blockblack

Really slow patch downloading speeds?

I have noticed that when I try downloading APB's Patch at launcher the download speed be 50~200 KB/s only which is really slow, My internet speed is 16 MBPS and the download speed is 2 MB/s... So why the APB Client can't take advantage of fast internet while downloading the new Patch?

Edited by blockblack

Maybe an issue on ur providers side... ?

I never got problems with APB updates.

47 minutes ago, blockblack said:

My internet speed is 16 MBPS and the download speed is 2 MB/s... So why the APB Client can't take advantage of fast internet

That really isn't fast internet...

I got a average download 100 mb/s (on steam or origin).

Dunno the speed for APB patches cuz its already done when the speed is still rising.

are you positive that it is 16MBps or could it be 16Mbps? What do you get on Steam? That being said, others reported similar stuff in the past - but 2MBps isnt toooooo slow tbh

could you attach a pic of some speedtest?

edit: nvm, mine is only 300kBps although I have much more than that available, lol

Edited by neophobia

i have the same problem as this guy has even tho my internet is really fast it used to work perfectly fine

7 hours ago, blockblack said:

I have noticed that when I try downloading APB's Patch at launcher the download speed be 50~200 KB/s only which is really slow, My internet speed is 16 MBPS and the download speed is 2 MB/s... So why the APB Client can't take advantage of fast internet while downloading the new Patch?

a few possibilities

a bad connection with  either your internet or APB internet

your cashe needs to be cleaned on your comp to utilize virtual memory more effectivly

adware/spyware/tracking etc is tampering with your comp

a lot of people updating APB at the same time sucking up bandwidth

someone is DL at your place sucking up bandwidth.

most likely its just a bad connection. some days are like that no matter where you live.

like if too many people searches up a celebrity or a popular pic that went viral , it can overload the internet itself for the country.

happened in the past over a few different things that broke the internet. theres actually a list of what broke the internet.

tldr anything is possible but its most likely just a bad connection today. lately any internet provider has been reporting this.

Edit : finally had time to update my apb its real fast right now.

Edited by Fortune Runner

"Get better internet"

You all do know that APB has always downloaded incredibly slow compared to your actual internet speed? Thankfully the patches are very small though.

• Thanks 1

i sometimes have it worse like the download speed starts at 600kbps then gradually decreases to 6 byte ps second lol and then starts increasing again. Though it does not happen all the time. 

7 hours ago, GhosT said:

"Get better internet"

You all do know that APB has always downloaded incredibly slow compared to your actual internet speed? Thankfully the patches are very small though.

mine took roughly a minute. is that good for it then? iono