Hexerin

What is the purpose of the Scoped NTEC's existence?

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

That linked post reminds me how much I miss the Improved Rifling rebalance they came up with. That particular design is meh, but the one that has the reduced fire rate for percentage plus flat increased range... Really a shame that all the meta tryhards whinging like children forced Little Orbit to revert the change, really hope they introduce that design as a separate mod later.

The biggest complaint was preset weapons being locked to the mod. It wouldn't have been a bad change if we could purchase 3 open slots for all weapons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

if we could purchase 3 open slots for all weapons.

God that'd be fucking amazing if they ever did that. Although my wallet wouldn't thank them for it, cause I'd have a bunch of weapons I'd have to pick up account-bound.

15 hours ago, Hexerin said:

That linked post reminds me how much I miss the Improved Rifling rebalance they came up with. That particular design is meh, but the one that has the reduced fire rate for percentage plus flat increased range... Really a shame that all the meta tryhards whinging like children forced Little Orbit to revert the change, really hope they introduce that design as a separate mod later.

The Scoped N-Tec in particular was one of the weapons that worked best with that temporary IR change. 

One possible option to make the weapon more appealing would be to make it behave exactly like the regular N-Tec did during those IR changes, with a reduced firerate and increased range, but less of a penalty when strafing and shooting. That would make the Scoped N-Tec and Scepter very attractive to those who miss the slow-firing IR3 N-Tec, and a solid alternative to the Obeya CR762. 

If it still follows the original stats, it differs from the N-Tec by:

a higher effective range (originally a flat value, now a different curve?)

lower zoom FOV (i.e. more zoom)

less recoil (to offset the higher zoom)

lower accuracy when moving

On 8/12/2019 at 9:46 PM, Hexerin said:

I've been hoping that Little Orbit might just remove the Curves system entirely... but @MattScott hasn't said a word about the system at all, to my knowledge.

Please, LO.

Just now, KyoukiDotExe said:

Please, LO.

request denied

but don't be sad we're going to ruin the entire shotgun category (again) instead :))))))))))

On 8/12/2019 at 9:49 PM, Speedz said:

Thanks but is there also one for the N-TEC as well? I do remember very old thread with numbers on the .old forums which I did visit a little bit but still wasn't entirely to the core values.

35 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

request denied

but don't be sad we're going to ruin the entire shotgun category (again) instead :))))))))))

Only one can dream. @MattScott please your input on the current curve system as it did introduce so much more randomness/issues with the assault rifles class. This is magnified by having a low frame-rate.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

please your input on the current curve system as it did introduce so much more randomness/issues with the assault rifles class. This is magnified by having a low frame-rate.

I feel like Im not understanding what you are trying to say about the curve system, randomness/issues and what low frame rate has to do with it.

Could you try and explain?

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Could you try and explain?

explanation: the curve system is shit, whether its used for recoil or spread/bloom or dropoff