Jump to content
Pinpuce

Ran out of memory

Recommended Posts

Ok I know there's a topic about this already but there doesn't seem to be any fix.

My game will "run out of memory" after 2-3 hours of social customisation and even in the middle of missions after less than an hour.

PC Specs:
i5 8400 3.8Ghz / 16Gb DDR4 dual chan
GTX 1060 6Gb
Windows is running on a M.2 slot SSD with over 300Gb free and APB is currently installed on a hdd with over 1Tb free. (I had APB on the ssd previously and installed it on the other drive to try to fix the issue)

I did try this but the game ran out of memory after 2 hours anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are you running on the background while in game?
Do you use steam?
Have you tried to reinstall APB? 
Does the ram usage spike or does it gradually increase over time?

In any ways, APB still is a remarkably awful game to play, in terms of performance. Whatever the leak is.
It still doesn't support much of the new hardware we use today. And who knows, it might not support your CPU at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try change filtering to off.
had this error since adjusted video setts, for me caused filterings.

Another temp solution - removing all cores n left only one #0, while game run

Edited by Dahel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

What are you running on the background while in game?
Do you use steam?
Have you tried to reinstall APB? 
Does the ram usage spike or does it gradually increase over time?

In any ways, APB still is a remarkably awful game to play, in terms of performance. Whatever the leak is.
It still doesn't support much of the new hardware we use today. And who knows, it might not support your CPU at all.


Discord/Steam/Spotify sometimes chrome but I never managed to overload the ram afaik.
I've been monitoring the usage but it seems fine.
I reinstalled from an ssd to a hdd and still have the same issue.

Overall it's quite random, it'll "run out of memory" after twenty minutes like it does after nine hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pinpuce said:

Discord/Steam/Spotify sometimes chrome but I never managed to overload the ram afaik.
I've been monitoring the usage but it seems fine.
I reinstalled from an ssd to a hdd and still have the same issue.

Overall it's quite random, it'll "run out of memory" after twenty minutes like it does after nine hours.
well chrome is sort of notorious for consuming resources like hell.

But bottom line, who knows, it might be an issue relating to one of the active processes, that is consuming a ton of memory and not APB at all. 
Still it feels like an chrome thing, since it is random. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had this aswell, with 32 gb of ram, never went above 60% total usage while playing apb, still get this error.

so no, it's not really related to useage outside of apb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Psygo said:

I've had this aswell, with 32 gb of ram, never went above 60% total usage while playing apb, still get this error.

so no, it's not really related to useage outside of apb.

keep in mind, APB in it's current state is still a 32-bit application so it can't use all of your RAM, only about 4GB's of it. 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advanced APB Launcher -> use USP style click Save and run game (without launcher - if game is up to date - BE service will run automaticly)

this one should help if not try to use some memory cleaning or try to look what is taking ur memory in easy way "CTRL + SHIFT + ESC"

My APB is taking mostly 2GB of ram in total

PS. did u have page file setted properly ? not using default windows (use 20-30GB of page file to be sure its not this)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...