Sign in to follow this  
Snubnose

'Anubis' broken since the last patch.

anubis is back to it's pre-weapon rebalance state...

please fix this with the next patch, I really enjoy the fixed + buffed anubis.

• Like 1

tbh i ditched my anubis for a DOW when i discovered how good is the oblivion buff .

2 hours ago, Ketog said:

tbh i ditched my anubis for a DOW when i discovered how good is the oblivion buff .

The oblivion is still a movement restricted, slow 4 shots to kill sniper rifle. The only thing it's got going for it it perfect accuracy without having to recover accuracy from sprinting.
But it's still bad.

24 minutes ago, GhosT said:

The oblivion is still a movement restricted, slow 4 shots to kill sniper rifle.

I personally disagree with that, the shots go by pretty quickly if you get the timing down, and the sprint penalty is barely there with how miniscule it is

3 minutes ago, Nite said:

I personally disagree with that, the shots go by pretty quickly if you get the timing down, and the sprint penalty is barely there with how miniscule it is

I don't know, I see literally no reason to use it when things like the DMR or the N-ISSR-B exist, and do the job much better.

2 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I don't know, I see literally no reason to use it when things like the DMR or the N-ISSR-B exist, and do the job much better.
The DMR can't hope to outperform the oblivion now, it has a slower fire interval (800ms to the Obliv's 475ms), worse sprint speed (475cm/s to the Obliv's 550cm/s) and barely any extra damage (the Obliv does 325 health dmg now which is not far off the DMR's 400). Only the DMR-AV has anything going for it over the Oblivion due to it's hard damage advantage.

ISSR-B makes a stronger all round case compared to the S-247 (though that fight is closer than before IMO) but definitely not the DMR.

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

The oblivion is still a movement restricted, slow 4 shots to kill sniper rifle. The only thing it's got going for it it perfect accuracy without having to recover accuracy from sprinting.
But it's still bad.
It's actually the opposite of what you said , i suggest you forget anything you know about oblivion and give it a try in mission districts , at least once .

(btw i reccomand CJ3 , HS3 , and whatever purple mod you like 😛 )

1 hour ago, FluttershyI said:

And when you are at it, please make it's TTK lower 🙂

it already got a firerate buff with the latest rework. it's TTK is 1.47 now, which is pretty good for a sniper. (oblivion is on 1.42, barely a difference, and scout is on 1.75)

3 hours ago, Ketog said:
It's actually the opposite of what you said , i suggest you forget anything you know about oblivion and give it a try in mission districts , at least once .

(btw i reccomand CJ3 , HS3 , and whatever purple mod you like 😛 )

Already did that, still find it weak and underperforming.

2 hours ago, Snubnose said:
3 hours ago, FluttershyI said:

And when you are at it, please make it's TTK lower 🙂

it already got a firerate buff with the latest rework. it's TTK is 1.47 now, which is pretty good for a sniper. (oblivion is on 1.42, barely a difference, and scout is on 1.75)
Its not good for a sniper that can't be used at sniper range because it's bloom doesn't recover quickly enough to hit accurately.

It's also not good for a sniper that can't be fired at maximum rate of fire without excessive bloom.

It's effective range is basically AR range where NTEC completely destroys it.

Also, it's affected by the same sprint block that the HVR has so that when you shoot you can't sprint for a second or two, meaning you can't take potshots with it without exposing yourself excessively.

And I would argue the crosshair still needs work.

It's definitely not done being buffed. Right now you literally can't get rid of an Anubis because no one wants it.

4 hours ago, StunStick said:
Its not good for a sniper that can't be used at sniper range because it's bloom doesn't recover quickly enough to hit accurately.

It's also not good for a sniper that can't be fired at maximum rate of fire without excessive bloom.

It's effective range is basically AR range where NTEC completely destroys it.

Also, it's affected by the same sprint block that the HVR has so that when you shoot you can't sprint for a second or two, meaning you can't take potshots with it without exposing yourself excessively.

And I would argue the crosshair still needs work.

It's definitely not done being buffed. Right now you literally can't get rid of an Anubis because no one wants it.
This ^^ I mostly feel like it's not mobile and enough and that it's firing (bloom recovery) is too slow to be competitive against other weapons. I mean, scout being a 1.75s TTK 2-shot sniper with full mobility and excellent corner peaking/accuracy doesn't really make the Anubis good  due to a 1.47s TTK on paper. In practise it always looses out to a scout in the open or with cover. Edited by FluttershyI