Kewlin

Kewlin's Big Shotgun Thread

Do you think shotguns need to be fixed?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think shotguns need to be fixed?

• Yes, and Kewlin’s ideas seem like a good start.
    • Yes, but I just want the CSG-20, JG-840, NFAS-12, and Ogre reverted.
    • Yes, but I want all shotguns reverted.
    • Yes, but not in any of the ways mentioned above.
    • No, shotguns are fine as they are.

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Wait, you still play APB?
I thought you quit like a year ago.

I still play, got APB on discord and I ghost forums still.

Sometimes i'll play apb for weeks at a time take a lil break and come back. My most recent was a 2 1/21 month break from yesterday or so. It would be dumb to just quit a game i spent faaaar too much money on anyways.

Normally i'll hop on for a few days and hop off if i meet no one to hang out with while playin.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

36 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

JG won't be "op" at 15m range, but it would hardly matter to begin with i feel due to its spread (it's worse than the csg's and isn't half as reliable). It normally takes 3 shots at 7m (even before LO changes) more range isn't going to help it much, especially since it's never been even half "good" past 10m (which would take 5-6 shots to begin with). CSG was always the one that could reach out and be good at it. While I agree it should reach out further than the JG, I do NOT want any semblence of return back to the 2014-16 CSG which is why i feel 20m for full damage pellot damage plus bonus is a bit much, while i know spread can help fix that, it would depend on how they would adjust the pellet bonus to compensate.

I don't know what to say, literally everything you said here is false or dumb. Lol.

If giving the JG more than 10m range wouldn't hurt, and I want it, why disagree? There's no logical reason.

Why would it make the CSG OP to give it the range it had before LO touched it? And even then, if it's OP at the range it had, the buff LO gave it should be pulled back some, not its range, which is its entire purpose over the JG, fucked entirely.

39 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Clearly the team dynamic is lost on me when i have to solo que carry all day. APB is also a game where you should switch weapons based on location, enemy loadout, mission type, and adjust your sidearms for your primary weapon's weakness if it has any. Aka mid-long range with a cqc weapon, cqc with a long range primary, etc. It also has a damage drop mechanic which means that you have to also be aware of your weapon's range capabilities, radar, enemy vehicles, and in the case of shotguns, spread AND range. Having range doesn't help if you dont have the spread or accuracy to back it up.

What does this have to do with anything? I'm so fucking confused.

Are you seriously going off on a rant about teamplay because I said something about the CSG being able to help with assists at 20m? It almost sounds like you're actually suggesting I swap to another gun because at one point in a mission there's an enemy my teammate is shooting at that's 20m away from me?

42 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

If the csg was never good at those ranges why would it matter so much to you if it can fire at those ranges or not? If it's not good at those ranges why bother giving people the ability to try and just die like fools trying? Taking 6-7 shots at 20m is asking to be killed since that takes 3+ seconds. The CSG does feel weak, but i feel like that's more to spread than range due to the changes. I'm fine with it being 15m though.

You're the only one who said the CSG isn't good past 15m, what are you getting on about? The CSG is good at 20m IMO. As I've said, it doesn't take 6-7 shots to kill someone at 20m, stop pulling numbers out of your patootie, because I've tested this and it takes 5.

Plus, saying it's spread, not range, that makes the CSG weak is provably incorrect because the CSG has tighter spread than ever and worse range than literally any shotgun had before LO changed shotguns. Just look at my damage charts and you can see that range is the issue with the CSG.

15m would make the gun still worse than it was before LO touched it without IR3, which is a huge issue.

29 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

I don't know what to say, literally everything you said here is false or dumb. Lol.

If giving the JG more than 10m range wouldn't hurt, and I want it, why disagree? There's no logical reason.

Why would it make the CSG OP to give it the range it had before LO touched it? And even then, if it's OP at the range it had, the buff LO gave it should be pulled back some, not its range, which is its entire purpose over the JG, fucked entirely.

What does this have to do with anything? I'm so fucking confused.

Are you seriously going off on a rant about teamplay because I said something about the CSG being able to help with assists at 20m? It almost sounds like you're actually suggesting I swap to another gun because at one point in a mission there's an enemy my teammate is shooting at that's 20m away from me?

You're the only one who said the CSG isn't good past 15m, what are you getting on about? The CSG is good at 20m IMO. As I've said, it doesn't take 6-7 shots to kill someone at 20m, stop pulling numbers out of your patootie, because I've tested this and it takes 5.

Plus, saying it's spread, not range, that makes the CSG weak is provably incorrect because the CSG has tighter spread than ever and worse range than literally any shotgun had before LO changed shotguns. Just look at my damage charts and you can see that range is the issue with the CSG.

15m would make the gun still worse than it was before LO touched it without IR3, which is a huge issue.

How's it false or dumb? I've used the JG plenty, and it's always taken me 3 shots+ passed 7m, even before LO's changes.

Why agree? If it's not going to really help at all what's the point in doing it? Yay he can "tickle" me with 1-3 pellots every .7 seconds, that's not really doing much. "Team game" isn't an argument either for weapon balance either.

CSG had even been changed and nerfed several times by G1 before LO did their changes because they realized that it was too strong as it had been. We all know it would take weeks for LO to revert the change which made it too powerful.

I'm questioning why, you would bother wasting primary gun ammo and time by taking a minumum of 5 shots at 20m (0+.7+.7+.7+.7) 2.8s in a "perfect scenario ignoring reaction time, (since macros are bannable) and missed pellots when your damage would be more effective and consistent and timely using a pistol at that range to help a teamate. It takes more than 5 shots if you don't hit the necessary number of pellots for a kill, which became harder after they randomized CSG's firing pattern. While it may be easier now after LO's changes, they would likely have to roll back the pellot changes for the CSG and the spread to what it was before just to maintain a semblance of balance without breaking it again. It can use "some" more range, but i don't have to agree on your suggested amount.

How is it being 15m and not 20 an issue? It would still be BETTER than what it is now, and the reason they made it weaker was they felt it was too strong to begin with. Probably because they felt that most shotguns are for closer ranges, and that SMGS should be 15-30m. If you looked at the various weapon and range changes, you might notice what they are trying to do. They clearly don't want the CSG to be the powerhouse it had been before.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

I'd be great if we had some of LO's input on this topic , clearly the community doesn't feel comfortable with the current state of shotguns .

10 minutes ago, Ketog said:

I'd be great if we had some of LO's input on this topic , clearly the community doesn't feel comfortable with the current state of shotguns .

iirc LO plans to revisit weapon balance in the future, probs why they are bringing back SPCT

but arent they like laser focused on 3.5 for now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ketog said:

community has never felt comfortable with half of the current state of "anything".

On 11/30/2018 at 3:02 PM, CookiePuss said:

iirc LO plans to revisit weapon balance in the future, probs why they are bringing back SPCT

but arent they like laser focused on 3.5 for now?

The SPCT, AFAIK, is coming back more to test the EU.

The EU needs a lot of testing.

On 11/30/2018 at 12:24 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

~snip~

Sorry I haven't gotten around to replying to you, or really even reading your post, I've kinda' just been busy and tired recently.

I'll try and reply soon.

On 11/25/2018 at 11:54 PM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

30M should be the minimum damage range for all lethal weapons.

On 11/26/2018 at 9:08 AM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

APB's max range is so low nothing can be called a sniper. This and the overly open districts makes it tough to properly balance and separate weapons. In other games you don't even need a scope at 100M.

Since you are well aware of the drastic range limitation in APB, why do you suggest a minimum damage range of 30m for lethal weapons? It compresses the range way too much and leaves no room to create distinct CQC weapons.

In APB 30m is essentially the limit for 'short range'. As shotguns are generally supposed to be CQC weapons that carry an advantage over SMGs the closer you are to an opponent, their minimum damage range should be fairly low, just like their maximum (either with a hard limit or spread).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

Since you are well aware of the drastic range limitation in APB, why do you suggest a minimum damage range of 30m for lethal weapons? It compresses the range way too much and leaves no room to create distinct CQC weapons.

In APB 30m is essentially the limit for 'short range'. As shotguns are generally supposed to be CQC weapons that carry an advantage over SMGs the closer you are to an opponent, their minimum damage range should be fairly low, just like their maximum (either with a hard limit or spread).

It's the damage dropoff range I'm suggesting to increase, not increase the accuracy. I find it stupid that weapons stop dealing damage even though they are still reliably accurate.

Currently, you can land 50% of your pellets reliably yet you're only dealing a third of the damage per pellet. It makes no sense, and to a new player it just looks like bad hitreg.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

i just tought this thread needed a bit more attention so i bumped it. . hi btw.

Lets not forgot LO shotgun buff :^)