asdsa

Match making is broken again

Seems like we are back to only getting 1v1s even though the devs disabled these, I also seem to be getting unopposed missions again. How is this shit so unstable? Does little orbit actually even test their code before they just deploy shit like this to live servers.

The missions I do get that aren't 1v1 are just the most unbalanced shit ever like me(gold) and 3 silvers vs 3 max rank golds and a silver. Like how am I supposed to even win missions like this? 

Also why can't any team call for esclation why do you need both teams to agree? Its likely the team trying to call for esclation is losing and needs the help which obviously the winning team isn't going to let them get better teammates. So you just have to sit through a mission like this where you get destroyed non stop. 

Make the minimum team size for a mission 3 players. No one enjoys 1v1s or 2v2s the game is not designed well around these team sizes. I just had a mission where a guy had an objective out in the open with no cover in a 1v1. I just sat on a roof and he couldn't do anything to stop me because I can just abuse crouch spamming so he cant even hit me. I killed him 3 times in a row and he just disconnects. Thats how awful 1v1s are, It made a guy quit the game in front of me and it was boring as shit for me as the person winning.

• Like 1

Hello,

we are aware of Matchmaking issues and have made a bunch of temporary changes to help with the longer wait times that players have been experiencing since Wednesday. This includes disabling Escalation as well as re-enabling Unopposed and Lopsided missions. 1vs1 Missions are likely due to unopposed missions being re-enabled which allows players to use the /abandonmission command again. We are aware that this temporary solution has its issues but we deem it better than having to wait upwards to 10 to 30 minutes for a mission.

We are working on a fix to what is causing these extended wait times and will return to normal Matchmaking rules once the fix is deployed.

4 minutes ago, asdsa said:

Also why can't any team call for esclation why do you need both teams to agree? Its likely the team trying to call for esclation is losing and needs the help which obviously the winning team isn't going to let them get better teammates. So you just have to sit through a mission like this where you get destroyed non stop. 

The team has made this decision for the following reasons:

• Escalation is only an option if both teams are within roughly the same average MMR which means that the mission itself should be balanced in terms of player quality on both teams meaning that neither team should need backup.
  • Expanding mission size heavily favors defenders as they can cycle through respawns and almost always have a player alive to cover the attacking teams objective.

@MageLO Thanks for the quick reply. Why aren't these changes communicated anywhere? Making significant changes like these should be made very clear in an post on the APB Launcher so its clear that this issue is not code regression and is actually intended even if it is just a temporary change.

Also I have to disagree with the escalation claims you mentioned, this doesn't take in account the fact that opposition can sometimes be comprised entirely of a premade. Which unbalances the game heavily when they are playing against a random team. When the new matchmaking system was in place, I had to play against a 4 man premade 5 times in a row. They had 3 golds and one silver. My team was almost always comprised of silvers with one other gold. These 3/4 stack premades should be put against a full gold team so its atleast balanced in some way or random teams should be allowed to call for escalation at all times when playing against a premade. Voice comms in team based games give such a significant advantage over random teams.

• Like 1

What about our tradeban? Unbanning us and then locking us up in tradelocks?

3 hours ago, KittyLover said:

Why derail thread to talk about cheaters getting unbanned...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

snip

thanks gm

Edited by iRawwwN

7 hours ago, asdsa said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Why aren't these changes communicated anywhere? Making significant changes like these should be made very clear in an post on the APB Launcher so its clear that this issue is not code regression and is actually intended even if it is just a temporary change.

We usually announce issues such as this on our Discord.

6 hours ago, KittyLover said:

We are aware that many of the accounts unbanned on Wednesday have a permanent trade-lock on them. For the time being I suggest you submit a Ticket to our Customer Support team while we are investigating the issue.

10 hours ago, MageLO said:

We are aware that many of the accounts unbanned on Wednesday have a permanent trade-lock on them. For the time being I suggest you submit a Ticket to our Customer Support team while we are investigating the issue.

There is a Game Updates subforum. Use this forum instead of Discord. Little Orbit shouldn't require people to create an account and join a 3rd party platform, just to get notifications of game changes.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, MageLO said:

Will the option to leave the mission be added? If not, why not?

Should Always be an option to leave the mission, why spend 20 min knowing you're gonna lose.

It's gotta be harder on the server to always be rebooting players.

That is what the game has become, n has been for years. If its Golds on the opp.

You either RQ or you stick around for the low to no pay or tickets. Tickets are the only 

thing they have to get me to finish a mission. 

You have to factor in the car spawn fee's and the ammo. As it is the pay is barely 

breaking even. 

Putting an Exit/Abandon option available at all times would ease the server stress, 

the monetary drain on legit players.

As it is We are Forced to play all golds with perfect instant aim.

Ofcourse non of these problems would exist if LO didn't desegregate and let 

moslty hackers into bronze district to farm us. 

Just seems they want to help boost the ego of the sociopaths.

Parents don't teach kids basic things, they think being rude, being bullys, 

trolling legits out of music or a place to park, ya see em in the news everyday.

They think these are good traits so they hax and be rude to the paying legits.

Which You have very few. 

I think the more i write the more i'm getting angry, so I will go now

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 4:23 AM, MageLO said:

Hi MageLO, I submitted many days ago and has not even receive 1 reply from my 3accounts I have submitted reported  is LO gonna waste my effort? I spent thousands of hours grinding for apb and due to this second chances I am tradelocked again? Is it fair that if they didn't release the second chance I would be perfectly fine?

21 minutes ago, KittyLover said:

Hi MageLO, I submitted many days ago and has not even receive 1 reply from my 3accounts I have submitted reported  is LO gonna waste my effort? I spent thousands of hours grinding for apb and due to this second chances I am tradelocked again? Is it fair that if they didn't release the second chance I would be perfectly fine?

Response times from support are measured in weeks not days. You aren’t being ignored you are simply in line. 

On 6/22/2024 at 3:19 AM, Yapopal said:

Will the option to leave the mission be added? If not, why not?

Will never be a thing, because such a feature would primarily impact (negatively) the segment of the playerbase that LO primarily panders to. Those of us who such a feature would benefit are expected to just suffer without recourse so that that segment gets to have a fun time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Will never be a thing, because such a feature would primarily impact (negatively) the segment of the playerbase that LO primarily panders to. Those of us who such a feature would benefit are expected to just suffer without recourse so that that segment gets to have a fun time.

If you leave missions you know you'll lose, it will negatively affect matchmaking for yourself in the long run. The missions you choose to play will have a higher probability of winning. More wins generally means threat goes up, due to the score bonus. Then you'll complain about unbalanced matchmaking.

On 6/21/2024 at 9:23 PM, MageLO said:

Serious question why does a game company release important information like this through Discord? I honestly didn't even know there was a discord and the mass majority of your playerbase probably won't especially casual players that are just joining. Returning players also will have no idea that the new match making system has been turned off. Make these changes communicated in the forums or by a steam post especially when they are extremely destructive like adding back in 1v1 missions and removing a new feature.

Edited by asdsa
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, asdsa said:

Serious question why does a game company release important information like this through Discord?

I think its because more people use Discord than other stuff. I do agree however that announcements should be made everywhere (Here, Twitter, Discord).

On 6/23/2024 at 4:30 PM, Hexerin said:

You can already leave missions by just quitting and relaunching game, When they finally add cross district match making it will mean that you can just quit the game and not worry about spamming join to a full district. Will be honestly good when that happens because even when the new match maker was in place I was still getting really bad matching like bronze teammates against a full max rank gold stack. It was the biggest waste of time ever. I just felt bad for the bronze players on my team they had like 20 deaths or something, I can imagine they will never play the game again. In the future if I end up with shit balance like that I will just leave and rejoin district instead.