Hollywood7098

Turn The Tides

just realized this is fallen earth forum mb

Edited by kurbstomp88

4 hours ago, Eric Cloud said:

YOU are not everyone either, and i swear this is an alt account of Aroa.  Regardless of what you think the majority of people i see don't want to play the same game from scratch, just for some eye candy and less sectors like Aroa keeps stating. Yes you can have your opinion but stop acting like anyone who does not agree is childish. Honestly you are being childish when you do that.

No i don't like lag, cheaters or dupes. Stop being a self centered short sighted child about someone not agreeing with you that the game needs a wipe. It is possible they may be able to transfer stuff, YOU don't know for sure and YOU are just getting childish and immature because people do not agree with the way you think. GET OVER YOURSELF. All we are saying if it is done how you propose, we do not feel the game is going to take off and get a huge amount of players. I for one will not waste my time for eye candy and less sectors.

I just propose an idea, that is in agreement with the forum topic that is talking about "wipe server", I am not addressing anyone in the forum in particular, so please stop your immature attitude. I believe that my idea will work, and although I am seeing comments that support what I say, although the vast majority, that which has left the game, they do. Although all those people who are not in the game and who do not like what we have will not play in the future when the code is changed, since the game will be forgotten. Why do not you give a coherent solution to resurrect the game "now" or "the immediate present (a month or two)" instead of criticizing the opinions of others ?, If I'm honest, I do not like to see that the game is lost. I would like Matt to expand information and say: Aroa, it is not possible to make your idea because the game does not allow it, and with that I would be clear that the game is totally sentenced

I'm all for a server refresh as long as I get to keep my vip Spiked Chopper and gas mask. The journey is more fun than sitting at the end twiddling your thumbs. I've been here since beta, supported this game until G1 just sat on it and did nothing with it but charge upwards $30 for a subscription. LO so far seems to be doing a decent job, and for that respect I'll throw some cash at them in hopes FE won't fizzle out. Bring on a server restart! 

• Like 1

You can't fix stupid, no matter how hard you try.

Nuff said.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eric Cloud said:

YOU are not everyone either, and i swear this is an alt account of Aroa.  Regardless of what you think the majority of people i see don't want to play the same game from scratch, just for some eye candy and less sectors like Aroa keeps stating. Yes you can have your opinion but stop acting like anyone who does not agree is childish. Honestly you are being childish when you do that.

Me finally calling out all the "I'll QUIT, I swear I will!" posts as childish and unproductive is not just attacking people with differing opinions. That's either a straw man or you're not paying attention.

The majority you see is not the majority that is. The only reason you see a "majority" is because the most vocal players panicked and ran to the forums to cry bloody murder.

Still, I honestly don't think the game will last, especially not if they do a new and old option just to appease like 50 people. It will already take some serious marketing, elbow grease and skill to make this game palpable in the current market. It doesn't need the extra "population split" coffin nail.

It's success almost hinges on Fallout 76 either failing to scratch the post apocalyptic itch or igniting a tidal wave of post apoc market demand.

...or just really stellar marketing and actual content updating.

I want to believe, LO.

Edited by Skippicaa
Syntax, added xfiles
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skippicaa said:

Me finally calling out all the "I'll QUIT, I swear I will!" posts as childish and unproductive is not just attacking people with differing opinions. That's either a straw man or you're not paying attention.

The majority you see is not the majority that is. The only reason you see a "majority" is because the most vocal players panicked and ran to the forums to cry bloody murder.

Still, I honestly don't think the game will last, especially not if they do a new and old option just to appease like 50 people. It will already take some serious marketing, elbow grease and skill to make this game palpable in the current market. It doesn't need the extra "population split" coffin nail.

It's success almost hinges on Fallout 76 either failing to scratch the post apocalyptic itch or igniting a tidal wave of post apoc market demand.

...or just really stellar marketing and actual content updating.

I want to believe, LO.

You realise that you make no sense right?

I could pull apart everything you just said but its cruel to pick on children so instead I'll say this. Eric talks to people in FE all the time. He has many friends in FE. He is often seen hanging out with new and old players, helping to do events or missions. So I think he does understand what the players of FE, the MAJORITY OF FE PLAYERS feel about starting fresh on a new server.

Majority means that more players have stated they don't like the idea of restarting than those that stated they don't care either way. In mathematical terms this could be put like this: 7 out of 10 players said they would not start over. 3 out of 10 said they didn't mind starting over. Does that make the concept of majority more clear for the children on this forum?

Just in case that didn't help here is the dictionary definition of MAJORITY: a number or percentage equaling more than half of a total

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dracio said:

You realise that you make no sense right?

I could pull apart everything you just said but its cruel to pick on children so instead I'll say this. Eric talks to people in FE all the time. He has many friends in FE. He is often seen hanging out with new and old players, helping to do events or missions. So I think he does understand what the players of FE, the MAJORITY OF FE PLAYERS feel about starting fresh on a new server.

Majority means that more players have stated they don't like the idea of restarting than those that stated they don't care either way. In mathematical terms this could be put like this: 7 out of 10 players said they would not start over. 3 out of 10 said they didn't mind starting over. Does that make the concept of majority more clear for the children on this forum?

Just in case that didn't help here is the dictionary definition of MAJORITY: a number or percentage equaling more than half of a total

You really need to think about your comments more before rage typing.

Re'read the comment you just replied to and think a little bit further than "What's the easiest insult I can get away with."

Since I know you won't because people hate thinking laterally, by all means let me explain.

In the battle to profit off the game, even having 100% of the current and even recently returned players, you do not have anywhere close to the majority of players.

"GASP! BUT MUH DEFINITION!"

I know, calm down. You need to apply a definition of a word to the actual situation. If you don't understand the situation fully, you get your last comment.

The biggest potential target audience is new players. Biggest is synonymous with majority? Like... whoah.

Current. Players. Do. Not. Matter.

(As much as you want them to.)

Remember that? Ah, good times.

Eric is interacting with players and playing the game in order to get a good feel for its world and its problems. Great, that's some good due diligence.

Edited by Skippicaa
Please dismantle at your leisure.
  • Thanks 1

I'm as Old Timer as they come in the history of this game and yes there are things that are very important to me, to the extent that I may not actually be able to enjoy and continue playing Fallen Earth after complete wipe/restart

unless .....

1.  When I log in, I am still hit with the same grungy, rusty, bleak magic that gobsmacked me 10 years ago back in it's closed alpha testing stage. If you don't understand what I mean just move on, you will never get what I'm talking about. I want to feel like I came home, like the moment I first emerged from lifenet, even if there are a million old school creepers waiting outside, in fact I would welcome it. Bring back the old googly eyed toothy grinning creatures of nightmarish mutation and ditch the irritating bugs, There is a reason they were named creepers and it had nothing to do with minecraft. more like.. "Jeepers creepers, where'd you get those peepers"

2. By the end of the day I have laughed, cried and at least threatened my monitor with barbaric violence because the wasteland is triggering all my emotions. I want to feel the story and immersion.

I cannot except less then what I was given during round 1 of our apocalypse if I'm to be stripped of the ties that bind. I would not miss the uncounted yellows and stacks of crafting materials in the legendary vaults of BoS, I would however mourn the loss of my fuzzy potato's, questionable venison and other old oddities that brings with them a book-full of memories.

Most of all I would miss the BoS monument just outside Embry because it represented the birth of this very special and loved game, when they took the time to have gamers test it before asking for a single dime. we gave our input and ingenuity instead of a credit card number.  I have always seen it as representing us from a bygone era, not just the clan that won the final event. It would hurt to lose that. 

If there is no other way for at least a very limited transfer, then LO is going to have to make me fall in love like Icarus did.  However I must admit that I had already been on a death watch, I've been expecting for the plug to be pulled and then it would be simply gone and it broke my heart.

Now there is actually hope, however tentative and for that I am willing to try and be just as flexible as possible but I make no promises on how much that will be. 

Edited by Sang
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2