Snubnose

POLL TIME - RIOT

POLL TIME - RIOT  

104 members have voted

1. 1. your thoughts for the future of RIOT mode?

• keep RIOT like this, improve it over time. (balance focus on both RIOT and main game)
    • scrap RIOT. focus on the main game.
    • rework RIOT into a TurfWar gamemode. (similar to planetside 2, but in a smaller scale)
    • rework RIOT into something completely different. (post suggestions below)
    • I don't care what happens.
    • make APB 2 :^)

21 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Do you really expect people who have moved on to getting married and new families to have time to come back?

entirely new people have to be acquired somehow to have enough.

Sure I hope some of the ones who were here before come back but we are going to have to face it that it will take the means of attracting entirely new people to make APB grow.

how to get there is anyone's guess but we definitely need new types of content and game modes (along with fixes to APB that we all know about)

well it's both. old players and new.
I know quite a lot of people that have played apb and are still actively gaming a lot (pretty much half my steam friendslist)... and even if someone gets married, why would it mean they stopped gaming completely? they still have their own free time.

and yea, new people come into APB that's outdated in every corner (UI, tutorial, visuals) and won't be impressed very much... no matter how much customization they get.
therefore: APB 2 :^)

2 hours ago, Snubnose said:

even if someone gets married, why would it mean they stopped gaming completely? they still have their own free time.

kids....

omg they never run out of power damn walking batteries

other than that....iono

11 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

yup i vote for 2 and 3 like most people looks like..

Yup, thats why I did. Either scrap the gamemode cause it's utter shit as it is, or make it into a viable TurfWar mode. Planetside 2 is still fun and well active after all these years, even after SOE died and became DBG.

TurfWar could actually be fun. An enduring conflict mission that requires users to actually use strategy and shit.

ok this is epic, deleting riot is most popular choice. #deleteriot

18 hours ago, IROCkiller said:

I personally think RIOT mode should have been a PlanetSide 2 styled mode. A constant fight for control of the district, with the ability to spawn at any held areas in the district. 

Hc8puZh.png

This is kind of how it's looking in my mind. 

Red Area = Team One

Green Area = Team Two

Blue Area = Team Three

Yellow H = Home Base

Pink 1 = 1 point for holding that zone

A territory control district is definitely something I want.

I'd make it even more like PS2 and have the district run persistently rather than reset after a certain period of time (although I concede this may not be viable). I'd also try and keep it to the two faction split rather than run 3 randomly grouped teams. Might need three for game balance a la Planetside, but I'd still at least try the two.

I know the map's for illustration purposes only, but I assume the idea is to have the map broken into more zones than that?

Edited by MrChan

2 hours ago, MrChan said:

A territory control district is definitely something I want.

I'd make it even more like PS2 and have the district run persistently rather than reset after a certain period of time (although I concede this may not be viable). I'd also try and keep it to the two faction split rather than run 3 randomly grouped teams. Might need three for game balance a la Planetside, but I'd still at least try the two.

I know the map's for illustration purposes only, but I assume the idea is to have the map broken into more zones than that?

Yeah, with RIOT mode the roads pretty much are the boundaries for the zones, and I think that's perfectly fine.

I don't know about a faction split, I'd say keep groups together but open matchmaking (faction doesn't matter in open matchmaking)

I think the rounds have to end for progression purposes. I'm not sure on that, as getting eliminated from RIOT still gives you some progression. Not a lot, elimination severely reduces your standing reward.