Triksterism

Patch notes please

So far LO has been pretty good about being communicative and open with the APB community. All I ask now is that we get more detailed patch notes than "Hey we fixed some stuff, now sift through our blog posts to find out exactly what was changed"

Patch notes please! @MattScott

• Like 2

I sort of agree it would be nice listing all of it once more.
To be fair though, anyone who's been reading through the forums or testing OTW the last couple of days knows pretty exactly what's been changed.

1 minute ago, thelinux said:

I sort of agree it would be nice listing all of it once more.
To be fair though, anyone who's been reading through the forums or testing OTW the last couple of days knows pretty exactly what's been changed.

Yeah, but not everyone does that. They still should list all the changes in detail.

8 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:
Neither this post nor the blog post give enough specifics.

It'd be nice to see the exact values of what has changed.
+1

1 minute ago, UpholdThePeace said:
Neither this post nor the blog post give enough specifics.

It'd be nice to see the exact values of what has changed.
+1

mean the weapon stats?

Or this:

General update for Project #1 - Infrastructure:

For May and June, we focused on 1.19.5 updates that cleaned up leftover issues from G1. For July, I am pleased to announce that we are opening access to our first major update to PC (1.19.6).

This build includes some quality of life changes along with some basic new content including:

- Improvements to networking
This is an ongoing effort to help clean up some of the last changes G1 made back in September of 2017. We've made several changes that need to be tested in a larger environment, and we're going to experiment with opening districts back up to 100 players.

- Fixes to Friends system
We found several bad problems with this system that allowed players to grief other players. You will now need to accept friend invites before a friend is added to your account. No other players can see your exact location till you accept the invite - including on the player search feature.

Alongside this fix we are opening the ignore list for all players to the max size instead of continuing the practice of charging for expanded slots.

NOTE: This will require us to wipe friends list once we push it into production.

- Overall weapon balance pass
I've posted about these changes on our forums, so I wont go into detail in this blog, but you can review my original post here.
https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/2439-upcoming-weapon-balance-changes/
These changes are in Baylan A and Baylan B when you log in. Please excuse the weird messaging in Baylan B, we'll fix that in the next couple days. The weapon balance is different between these two districts. We are A B testing them, so try both.

As I said on the forums, the overall goal was to focus on positive weapon changes and help build distinction between categories so we can make sure each of them feel different. This is a little exploratory for us, and it's just a first pass. I expect there will be a couple rounds of iterations before we find the sweet spot. We hope you'll get on OTW, test the changes, make notes on how everything feels, and then let us know.

- New weapon: Showstopper
Lastly we've introduced an entirely new gun. This is our first piece of new content. It's important that it was small and manageable for us to learn how to get it in properly. We'll be providing more details on this gun shortly.

Stats are not final. We'll be adjusting these over the next couple days.

Moving forward we are now focused on testing and deploying 1.19.6 for all players on PC. Edited by SpeedyCat

13 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:
its only a small amount of changes that actually got into live
theres still lots of info missing