HighSociety

Star LCR still just a meme

"We are also reverting the Improved Rifling change as well as reverting the LCR fire-rate buff."

So it will just stay on the rusty pile of trash that i own.

Are there any chances to make it usefull pls?

• Like 1

Have you considered that the weapon is viable, just not the way you're using it?

1) Use it's range to your advantage and outrange other people

2) The accuracy is top notch during sustained fire, use supression fire and not pop in pop out techniques

3) don't go solo, give cover to your teamates, take cover and don't let your enemies close in, temporise

4) don't use it close quarter unless desperate, prioritise the use of a close-ranged secondary

5) use the high damage per mag to your advantage; while lower than some other AR, it's higher than the rifles by over a thousand (which are its main competitors at this range)

6) it's good for supressing snipers when you're not outnumbered, just don't take needless risks you just need to pin them down

To sum it up: use your brain, not your index. Only then it becomes a viable weapon.

And if you really ``think'' the LCR is bad, I'd suggest you try the ISSR-a or ISBR lmao.

But hey, I guess that "One man's trash is another man's treasure" as old guy Arlon Benjamin would say...

I'd buy it from you.

Granted, the locked slots kinda suck hard, I'll give you that; this restriction doesn't make sense in current meta.

16 minutes ago, Onadan said:

Have you considered that the weapon is viable, just not the way you're using it?

Gonna be honest, I have not once in my 7 years of playing APB seen anyone use the LCR and do well.  I do a hell of a lot better with the ISSR-a than the LCR due to its crazy hard damage.  Whenever I see someone using it (which is rare) they always end up switching to something else halfway through the mission because they keep getting killed.  It's just not a viable gun.

No disrespect, but that's purely anecdotal, you mention yourself that your sample size is lacking.

1 minute ago, Onadan said:

No disrespect, but that's purely anecdotal, you mention yourself that your sample size is lacking.

Have you considered that you are wrong and the entire APB community is right?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Onadan said:

Just because an opinion is popular doesn't make it right.

what even is narcissism?

59 minutes ago, Onadan said:

And if you really ``think'' the LCR is bad, I'd suggest you try the ISSR-a or ISBR lmao

SBSR*

The issr-a may be be an inferior version of the issr-b, but it's still decent. It is considered a version of the issr-b after all, even if it's weaker. As for the sbsr...I haven't used it so can't say anything on it

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

what even is narcissism?

That's not the strongest argument I've ever read. I think you're better than that.

12 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

SBSR*

The issr-a may be be an inferior version of the issr-b, but it's still decent. It is considered a version of the issr-b after all, even if it's weaker. As for the sbsr...I haven't used it so can't say anything on it

Oh right my bad. Well you can try it out for 30 mins, or 7 days for 700 joker tickets. spoiler: it's not worth it.

Granted, it's been buffed so it's not as terrible as it used to be,  but even after trying it post-buff on the test servers it didn't seem anywhere near viable to me.

Edited by Onadan
typo

That's not the strongest argument I've ever read. I think you're better than that.

Says the guy who argued "Its not the WORST gun in the game".

1 hour ago, Onadan said:

1) Use it's range to your advantage and outrange other people

2) The accuracy is top notch during sustained fire, use supression fire and not pop in pop out techniques

3) don't go solo, give cover to your teamates, take cover and don't let your enemies close in, temporise

4) don't use it close quarter unless desperate, prioritise the use of a close-ranged secondary

5) use the high damage per mag to your advantage; while lower than some other AR, it's higher than the rifles by over a thousand (which are its main competitors at this range)

6) it's good for supressing snipers when you're not outnumbered, just don't take needless risks you just need to pin them down

To sum it up: use your brain, not your index. Only then it becomes a viable weapon.

And if you really ``think'' the LCR is bad, I'd suggest you try the ISSR-a or ISBR lmao.

But hey, I guess that "One man's trash is another man's treasure" as old guy Arlon Benjamin would say...

I'd buy it from you.

Granted, the locked slots kinda suck hard, I'll give you that; this restriction doesn't make sense in current meta.

oh sorry maybe everytime when i was using LCR and decided i'll better switch to n-tec, obeya, obir or to issr-b (depending on range) because all of them are better than LCR... i was wrong.

only got 4.5k hours in APB don't judge me that hard

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Says the guy who argued "Its not the WORST gun in the game".

Well, no I didn't ``argue'' per se. I just contradicted a CLAIM (ie not an argument) that it was the worst gun in the game.

If you want to have an adult discussion, you're going to have to drop the hyperboles and calm your tone.

Just now, HighSociety said:

oh sorry maybe everytime when i was using LCR and decided i'll better switch to n-tec, obeya, obir or to issr-b (depending on range) because all of them are better than LCR... i was wrong.

only got 4.5k hours in APB don't judge me that hard

Maybe it's just not the right weapon for your gameplay is what I meant to point out. Not everyone can use every single weapon in the most optimum way ever. I'm sorry you took it the wrong way.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Onadan said:

Oh right my bad. Well you can try it out for 30 mins, or 7 days for 700 joker tickets. spoilet: it's not worth it.

Granted, it's been buffed so it's not as terrible as it used to be,  but even after trying it post-buff on the test servers it didn't seem anywhere near viable to me.

and ya there are more guns not really viable.

what i tryed to say is that we had the chance for a viable LCR with the RoF increase but they won't let us try

2 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

and ya there are more guns not really viable.

what i tryed to say is that we had the chance for a viable LCR with the RoF increase but they won't let us try

Oh I see, I think I didn't get your point then, my bad.

I would agree with you that in the current meta, it's lackluster compared to the cream of the crop weapons.

However, based on my meagre personal experience, I happened to fare better with it than most weapons. Which led me to believe it was a gamestyle and affinity issue.

I'd be able to form a more solid opinion if only I were able to purchase the ****ing weapon already...

If you are a collector, go ahead a grab one when you can.

If you are looking for a viable gun with range beyond that of standard rifles... just grab an ISSR-B, it is vastly superior.

haven’t we already had this argument already?

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If you are a collector, go ahead a grab one when you can.

If you are looking for a viable gun with range beyond that of standard rifles... just grab an ISSR-B, it is vastly superior.

I'll agree that objectively ISSR-B is the better gun overall. However I just prefer the LCR as a weapon for a variety of reasons.

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

haven’t we already had this argument already?

And I'm willing to have it again and again until LO finally decives to sell the bloody weapon. They can make money and shut me up at the same time, what's not to like?

7 minutes ago, Onadan said:

I'll agree that objectively ISSR-B is the better gun overall. However I just prefer the LCR as a weapon for a variety of reasons.

Over the Dog Ear?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Over the Dog Ear?

Yeah, it's a matter of preferences. I'm actually on the fence about getting the dog ear or not, currently on a 3 day lease; if I could get an LCR I wouldn't even consider buying one.

I guess I'm the weird one, but I really like the gun.

Just now, Onadan said:

Yeah, it's a matter of preferences. I'm actually on the fence about getting the dog ear or not, currently on a 3 day lease; if I could get an LCR I wouldn't even consider buying one.

I guess I'm the weird one, but I really like the gun.

But the LCR is literally worse in every way.

It does nothing better than the Dog Ear.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

But the LCR is literally worse in every way.

It does nothing better than the Dog Ear.

It has more ammo, more damage/mag, higher fire rate, no loss of accuracy during sustained fire, and I think a slower switch time? could be wrong on the last one.

Granted, it has a lower TTK and less hard damage, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

• Like 1

It has more ammo, more damage/mag, higher fire rate, no loss of accuracy during sustained fire, and I think a slower switch time? could be wrong on the last one.

Granted, it has a lower TTK and less hard damage, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

It seems you dont understand how APB or weapon stats work. 

That being said I guess if you like it, rock it.

You should meet up with my homie @Weeb TheEpicGuyV2, he also loves using bad weapons. Its like a fetish or something.

Well tbh it had to get reverted along with the IR revert (I would have welcomed the accidentally buff lcr, dont get me wrong, even if it was for a week). It only makes sense to do so. It seems LO is learning from their mistakes of half-reverting/half-patching things (IR almost keeping its new upside with its revert or shredder still being op when shotguns got the hot patch adjustment anyone?)

that or they only remembered to revert it because someone brought it up. Who knows

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You should meet up with my homie @Weeb TheEpicGuyV2, he also loves using bad weapons. Its like a fetish or something.

Plz no expose

5 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Plz no expose

Be proud!

No kink shaming here!