Keshi

Let's make JMB's better

Make JMB's better  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should JMB stay as it is or make it better?

• yes
    • no
    • My suggestion on better jmb's

6 minutes ago, Keshi said:
well then the best way to make JMB better than is to leave the droprate
And give us something better than 3day guns, or allow us to sell/trade these trail weapons in the market
yeah, or atleast limit the 3day lease pool to weapons you don't own yet (while keeping the same overall probability though - checking which weapons you own etc might be quite complicated though). flooding social mp with trial guns doesn't seem reasonable though. add an option for selling/exchanging those leases for a few jt would be fair as well. however... that seems like a lot of effort i guess.

also, your poll is an alternative question but expects polar answers while it is not clear or implied in any way which of the polar answer represents either alternative... umm... ye.

and didnt we have this very topic just some days if not hours ago Edited by neophobia

I only bring up ARMAS costs because if you dont think you should have to pay more for a legendary than for an account bound ARMAS gun, then what is the point of having JMB anyways?

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I only bring up ARMAS costs because if you dont think you should have to pay more for a legendary than for an account bound ARMAS gun, then what is the point of having JMB anyways?

kinda special and also tradeable weapons?

armas costs are way too high either way. (i have 76 acc perm but i suppose not everyone is as... willing... as me to put that much into a game.)
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, neophobia said:

armas costs are way too high either way. (i have 76 acc perm but i suppose not everyone is as... willing... as me to put that much into a game.)
oof, well thank you for keeping the servers running!

12 minutes ago, neophobia said:
kinda special and also tradeable weapons?

i have more than 1k dollars spend ingame
You are not alone my friend
  • Like 1

It's literally in the name of the type of weapon that it is; Legendary. The word is self-explanatory.

They're meant to be rare, scarce, and not many people should own them - plus having the ability to trade them for in-game currency gives them that extra value of being worth something long after spending G1C to get it - making it more than just a purchase, but rather an investment that you can later cash out on. I'm even going to go as far as to say getting Legendary weapons from JMB's should have a lower drop percentage than they currently do, based solely on how diluted the marketplace is with just about every single JMB Legendary.

What's the point of having the JMB system exist at all if you're just going to guarantee get a drop when you spend X amount of money? May as well make the Legendary weapons from JMB's be direct purchases, like everything else on the ARMAS market.

Furthermore JMB's are a form of gambling, fact, and thus there should NEVER be a fixed amount of purchases that guarantee a drop other than RNG. A probability isn't always a certainty, and a 1% drop chance should never guarantee you a Legendary if you purchase 100 boxes - not just because that's how the law of total probability and gambling works, but because you're a big enough nonce to drop 9,900 G1C on 100 boxes for a reskin of a weapon you could grab off the marketplace for the price of 6 hours of in-game mission farming.

And let's not even delve too deep into the fact that most Legendary weapons are reskins, and that's why they ought to be as rare as their title indicates. You should see a Legendary and go; "wow, that guy has X Legendary, such a cool reskin of the Y weapon, LOOKS amazing". Because that's what most Legendary weapons are. Reskins. And those 3-4 Legendary weapons that are NOT reskins can be purchased with in-game currency which you can earn within a few days of mission farming.

The purpose of JMB's is to gamble, get lucky in 3-4 boxes, spend 9,900 on 100 boxes to try and outplay the law of probability, or lose all your G1C trying - don't buy them if you can't handle the concept.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShadowXS said:

It's literally in the name of the type of weapon that it is; Legendary. The word is self-explanatory.

Legendary is a bad term as these weapons have 0 privileged state, especially in comparison to what Legendary generally means in every other game.  I would disagree that they should play by those rules as far as being rare.  Only the 3-slot is still kinda sorta rare. Edited by mynd

On 8/24/2018 at 10:08 PM, mynd said:
Legendary is a bad term as these weapons have 0 privileged state, especially in comparison to what Legendary generally means in every other game.  I would disagree that they should play by those rules as far as being rare.  Only the 3-slot is still kinda sorta rare.
which is kind of true but, i guess that eliminates the "pay2win" state?