blockblack

Backup and match making system bugs that should be fixed.

There is a very annoying bug that makes me be called for backup in a mission where the team I joined is losing at the last 20 Seconds of the mission which doesn't give me enough time to even arrive to the mission's location and then it counts as a loss after the time runs out, But that's so unfair, I didn't do anything at that mission and didn't even have enough time to arrive to it to be even counted as a loss, Also there is another bug, I was matched against a silver and a bronze today (my treat is silver) and the silver was max rank and bronze was rank 195 with ATAC 424 Patroller, And I was matched alone against them so I called for backup and the backup gave me a rank 74 bronze that was using a SHAW, so at that mission the enemy silver player had 9 kills and the bronze player had 5 kills, And for my team I had 13 Kills and my bronze teammate literally had 0 kills 1 assist 14 Deathes, So what the hell APB, These match making unfair bugs should be fixed, They should also consider K/D Ratio and rank at match making not only treat, Tell me if you hate these match making bugs too.

Edited by blockblack

Those aren't bugs.  Just inconveniences mostly.  Your team just called you in for backup at the last moment.  Sure that's annoying n' all but at least you weren't there for too long.  The weapons people are using plays no hand in the matchmaking, that's up to you to counter.  When you called for backup that bronze you got was probably the only one readied up that wasn't in a mission at the time, or at least the most compatible out of them.  Everything that happened there was unfortunate and bad luck, but you can't blame the matchmaking system for everything.

29 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Those aren't bugs.  Just inconveniences mostly.  Your team just called you in for backup at the last moment.  Sure that's annoying n' all but at least you weren't there for too long.  The weapons people are using plays no hand in the matchmaking, that's up to you to counter.  When you called for backup that bronze you got was probably the only one readied up that wasn't in a mission at the time, or at least the most compatible out of them.  Everything that happened there was unfortunate and bad luck, but you can't blame the matchmaking system for everything.

I can blame it since it is unfair, Would you like to deserve a win then you lose because your teammate ain't sh*t?

41 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I don't think those are bugs. 

It is a bug since it is unfair.

3 minutes ago, blockblack said:

It is a bug since it is unfair.

that's not what bug means

• Like 1

They don't call backup at the last 20 seconds.

They call for backup, and the game spends 2 minutes looking for said backup that is compatible.

JUST SO HAPPENS the backup is called in 20 seconds prior to mission end.

• Like 1

Those aren't bugs.  "Bug" implies that there's a problem with the way backup and matchmaking are coded, resulting in them not functioning the way the designers intended.  What you described are a team leader who forgot to cancel the call for backup and matchmaking doing the best it can with the limited amount of available players in the district.

No it isn't fair, but matches in APB are rarely ever fair.

Edited by Lammashta

If you get called in on the last 20 seconds of a mission and you do not complete enough gameplay actions because you do not make it to the mission location, the mission will technically not count as a loss/ win. It might be shown on your districts stats but under the hood the mission is not considered and will not affect your threat.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Glaciers said:

that's not what bug means

Anything that is unfair and not acceptable which is game breaking is considered a bug (at-least for me).

9 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I feel like we have another YooD on our hands.

hm?

6 hours ago, Lammashta said:

Those aren't bugs.  "Bug" implies that there's a problem with the way backup and matchmaking are coded, resulting in them not functioning the way the designers intended.  What you described are a team leader who forgot to cancel the call for backup and matchmaking doing the best it can with the limited amount of available players in the district.

No it isn't fair, but matches in APB are rarely ever fair.

Wait what? so the designers wanted the match making to be scum baggy like that?

Edited by blockblack

36 minutes ago, blockblack said:

Wait what? so the designers wanted the match making to be scum baggy like that?

Matchmaking often has the choice of giving you a poor match, or no match at all.

6 hours ago, Speedz said:

If you get called in on the last 20 seconds of a mission and you do not complete enough gameplay actions because you do not make it to the mission location, the mission will technically not count as a loss/ win. It might be shown on your districts stats but under the hood the mission is not considered and will not affect your threat.

Nice to know that the game won't "count" it.

I've had missions where I've called for backup, and when the timer was low, I cancelled the backup request only to have the game still pull someone in, who promptly got a loss.  I suspect the game had already started the "pulling in" bit when I cancelled the request.  Still sucks for the person coming in, only to insta-lose.

This and getting called in to a mission and you are 1000m away from the objective.  Ugh.

1 hour ago, blockblack said:

hm?

Don't worry about it.

Point is, what I'm saying is that it's not the matchmaking system's fault that it has an extremely small player pool to choose from.  Think about this.  80 in a district.  If you call  for backup, only half of that (40) is eligible to become your teammate.  Then you have to take into account how many of them are already in a mission, so that could be 20+ other people that can't be called in, so you're left with 20 that could be called in.  Of those 20, how many do you think are readied up?  Certainly not all of them, because most are probably goofing off.  So let's say there's 10 players readied up for the sake of this example.  How many of them are in groups, and how would those groups affect the balance of the mission?  Lets say there's a group of two bronzes.  And then two groups of four golds.  Your opponents are two golds and a silver, which group would throw the mission more out of whack?  Either of the two gold groups.  So the system decides giving you the two bronzes would be the better choice.  It's rarely fair, but that's just how I think asymmetrical matchmaking works.

Edited by BrandonBranderson