Sign in to follow this  
Parthian

Weapon Balancing

Hello Lidl Orbit,

Your game is currently dog patootie. Servers are garbage and the weapon "balancing" feels like it's done by MonsterMan5835 from the bronze district. Here are some ways you can improve it.

- JG Test A - 2-shot pellet count reduced to 7 (from 6) (Damage 100 from 140, Scale 0.897 from 0.82).
Don't really know how much of a difference this makes but imo none of the shotguns really needed a buff.

- CSG-20
Fire Rate down to 0.8 (from 0.68).
A CSG with IR3 now feels more like a Strife with CJ3. 

- Shredder - Increased fire interval to 0.42 (from 0.37). 
This is FAAAAAAAAAAAAR from enough. I really don't know how you guys haven't nerfed the range of this on live already. It's really ruining the game. If your enemy has a shredder and you don't, it's going to be really hard to compete. 

- Low Yields
Please do something about them. Reduce them to 2/change the blast radius to be the same as the concs/nerf them down to 495 dmg. Something has to be done. 

- Improved Rifling
The fire rate nerf needs to be reverted. The nerf really broke the N-TEC 5 and made the Obeya CR762/OBIR useless at longer ranges. The 5+ range on all of the marksmanship rifles sounds interesting though so we'll see how that plays out. Nonetheless the N-TEC feels like shit.

- N-TEC 5 Test A
This one is mostly fine IMO. Jumpshotting has been an issue that has needed to be addressed for a very long time. I'm happy it's finally happening.
- N-TEC 5 Test B
What were u even thinking? If you're trying to put N-TEC 5 on par with the other assault rifles you should probably look into nerfing some of those too. The FAR and the Misery are more or less going to be straight upgrades from the N-TEC 5 with this nerf.

- OBIR/OSCAR/Burst weapons in general
The Cooling Jacket buff was really unnecessary.
Sidenote: The OBIR tends to ghost-shot every 4 or so bursts with CJ3 for me. O_o

- N-HVR 762
Quickswitching has never really been the issue for me. The fact that this weapon can 85 you and therefore put you out of the game for 15-20 seconds is just dumb, and doesn't have a place in this game.

- RFP-9
It's literally a pocket OBIR. Nerf the range on this thing. Don't even get me started on the 'Fang'. Maybe switch the IR3 out for a 3 Point Sling 3?

- PMG
How come no one is complaining about this thing?

- OCA
The fire rate nerf was really needed. Very nice.

- Servers
Fix them. At this point it feels like you aren't even playing against your opponent, you are playing against the server/RNG. The DDoSing is gone, I'll give you that but it feels like you've only really made the RNG worse with your "fixes". 

Edited by Parthian
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Lumshedens said:
Perhaps the reason is that shotguns are even more disgusting to play against nowadays, but that might change soon. The PMG is clearly overpowered, its additional accuracy over the OCA, kills per mag and lower shots to kill weigh a lot more than the OCA's measly 0.05s TTK advantage.  And let's not even get started about other SMGs such as the ACES, Curse or M-1922. 

What I'd do is simply lowering bloom recovery to the point that holding down LMB leaves you with hipfire-STAR level accuracy at best, and require tap firing at an interval of about 0.250s to completely negate bloom. That would have a double benefit, first off it would make the weapon more balanced compared to other SMGs and especially carbines, but also give it a unique playstyle within the SMG category so it can differentiate itself from the also bloomless OCA. 

These stats would accomplish the above:
Shot Modifier Cap: 0.50 -> 2.00
Recovery Per Second:  7.20 -> 3.60

(Effective bloom per shot: ca. 0.23 from 0.00)

Effectively, this would mean that after 8 shots are fired, the PMG would reach its bloom cap and become inaccurate much like a hipfired assault rifle. Firing more slowly or in bursts can easily mitigate that bloom, making the weapon still more than viable. Also, Cooling Jacket would be situational and risky rather than a straight upgrade.

As for grenades, I'd simply remove the ability to resupply them in anyway and make them usable on a small cooldown, unaffected by premium of course. The cooldown could be something like 30s for heavy grenades and 20-25s for low yields. This would remove grenade spam and benefit players who can stay alive. The only problem I see with this is that Espacios and Pioneers will be even more of a pain to destroy than they are now, but those will have to be addressed at some point regardless of how grenades work. 
  • Like 1

Sorry for my English. You will have to strain to understand it. In spite of everything, I hope that my post will be taken into account.

In my opinion, 2 weapons need improvement

1. Vas SW2 - This is a combination of "Light Machine Guns" and "Assault Rifles". If there is something to everything, it is good for nothing. Here it works a little. You can not destroy any car with this weapon unless it is standing still and it is difficult to kill another player. VAS SW2 has a recoil like in an assault rifle and such as in a light machine gun, which makes it difficult to fire continuously and it is difficult to shoot single shots. I think it should have increased
Damage Per Shot  - 19.5% -> 19.65%
To be able to place the modification "Haevy Barrel 3", which will slightly reduce the recoil. As it is above all a machine gun should have increased
Hard Damage - 30.22 -> 31.77 

2. Colby M-1922 - I played only Colby M-1922 "Hazardous". I did not play this weapon for a long time because it had serious problems with recoil and did very little damage. I can not say anything about her, but it would be good to pay attention to her because she is not a good weapon.

I took information about weapons statistics from the Armas Marketplace.

Edited by Wasabi987

1 hour ago, Wasabi987 said:

Sorry for my English. You will have to strain to understand it. In spite of everything, I hope that my post will be taken into account.

In my opinion, 2 weapons need improvement

1. Vas SW2 - This is a combination of "Light Machine Guns" and "Assault Rifles". If there is something to everything, it is good for nothing. Here it works a little. You can not destroy any car with this weapon unless it is standing still and it is difficult to kill another player. VAS SW2 has a recoil like in an assault rifle and such as in a light machine gun, which makes it difficult to fire continuously and it is difficult to shoot single shots. I think it should have increased
Damage Per Shot  - 19.5% -> 19.65%
To be able to place the modification "Haevy Barrel 3", which will slightly reduce the recoil. As it is above all a machine gun should have increased
Hard Damage - 30.22 -> 31.77 

2. Colby M-1922 - I played only Colby M-1922 "Hazardous". I did not play this weapon for a long time because it had serious problems with recoil and did very little damage. I can not say anything about her, but it would be good to pay attention to her because she is not a good weapon.

I took information about weapons statistics from the Armas Marketplace.

First off, it looks like you're confusing bloom and recoil.
- Bloom is the accuracy penalty that results from firing or moving too much, depending on your weapon. Bloom is what makes your crosshair bigger and its effect on accuracy is random and can't be compensated consistently. 
- Recoil is the crosshair's movement caused by the weapon firing (instead of by the player's mouse). For example, an N-Tec will move the crosshair upwards with each shot fired. This can be compensated by manually using the mouse to put the crosshair back on target, in this example by moving it downwards. 

The N-SSW/SW2 with Heavy Barrel 2 recovers more bloom than it generates in between shots, which means that even though the crosshair grows and shrinks, it effectively has zero bloom. So there would be no point at all in using HB3, even if it meant keeping the 6 shots to kill. This also shows why the weapon is not underpowered at all, since its range is still above and beyond that of any assault rifle. Only the Obeya can kill nearly as fast at 65 meters, and it's far less forgiving. The average vehicle DPS it has (which is still pretty good if you compare it with non-LMGs) makes sense since the weapon is an AR/LMG hybrid.

As for the M-1922, the Hazardous has extremely poor modification choices. An open-slot M-1922 with Hunting Sight 3 (to gain a real accuracy benefit over OCAs and the like) and Magazine Pull 3 will be much more efficient for instance. Regardless of this, I do agree that the Tommygun wouln't mind a small buff.  Perhaps some extra effective range (up to 40m) or a better marksmanship modifier could be implemented. Right now it kind of struggles against other weapons with a similar role, especially the Manic. 

3 hours ago, Neuson said:

please just revert the current weapon changes

stop killing ur game

No weapon reverts will help you bro
  • Like 1

@Lumshedens Even with a range nerf the RFP would still dominate mid range since it deals a lot of damage per burst, meaning that you can 3-burst enemies at assault rifle range and still deal good support damage spikes up to 60ish.  
Just act on damage instead, make it so that you need to land 9 bullets for a kill instead of 8 with very little overkill (340 per burst, ex.), wouldn't change the  TTK by much under 40m but would require a lot more bullets and a bit more tracking once dropoff starts.

that, or nerf marksmanship,but that's a bad idea.

14 hours ago, Rikard86 said:
@Lumshedens Even with a range nerf the RFP would still dominate mid range since it deals a lot of damage per burst, meaning that you can 3-burst enemies at assault rifle range and still deal good support damage spikes up to 60ish.  
Just act on damage instead, make it so that you need to land 9 bullets for a kill instead of 8 with very little overkill (340 per burst, ex.), wouldn't change the  TTK by much under 40m but would require a lot more bullets and a bit more tracking once dropoff starts.

that, or nerf marksmanship,but that's a bad idea.
rfp should be a marskman gun imo, i’d rather they delete hipfire capability like it was before the buff 

i like the damage change with no overdamage tho, cool suggestion

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
rfp should be a marskman gun imo, i’d rather they delete hipfire capability like it was before the buff 

i like the damage change with no overdamage tho, cool suggestion
RFP always had good hipfiring, it was sprintfiring that was nerfed, but if you just ran while holding it always has had the same accuracy.