Sign in to follow this  
TrashCan

Why Kempington run APB constant on 120FPS? (120FPS only for selected players?)

I play PUBG without any lag or FPS drops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (120 Fps constant)
So why the CPU usage in Apb on 1 core goes up to 80% - 95%? ( 120FPS drops to 60 Fps 1 second delay included )
Is this a trick or is there more behind it? ( as I suspect!!! )

Cheers 
TrashCan

Most games are gpu intensive, but APB is different. We here have a really cpu intensive game.

What does this mean? It means you need a good cpu if you want good constant fps. You should also overclock it. 16GB of ram is recommended and an SSD drive (since APB writes a lot of files on the drive)

System Specs?

I run APB above 100fps most of the time. It has the typical short stutter each minute and will drop a bit when there's 20+ players running around, but otherwise it runs fine. Specs in sig.

You probably just want to change your 'smooth frame rate' setting in options.

The day of "apb makes your pc crawl to it's knee's " will be over soon enough The Tyranny will end 

• Like 2

On 8/1/2018 at 1:43 AM, Zolerox said:

The day of "apb makes your pc crawl to it's knee's " will be over soon enough The Tyranny will end 

My GPU Boost don't go UP in APB as well! but its only in APB in all other games my GPU goes up an work fine zero drops zero stuttering zero input lag trust me i tested so much and it must have something to do with it.

18 minutes ago, TrashCan said:
On 8/1/2018 at 1:43 AM, Zolerox said:

My GPU Boost don't go UP in APB as well! but its only in APB in all other games my GPU goes up an work fine zero drops zero stuttering zero input lag trust me i tested so much and it must have something to do with it.
It does that because the game isn't pushing your gpu enough to actually require that.
You could make a profile for apb with it set to max perf, but it is doubtful it will make a difference.

11 hours ago, emiljensen2 said:
It does that because the game isn't pushing your gpu enough to actually require that.
You could make a profile for apb with it set to max perf, but it is doubtful it will make a difference.
It does make a huge difference. When my GPU drops to 2D clocks the game gets stuck at around 30fps, while when set to maximum performance in the control panel it runs at 120fps.

I really wish Nvidia/AMD would go back to the old way of implementing boost, by going by what application is running, instead of going by load.