Sign in to follow this  
Pista

Fix the broken matchmaking already

Little Orbit you can't balanced matchmaking by player count only. You have to factor in threat level and rank.  High rank players have access to weapons and mods lower rank players don't have access to.   Do you honestly think it's fun for group with 2silvers 1 trainee to face 3 gold premade group. 

I think mission timer should be dynamic. Team with lower threat/rank should get extra time. If threat level not balanced, side with lower threat should get an extra player, like how matchmaking worked under Gamersfirst.  Matchmaking should filter premades to face other premades over solo players.

5 hours ago, Pista said:

Do you honestly think it's fun for group with 2silvers 1 trainee to face 3 gold premade group.

no, it's not, but it's been that way since it started. apb has always been more fun with a group over voip, you just need friends so you can laugh AT the game while you play.

9 hours ago, Pista said:

Little Orbit you can't balanced matchmaking by player count only. You have to factor in threat level and rank.  High rank players have access to weapons and mods lower rank players don't have access to.   Do you honestly think it's fun for group with 2silvers 1 trainee to face 3 gold premade group. 

I think mission timer should be dynamic. Team with lower threat/rank should get extra time.

i'd rather not farm silvers for an hour as they terminator lock on the objective

• Like 1

Long time ago when pratically everybody make a crim character or the disparity was so one-sided, if you were a crim it was quite common fight against one just a pair of mission ago it was your ally and of your same faction (at the end if one take attention to the lore, enforcers are just  supported thiefs from a major with finally an excuse to steal their loot )

At least let available this funcion again for trainee and low rank characters (anythig less than rank 195), let them more possible of possible fight against themself despite faction whatever  , , ,  it shall be not too difficult I guess.

I told them thousands of times. Resegregate the Golds from other players.

But No, They can't even make a car right, n they gonna rewrite MM.

So currently we have teams with 2 or 3 " premade' or Grouped Golds with one ungrouped

Non-Gold, and the opp is 2 silvers and two T's. So the Higher threat has to carry the mission.

This is not good for Golds or Low threats. 

All I hear is WTB decent opp, So Golds don't like low threats on their team.

Lower threats don't like Golds unless they are on their team.

For the non-gold this sort of mm makes Up-threating difficult, the gold will almost 

always out perform everyone else just by kill points, keeping the lower threat from inching up to Gold.

The New Player/Lower threat won't have friends n Buddies to communicate with via discord.

It's always gonna be easier to use voice over stopping and typing in T chat. 

You Never see missions now without any golds, Gold should be kept in a Gold only district.

This shouldn't be hard beings 90% are Golds playing, ya can't go anywhere without seeing one. 

If LO insists on letting golds farm lower rank and threats, then make threat only based on objective

performance, ie who completes offensive objectives most and who defends most.

As it stands there is no reason outside of progression/standing xp for a low rank or low threat to perform.

22 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

no, it's not, but it's been that way since it started. apb has always been more fun with a group over voip, you just need friends so you can laugh AT the game while you play.

It hasn't been like that from the start.   Before Little Orbit screwed it up, if it was 3 golds on one side and 3 silvers on other side, it would give silver team extra player.  The matchmaking now doesn't seem to factor in threat level, it just goes by player count.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pista said:

It hasn't been like that from the start.   Before Little Orbit screwed it up, if it was 3 golds on one side and 3 silvers on other side, it would give silver team extra player.  The matchmaking now doesn't seem to factor in threat level, it just goes by player count.

bud, ive been playing apb TOO LONG, don't tell me what it was/wasn't like. I can remember MANY MANY MANY matches where I am unfairly against a stack with shit players on my team. It doesn't really matter the ranks of the players anyway, but going vs 30k hr stacks is gonna be unfun for anyone.

The population is too low anyway for ANY decent matchmaking.

p.s. reply to what i have said, not the words you think i have said.

Edited by iRawwwN

Rank has no bearing on skill level and should never be used for matachmaking/skill rating. It is also easily abusable.

If you want to be pedantic about it, rank is already indirectly factored in the matchmaking/skill rating. Regardless of one's opinion on how much having access to more equipment and weapons affects things, just having access to those would be mean they win more missions and do better, therefore increasing their skill rating higher anyway.

• Like 1