Sign in to follow this  
spher3

Censoring something will never work.

29 minutes ago, Poperon said:

I've got a warning from a mod due to my outburst reaction to one of the original overexaggerated kids on Lixil's stream, and i felt relieved to be honest.

The bold part of your text summarizes my feelings at that very moment. I truly felt anger for the ones attacking Lixil, because she wanted to do something nice, and some people tried to turn all that not into a COMPLAINT, but instead, they forcefully tried to DESTROY A CAREER or A LIFE with that circlejerking attitude.

They were not like "Hey, it's bad to play with a self proclaimed ex-cheater", but they were like "HEY, YOU'RE A TERRIBLE CM, YOU'RE LIKE TIGGS," and turn everything into a freak show.

Lixil clearly don't deserve it.

While many did take it too far there were also ones on the other spectrum to who were civil about it. Bad part is those were written off with a 'so what its my private stream' attitude and then banned from the stream. When you start getting ban happy no matter the setting people will see the similarities. Remember folks Tiggs started out fine as well. While the message will be lost, I do think the idea is to make sure that no one becomes like the previous owners.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

While many did take it too far there were also ones on the other spectrum to who were civil about it. Bad part is those were written off with a 'so what its my private stream' attitude and then banned from the stream. When you start getting ban happy no matter the setting people will see the similarities. Remember folks Tiggs started out fine as well. While the message will be lost, I do think the idea is to make sure that no one becomes like the previous owners.

Yeah, everyone thinks they can mod on twitch, most arent cut out for it.

28 minutes ago, Poperon said:

I've got a warning from a mod due to my outburst reaction to one of the original overexaggerated kids on Lixil's stream, and i felt relieved to be honest.

The bold part of your text summarizes my feelings at that very moment. I truly felt anger for the ones attacking Lixil, because she wanted to do something nice, and some people tried to turn all that not into a COMPLAINT, but instead, they forcefully tried to DESTROY A CAREER or A LIFE with that circlejerking attitude.

They were not like "Hey, it's bad to play with a self proclaimed ex-cheater", but they were like "HEY, YOU'RE A TERRIBLE CM, YOU'RE LIKE TIGGS," and turn everything into a freak show.

Lixil clearly don't deserve it.

That's one of the persistent problems between players that G1 never addressed, I'm not sure if it is because of a business policy or just the way they choose to handle it, but I never seen the staff actively moderating such behaviors and even myself had to report for weeks if not a month or so, with chat logs and video evidence, an issue like this that just stopped because these guys gave up. But the feeling was that the Support Customer team was so disconnected of the ingame staff (if there was any), that they just couldn't do anything to moderate these guys, I'm still guessing perhaps they temp-banned some of the reported players, which I couldn't ever know, but the harm done was already unnecessarily excessive given the time the issue lasted before it stopped.

Other thing I'd mention about this is that no one should be scared of authority, we as players could argue that excessive moderation is censorship, the game management could state that they don't want to enforce players too much to avoid stressing the community, but in the way the things are going on right now with LO, I think the authority of the ingame moderation staff will be respected.

Authoritarianism lacks of authority due to its violent nature, but for tense situations I always remember what once a wise man told me; "If you want someone to take out his coat, (pull him out of a defensive postition on an argue or negotiation) you don't make the storm stronger, because the rain will make him grab his coat with more strength and look for cover trying to avoid the rain, instead if you are kind and gentle, like the warm of the sun, people will take out their coats by their own, making things easier for everyone"    ...or something like that.

Hi all,

Lots of good discussion here.
Per the request of the OP, I'm going to lock the thread.

Thanks,
Matt