Authorize

Raising the gold standard

I've been playing for 3 weeks now, i do pretty well and today had an 11-3 game 3 times in a row, but i think the standard should be raised to around 20 kills 5 deaths or so because the golds i go against right after getting gold get around that K/D and it's beginning to become an issue, i've gotten gold 7 times in the past 3 weeks and i just don't want to do it anymore - They either use macros, spawn camp, or use guns i couldn't possibly get or know how to use while i'm gold and am forced to dethreat because of it, and i've heard that people get banned for dethreating so i'd just like the bar raised so i don't accidentally get gold again....

K/D Is not a good direct indicator of skill/performance.

Also if you are dethreating you're not gold then.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

Dethreating isn't the issue, the issue is that i keep getting it and getting locked out of where i should be > I know i'm silver, but at the current moment i've been gold for a week now and stuck with players that are way better than me, but since i do missions properly and get kills even though i die a lot the game thinks i'm still gold

1 hour ago, blazeburner said:

Dethreating isn't the issue, the issue is that i keep getting it and getting locked out of where i should be > I know i'm silver, but at the current moment i've been gold for a week now and stuck with players that are way better than me, but since i do missions properly and get kills even though i die a lot the game thinks i'm still gold

I don't think you realise that many golds dethreat to get easier opponents, why do you think gold district is always empty and everyone is in Silver or bronze?

Raising the bar in theory will help you but the reality is that it while there is another threat level, people are going to just adapt.

You also got to consider the population numbers. APB has a first threat level segregation, you can only go into a district that is 1 threat level lower than your actual threat rating; Basically bronze can go into any district but a gold player can only go into silver unless they dethreat.

The current threat system need a rework and it is being planned but a new threat level on it's own isn't going to do anything when gold districts are already empty.

1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

The current threat system need a rework and it is being planned but a new threat level on it's own isn't going to do anything when gold districts are already empty.

let's just make the golds just enter their respective server ', is not it easy?

I like many others we just want to play with equality, I also have to add, that they are not what they will be, now they die from time to time and it is very rewarding, those immortals .....

As you said, another level of threat is not necessary, just correct the current problems, it would be more than enough for the whole community

Edited by SirVilla

sigh another one of these threads where people

A : dont know how threat works and wants to change it 

and...   B : Where answers produced wont fix the real problem of threat to begin with.

I want to go with C : I want pie

1 hour ago, SirVilla said:

let's just make the golds just enter their respective server ', is not it easy?

I like many others we just want to play with equality, I also have to add, that they are not what they will be, now they die from time to time and it is very rewarding, those immortals .....

As you said, another level of threat is not necessary, just correct the current problems, it would be more than enough for the whole community

Locking threats strictly is not only going to hurt gameplay between friends and clans but was worsen dethreating problem.

It was only after threat segregation that people started actively trying to dethreat as all opponents were of the same threat level and then with the gold district population dropped, the fair playing gold including myself had to face the fact that we'll have to drop down to silver to get any opponent.

Sadly fixing the threat system isn't that simple fix. What defines a person's threat, how do you quantify a person's skill level. Once we can say for sure this is how we are going to tell a person's exact threat, you then need to rewrite the game' threat algorithm so that it's not going to be exploitable while being fair and accurate. 

2 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Locking threats strictly is not only going to hurt gameplay between friends and clans but was worsen dethreating problem.

It was only after threat segregation that people started actively trying to dethreat as all opponents were of the same threat level and then with the gold district population dropped, the fair playing gold including myself had to face the fact that we'll have to drop down to silver to get any opponent.

FFA threat district aka OC? Also system that forces players back to districts where they belong, unless they're willing or forced to join OC.

Edited by xHenryman90x

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

sigh another one of these threads where people

A : dont know how threat works and wants to change it 

and...   B : Where answers produced wont fix the real problem of threat to begin with.

I want to go with C : I want pie

Another thread where they don't know how threat works?
If i'm going gold in 3 weeks, and stuck in gold for a week clearly it's a problem, no matter how you look at it. I should be silver > and i'm stuck playing against max rank golds
I don't see how that's not seeing how the threat level works, i understand how the new threat level works - instead of win/loss it's based on points, doing missions gives you so many points, even while i'm silver if i do all the missions i get gold in 1-2 missions cause it gives me 3.5-3.8k points, that's ridiculous.

• Like 1

Plus i've already heard they are gonna raise the standard so that this doesn't happen anymore, not my fault you're gonna derank cause you're not actually gold or dethreating on purpose....

10 minutes ago, blazeburner said:

Another thread where they don't know how threat works?
If i'm going gold in 3 weeks, and stuck in gold for a week clearly it's a problem, no matter how you look at it. I should be silver > and i'm stuck playing against max rank golds
I don't see how that's not seeing how the threat level works, i understand how the new threat level works - instead of win/loss it's based on points, doing missions gives you so many points, even while i'm silver if i do all the missions i get gold in 1-2 missions cause it gives me 3.5-3.8k points, that's ridiculous.

Just now, blazeburner said:

Plus i've already heard they are gonna raise the standard so that this doesn't happen anymore, not my fault you're gonna derank cause you're not actually gold or dethreating on purpose....

whoa hold up there toxic fighter I never said any of that.

And yes it is another threat where people don't know how the threat works the comments  show that to people who do know how.

did i ever say YOU?

get off your high horse we can see your boogers and get a damn tissue

btw i don't dethreat i never once said I'm a gold i said there's times get carried by people and it can turn me gold....there's a year of posts from me saying this feel free to look them up...sheesh

14 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

whoa hold up there toxic fighter I never said any of that.

And yes it is another threat where people don't know how the threat works the comments  show that to people who do know how.

did i ever say YOU?

get off your high horse we can see your boogers and get a damn tissue

btw i don't dethreat i never once said I'm a gold i said there's times get carried by people and it can turn me gold....there's a year of posts from me saying this feel free to look them up...sheesh

You never said that? You could scroll up but i'll help you out fam, http://prntscr.com/n5p249 a screenshot of your cancer.

Also, thread< Not threat My high horse just keeps getting higher huh?

People like you are the type of people i would never interact with, and tbh i see why there are no new players - cause you post a general shitpost and you have to have thicccccc skin to deal with you idiots

16 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

did i ever say YOU?

you clearly missed that this is what i was referring to.

and no i don't dethreat.  yes it is another thread to where people replying dont know how threat works

and yes your cheesecake sucks  so move along

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

you clearly missed that this is what i was referring to.

and no i don't dethreat.  yes it is another thread to where people replying dont know how threat works

and yes your cheesecake sucks  so move along

You also missed the part in my last post where i didn't say you dethreat, cause i read your comment - i don't care about that, you still posted something so "General" < You should look up that word btw > that made it seem like you were talking about the OP and everyone involved.

27 minutes ago, blazeburner said:

not my fault you're gonna derank cause you're not actually gold or dethreating on purpose.

sigh

Ye > You're not actually gold
then i said >Dethreating on purpose 
If you're not actually gold, then you're not dethreating 

I gave 2 of the best options that are currently available in the community, the second one didn't apply 
My bad...

1 minute ago, blazeburner said:

Ye > You're not actually gold
then i said >Dethreating on purpose 
If you're not actually gold, then you're not dethreating 

close but thats not quite how detrheating works.

to be technical dethreating is intentionally trying to change the gold to silver , whether a real gold or not would be mostly irrelevant.

in my case i cant drive for beans (need to fix those glass cars) so its not hard to screw up and blow myself up somehow

i mean ive blown up recently in the middle of the street and still have no idea how since it was free roam and no 5 stars on the map meh

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

close but thats not quite how detrheating works.

to be technical dethreating is intentionally trying to change the gold to silver , whether a real gold or not would be mostly irrelevant.

in my case i cant drive for beans (need to fix those glass cars) so its not hard to screw up and blow myself up somehow

i mean ive blown up recently in the middle of the street and still have no idea how since it was free roam and no 5 stars on the map meh

I haven't had that happen yet so i'm not sure what you're talking about, but yes i know how dethreating works cause i've had teammates purposely kill me to get negative points and get a demerit, that's not what we're talking about with this conversation...

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

yes it is another thread to where people replying dont know how threat works

I have to agree with this.

7 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

FFA threat district aka OC?...

Open Conflict worked on the principle that threat levels and ranks are hidden from everyone including your own team mates. The game's matching system should automatically match up random team mate that are of mixed ranks and threats, this is done equally to both team as to counter each other out statistically.

Open Conflict didn't work for 2 reasons:

1). People playing with friends in groups undermined the matchmaking system, the system in place didn't take into account that there would be groups and didn't compensate for that for the random team.

2). Server population levels was too low for open conflict to work, it just didn't feel like it was random with too little players in the server to play against.

You should know that the Open conflict matching system IS being applied to the new upcoming game mode "RIOT".

Hiding threats I don't think is going to make people feel any more reassured about cheating and hackers or that the match making system works.

3 hours ago, blazeburner said:

but yes i know how dethreating works cause i've had teammates purposely kill me to get negative points and get a demerit, that's not what we're talking about with this conversation...

Threat level is determined by averages and trends in a player's set of matches but Dethreating is a problem that needs to be addressed.

7 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

...Also system that forces players back to districts where they belong, unless they're willing or forced to join OC.

Dethreating needs to be addressed because there is no point in adding a new threat level if people are going to just dethreat more, The whole threat system needs a rework because it's not just a single problem with a single solution.

You can't stop a water shortage with more water volume or pressure if the pipeline is leaking from multiple faults.

Edited by VickyFox

Dethreating golds is a problem we cannot address cause they'll just find a work around for it.
Dethreating silvers, same issue with no solution.
What i am talking about has nothing to do with dethreating whatsoever, i stay in gold to get better at the game because i have LITERALLY been playing for 3 weeks, i just learned about the game and find it hella fun, but getting stuck in a threat level i do not enjoy is not fun. If i'm forced against the highest ranked players with the highest ranked mods and the highest ranked roles then that is fucked, it's a fucked system that should be fixed. We're going off topic here.

The community is toxic as shit, and will flip on a dime.
But the gameplay is fun.

Everyone talks about "No new players coming into the game"
"Find me a new player"
- here i am, a new player, trying to enjoy the game
But since i have an opinion people want to attack me left right and center.... It's just not worth it if this continues 

The main topic at hand so we can stop going off-topic on this thread, is that i should not be gold after 2 weeks and stuck in the highest threat level for a week just cause i do missions, because they are big orange squares on my screen that look pretty shiny to me - i wanna do them, i wait for opp and then do them just like everyone else, but since i don't kill my teammates and shit i just end up getting destroyed cause the opp is a team full of golds cause i can't get out of gold rn....

vicky and I aren't trying to attack

Just trying to set the record straight on this

Edit the threat problem is being addressed by Little Orbit with phasing planned in the near future. It's mentioned in detail on a different thread

Edited by Fortune Runner

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

vicky and I aren't trying to attack

Just trying to set the record straight on this

Edit the threat problem is being addressed by Little Orbit with phasing planned in the near future. It's mentioned in detail on a different thread

I'm not talking about you guys attacking, i'm talking about the community as a whole - mainly from discord at this point

I got downvoted multiple times just for speaking my opinion xD that's cancer