing a semi auto rifle (which requires multiple tapping) into a full auto (which would be press, and hold).

But yet, you can't even convey your stance, besides some NavySeal copypasta.

Ok so for the sake of argument:

Macro:

Is typically recognized as an expansion of instructions or repetitive actions that are pre-recorded and do not exceed a designed game mechanic. aka "full auto" or "rapid fire" which can already be achieved in the game by basic human input or a scroll wheel.

Script:

Typically runs on a script engine and requires basic programming knowledge. It allows many advanced functions such as pixel searching and full automation of game play. AKA trigger bots, farming bots etc. It interacts with the game for you autonomously.

Hack:

Utilized advanced programming knowledge, memory access, and prediction algorithms to significantly alter and manipulate the game play.

Edited by Dreadarm

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Holy moly... this is still going?

Yes... I am a dog with a bone and I'm not ready to bury it yet.

Just now, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Gotta get dem post counts up.

hard facts

2 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

Yes... I am a dog with a bone and I'm not ready to bury it yet.

I get that way too. 

My wife hates it. 

Just now, Dreadarm said:

Ok so for the sake of argument:

Macro:

Is typically recognized as an expansion of instructions or repetitive actions that are pre-recorded and do not exceed a designed game mechanic. aka "full auto" or "rapid fire" which can already be achieved in the game by basic human input or a scroll wheel.

So then, maybe you don't understand the difference between semiauto and full auto, and why those are game mechanics.

And thus, a macro is changing game mechanics, because, even if it is firing at human rate, it is changing a semi auto to a full auto.

If the designers wanted the Carbine full auto, they would have made it have that mechanic.

1 minute ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

So then, maybe you don't understand the difference between semiauto and full auto, and why those are game mechanics.

And thus, a macro is changing game mechanics, because, even if it is firing at human rate, it is changing a semi auto to a full auto.

If the designers wanted the Carbine full auto, they would have made it have that mechanic.

But the entire premise of my argument is that a macro nets you no significant gain over the other methods. Therefore it is harmless.

Just now, Dreadarm said:

But the entire premise of my argument is that a macro nets you no significant gain over the other methods. Therefore it is harmless.

The point of semi auto is human error in firing. Too fast, or too slow could make a difference.

Automating the firing removes that.

And you are changing a game mechanic.

It's like the cross hair shaders. If the designers wanted them there, they would have put them there.

Advantage or not, it's changing game mechanics.

Just now, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

The point of semi auto is human error in firing. Too fast, or too slow could make a difference.

Automating the firing removes that.

And you are changing a game mechanic.

It's like the cross hair shaders. If the designers wanted them there, they would have put them there.

Advantage or not, it's changing game mechanics.

I sincerely disagree with you. You can not alter the game mechanics with a macro. You can abuse it, you can make it more efficient, but at the end of the day there are at-least 3 problems with macro's and simi auto weapons that negate the effects to an almost unusable point. Radical bloom, Bullet randomization, and vertical/horizontal recoil.

Just now, Dreadarm said:

I sincerely disagree with you. You can not alter the game mechanics with a macro. You can abuse it, you can make it more efficient, but at the end of the day there are at-least 3 problems with macro's and simi auto weapons that negate the effects to an almost unusable point. Radical bloom, Bullet randomization, and vertical/horizontal recoil.

Changing from

click fire click fire click fire click fire

to

Click fire fire fire fire

Is changing the mechanic of a semi auto rifle.