jarko

APB with Google Authenticator ( 2 step authentication)

APB with Google Authenticator ( 2 step authentication)   

44 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. APB with Google Authenticator ( 2 step authentication )

• yes
    • no

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/18 at 04:00 AM

More security has never been a bad thing was it?

What are you thoughts about it?

But what about when google turns in to skynet? Won't that stop me from playing APB due to authentication issues.

4 hours ago, InteoixBR said:

Ever heard of this cool thing called Steam?

What is this steam thing you speak of? go on....

Can't we just have a 2 step auth that does not rely on a third party company?

Edited by iTzHaze
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, InteoixBR said:

Ever heard of this cool thing called Steam?

steam sucks tho
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, jarko said:

More security has never been a bad thing was it?

What are you thoughts about it?

my thoughts are: the idiocy in calling it Google Authenticator and then selling your soul to the company to nearly freely advertise that. if you aren't being paid by google to specifically use it on your site, then don't. there are so many services out there that use 2FA and they call it their "google authentication" code, then you reach out to them and ask "is google sponsoring your site or something" and simply say no..

it's not unique in anyway and doesn't provide any more security than any other Authenticator that reads a token or QR code. Just call it 2-FA and let the user decide what application they want to use to read the token code (as there are many out there). obviously, you shouldn't trust EVERY provider but Microsoft Authenticator is just as good as Google.

but yes, have 2fa. can be as simple as sending a code to your email or even sms protect. Edited by tennogrineer
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, tennogrineer said:

my thoughts are: the idiocy in calling it Google Authenticator and then selling your soul to the company to nearly freely advertise that. if you aren't being paid by google to specifically use it on your site, then don't. there are so many services out there that use 2FA and they call it their "google authentication" code, then you reach out to them and ask "is google sponsoring your site or something" and simply say no..

it's not unique in anyway and doesn't provide any more security than any other Authenticator that reads a token or QR code. Just call it 2-FA and let the user decide what application they want to use to read the token code (as there are many out there). obviously, you shouldn't trust EVERY provider but Microsoft Authenticator is just as good as Google.

but yes, have 2fa. can be as simple as sending a code to your email or even sms protect.

I get that it ain't more secure but at least it's just gonna slow down those that are not advanced enough to bypass this token. What would you be suggesting to increase the security?

You've mentioned  " sending a code to your email or even sms " which is where i was going with this idea overall.

The idea is just that the access is a little bit restraint to those that are anticipating to bypass the security system.

I believe adding two step authentication would be a welcome addition for any necessary change to account information, aside from conversing with support. 

However, I don't think they should go with the Google Authentication. 
If preferred, use a cell phone number tied to the account, and text. 
If texting costs too much for the end user, then go via a second email, or primary email, depending on what the user is requesting.

It's a high priority but,
why depend on Google for auth?

I had a physical Blizzard Authenticator.

It was a pain in the patootie, honestly.

Just don't be a dum dum and give out your password.