Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ThrowawayAccount

Issues with the Snowball Event

Recommended Posts

The snowball event is a good concept, but there are several issues with the event and the rewards.

 

1.) One of the two dailies is bad - There seems to be only two types of dailies within the snowball event, kill 15 players or capture and hold 5 objective points until the end of a round. The first daily is fairly easy in nature and straightforward, kill players in order to complete it. The second daily is not as easy or user friendly to all types of players, especially ones that decide to solo queue. The player is forced to rely on teammates and pray that the teammates are willing to help capture the objectives. I have been playing the event and doing the dailies for about a week now and I can tell you that the majority of the time, I am put with teammates who are either afk, 500m away from the objective, or only going for kills. This is a major issue for players who have the objective daily because that player will be put in potentially, unfavorable conditions such as 1v2's, 1v3's, and 1v4's. This is especially noticeable on Jericho where the playerbase is low enough that you might get the same "helpful" teammates as the last round.

 

How do we fix this issue?

You could implement a way to force a different combination of teammates every round, basically you would not get the same teammate(s) from last round. Although, there will be a point where this is not feasible anymore depending on the population of the district. Another option could be to eliminate the objective daily entirely and only have a kills daily. Personally, I think this is the best option because it coincides with the completionist title of "Slayer", slay more to become a slayer. Also, it is favorable for two types of players, the solo queuer and the group. The solo queuer is forced to rely on their own ability to kill players and the group can help their teammates stun an enemy if one of them is incapable of killing players on their own, it is a win-win situation. RNG has almost no influence on completing this daily.

 

2.) Time gating is bad - Not everyone has the ability to play everyday for "x" amount of minutes/hours to complete two dailies per day. I have an idea on why one of the new rewards is being time gated. It is possible that LO wanted players to play everyday to keep a healthier population in the seasonal districts, but this is definitely not the best way to go about it. People have real life obligations and may not be able to play for a day or two. By time gating rewards you have lost some players from ever playing the event. An example of this is when I asked my friend if he wanted to come back to APB and bribed him with the new cool titles from the seasonal events. I told him how to get the rewards and he already knew he would not be able to complete some of the tasks to receive certain items/titles due to real life obligations. Basically he already gave up before even starting the game and I completely understand why. What is the point in doing a task if you're not going to get it anyways? 

 

How do we fix this issue?

Do not time gate rewards but rather provide some incentive to play everyday if you can while allowing players to hop on at any time to complete the tasks for their desired seasonal rewards. This could be done by using the same concept as gun roles. A player would have to kill "x" amount of players to receive the seasonal reward. As for incentive it could be something as simple as free G1C, free cosmetics, or free JMBs for playing on a certain day.

 

3.) How the snowball event feels like with a bug/exploit? - As some of you may be aware, there is a way to throw multiple snowballs at blazing speeds by doing a certain trick. I won't say what it is in order to prevent more people from doing it, but playing against this is unfun. The event has become a spamfest and the team with the most players that can pull off this trick is most likely going to win the match.

 

At the end of the day, I am glad that LO is attempting new game modes, but I feel that there is room for improvement.

  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One problem I am seeing lately is people are playing the financial snowball district less and less lately and it is difficult to get 20 dailys done for some because of it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the whole concept of completing daily activities to advance holiday roles/achievements is literally so stupid (not to mention flawed)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

3.) How the snowball event feels like with a bug/exploit? - As some of you may be aware, there is a way to throw multiple snowballs at blazing speeds by doing a certain trick. I won't say what it is in order to prevent more people from doing it, but playing against this is unfun. The event has become a spamfest and the team with the most players that can pull off this trick is most likely going to win the match.

If that "trick" is holding down button, then please... here are doors. Use them.

 

Also today expect lack of people to play Slay Bells, because most probably completed Slayer achievement (i'm about to, just missing one activity (because of first day activity which was bugged).

Edited by Mitne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

2.) Time gating is bad - Not everyone has the ability to play everyday for "x" amount of minutes/hours to complete two dailies per day. I have an idea on why one of the new rewards is being time gated. It is possible that LO wanted players to play everyday to keep a healthier population in the seasonal districts, but this is definitely not the best way to go about it. People have real life obligations and may not be able to play for a day or two. By time gating rewards you have lost some players from ever playing the event. An example of this is when I asked my friend if he wanted to come back to APB and bribed him with the new cool titles from the seasonal events. I told him how to get the rewards and he already knew he would not be able to complete some of the tasks to receive certain items/titles due to real life obligations. Basically he already gave up before even starting the game and I completely understand why. What is the point in doing a task if you're not going to get it anyways? 

I spend 10-15mins everyday to complete these two dailies. If you don't have such amount of time, why do you even play games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mitne said:

If that "trick" is holding down button, then please... here are doors. Use them.

 

Also today expect lack of people to play Slay Bells, because most probably completed Slayer achievement (i'm about to, just missing one activity (because of first day activity which was bugged).

No, the trick is not holding down m1.

1 hour ago, Lign said:

I spend 10-15mins everyday to complete these two dailies. If you don't have such amount of time, why do you even play games

Yes, let us blame the player for not being able to do a daily instead of fixing a design flaw, lovely logic right there.

 

For your information, I always complete both dailies everyday because I have the time to and I know that I am capable of completing them. The issue here is that the capture the objective daily can take an absurd amount of time to complete or that there is the potential to not complete it at all. A worst case scenario for me is that I am paired up with teammates that do not want to do the objective and I have to solo my way through multiple games. It would take me roughly 5 full games to complete the daily, which could be 1-2 hours depending on how long a full game lasts. This scenario assumes that I am able to solo capture and hold an objective. Now, replace me with your average joe and I am willing to bet that that person is going to spend much more time than I did to complete that daily or not even be able to complete that daily before they have to go. If that isn't a design flaw then I don't know what is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I appreciate new content, I feel a few tweeks to the Holiday Event/s would help.

 

 Plain n simple, I do not like the fog storm, there is no reason for it. Its confusing, hard to see, and it kills you. And its constantly doing it. 

So if you do capture an obj. and hold it. it means nothing cause the fog will come an run you out, then u gotta find another point to capture in the fog n hurry there, n on and on. Hard on the eyes and no time to chill between rounds. Very fatiguing.

 

 I do like some of the new skins and titles.

 

  Not sure if we have been seeing a glitch or not in regular dist. having the random elf contact progression missions, this leaves some question as to how one progresses in the Event. It may only be Max Ranks getting this idk. 

Also after leaving the Fin Event, i encountered heavy fog in wf and fin regular dist, was fine after a game reboot. 

 

 The Beacon being popular must be kept, be neat to have the beacon put into Baylan as a FC or expanded event area, i am not fond of the Beacon and would like to see the same type of game/event using Baylan FC.

 

Over all I think LO did pretty good  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

No, the trick is not holding down m1.

Yes, let us blame the player for not being able to do a daily instead of fixing a design flaw, lovely logic right there.

 

For your information, I always complete both dailies everyday because I have the time to and I know that I am capable of completing them. The issue here is that the capture the objective daily can take an absurd amount of time to complete or that there is the potential to not complete it at all. A worst case scenario for me is that I am paired up with teammates that do not want to do the objective and I have to solo my way through multiple games. It would take me roughly 5 full games to complete the daily, which could be 1-2 hours depending on how long a full game lasts. This scenario assumes that I am able to solo capture and hold an objective. Now, replace me with your average joe and I am willing to bet that that person is going to spend much more time than I did to complete that daily or not even be able to complete that daily before they have to go. If that isn't a design flaw then I don't know what is.

Yeah, and 15 kills daily prevents winning those who hasnt won yet because their teammates after completing the challenge just leave

Edited by Lign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

 

You are talking so much bs ...

Why are bronze players even allowed to post anything

  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Lign said:

Yeah, and 15 kills daily prevents winning those who hasnt won yet because their teammates after completing the challenge just leave

If we're going by that logic, what is stopping me from leaving the game after getting my 5 capture points?

 

30 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

You are talking so much bs ...

Why are bronze players even allowed to post anything

You wouldn't be allowed to post if they restricted bronzies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThrowawayAccount said:

If we're going by that logic, what is stopping me from leaving the game after getting my 5 capture points?

 

You wouldn't be allowed to post if they restricted bronzies.

5 points is usually a minimum to win one match. I finish this daily by one match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lign said:

5 points is usually a minimum to win one match. I finish this daily by one match

This assumes that the individual has not had any previous checkpoints done and that the other individual has not yet won a full game. With my scenario, I could have 4/5 checkpoints done prior to meeting said individual who has not done the winning the match achievement and leave before the end of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

3.) How the snowball event feels like with a bug/exploit? - As some of you may be aware, there is a way to throw multiple snowballs at blazing speeds by doing a certain trick. I won't say what it is in order to prevent more people from doing it, but playing against this is unfun. The event has become a spamfest and the team with the most players that can pull off this trick is most likely going to win the match. 

When this bug was first reported a lot of people who found the event fun soon were turned off and have not been seen in the event since then.

It is the same characters every day using the exploit and staying in there for a majority of the event so people not using the exploit simply cant play from a cheater making the event terrible.

Some mentioned using the report feature however those same exploiters are still in there daily using the exploits all out for as long as they are in the event.

It appears Little Orbit was not ready to combat the exploitation of the event  in real time yet and some have been saying if they get to it at all.

I have to agree with them that it feels like the exploiters will get away with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

When this bug was first reported a lot of people who found the event fun soon were turned off and have not been seen in the event since then.

It is the same characters every day using the exploit and staying in there for a majority of the event so people not using the exploit simply cant play from a cheater making the event terrible.

Some mentioned using the report feature however those same exploiters are still in there daily using the exploits all out for as long as they are in the event.

It appears Little Orbit was not ready to combat the exploitation of the event  in real time yet and some have been saying if they get to it at all.

I have to agree with them that it feels like the exploiters will get away with this.

You can report the exploit's use to a GM... If you can find one. 

And the exploit is a product of not having to throw a nade just because you started cooking it. To fix the former without effecting the latter would likely have requiree more time than the team  had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You can report the exploit's use to a GM... If you can find one. 

And the exploit is a product of not having to throw a nade just because you started cooking it. To fix the former without effecting the latter would likely have requiree more time than the team  had. 

agreed and agreed

Hoping they would have time to deal with exploiters somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...