ShadowXS

Marketplace TAX - Let's Talk

Marketplace Tax  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should the 20% Marketplace TAX be removed?

• Remove the 20% Tax from the Marketplace
    • Keep the 20% Tax on the Marketplace
    • I don't care about the Marketplace Tax (Period)
    • I don't care about the Marketplace Tax (BUT if i ever intend to sell an item such as a legendary weapon, I'd use a tax-free trading system over a marketplace that takes 20% tax on the Final Sale Price of my item)

People talking money sink is thinking about the endgame players with more money than they know what to do with, what about the newer player who grinded for their money without premium, and wants a custom made Vegas w kits or something? For a one slot they'd have to pay at least 25k over stock price just for the seller to make 4k for their effort, even more if the person asking wanted it displayed to approve of the design, that's 8k just to show someone a car for 10 seconds

Maybe have differing prices depending on the item, since themes and symbols cost nothing to dupe or refurbish? 

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

Yeah. Cars are one of the worst selling item on marketplace - nobody who earns money from marketplace even consider them. Good way to earn money although are themes, symbols and clothing. They don't cost anything (in case of clothing almost anything) and can be very easily manipulated a lot of variants. With cars creating something unique is tricky as you are pretty much limited to shape of car provided + kits.

Exactly, look cars are my thing, my first week playing I just purchased premium to design a car and the next day I bought my first set of body kits, and I always managed my business with a policy of exclusivity so  I can tell you it is not as profitable as someone could think because 80% of the players I've made business with cars were finding hard to understand why the "overpricing" which was basically because of a +25% of the car cost added to whatever I was pricing my work at.

Let's say I create a car design that I want to sell for $50k, a tier 1 car (Bishada, Vegas, Mikro, etc) with 2 slots would have to be sold for $300k ($200k cost + $50k taxes) while a 3 slots car would hit something around $550k ($400k car + $100k taxes) and a 4 slots would be $1.350.000 ($1m car + $250k taxes) leaving so few margin for profits.

Now let's take into consideration that for a 3 or a 4 slots car the initial investment is extremely high and not only in terms of the ingame currency but also considering you are kinda 'investing' some real money to unlock the body kits in order to provide a service for other player when creating ingame content for them to pay with ingame currencies for enhancements that are acquired exclusively with real money. All this makes me refrain from investing in high tier cars with too many slots since the price I should charge on these due the implied difficulties to get them is far away from what anyone would like to pay and these players who can afford these are the ones that already played long enough to unlock these cars themselves so usually these rather buy the body kits than getting the car from someone else.

Of course the offer and demand are determinant factors on the final price, but having the same taxes over objects that are so hard to acquire in terms of ingame currency costs and real money investments needed, it feels at least unfair, and it is in fact killing one of the most essential creative activities of the game which is designing cars for everyone to enjoy.

Icing the cake, if you ever manage to buy a car display in Social, which are auctioned from 50k-75k and you may pay above +100k most of the times, if you are planning to display a 3 or 4 slots car you made, the refurbishment to be able to sell it later is the 10% of its cost. Is just crazy, they should remove the need of equiping a car to display it, or at least make it auto-refurbish when you retrieve it, but I'm not sure about this, it seems very difficult to find a possible solution without breaking other aspects of the game economy tbh.

EDIT:

Right after I posted I saw this reply:

38 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

This merely states the changes they wish to make to prevent scams...

There's nothing here stated on tax.

Yes, taxes suck, and yes, Taxes are necessary.

Keep it how it is. If you want to trade, use the implemented trading system.

Imo, APB needs more money sinks, because Statues in any District aren't really that well used.

And just figured that if this trade system allows to exchange any sort of items, then the car economy aspects I was pointing out will be broken since this would allow us to bypass marketplace taxes, right? If so, we'll have to see what the outcome of this is, otherwise I can just imagine they'd keep taxing also on PvP trades?

Edited by Salvick

Taxes are 21% in Spain.
Case KO (Character lifetime) 41.36 EUR
Case KO (Account lifetime) 51.70 EUR
Kinda stupid knowing that this is just a reskin, as many other guns in armas.

Nevemind I just realized its about the in-game marketplace.

Edited by TheKeanuReeves

19 hours ago, Archon said:

People talking money sink is thinking about the endgame players with more money than they know what to do with, what about the newer player who grinded for their money without premium, and wants a custom made Vegas w kits or something? For a one slot they'd have to pay at least 25k over stock price just for the seller to make 4k for their effort, even more if the person asking wanted it displayed to approve of the design, that's 8k just to show someone a car for 10 seconds

Maybe have differing prices depending on the item, since themes and symbols cost nothing to dupe or refurbish? 

First of all... why would new player have everything from start?

I grinded my way to "endgame" in pains.

That's what game is about to. You want item, you grind and grind until you can afford it... what's so hard in understanding that? We all work on this rules and endgame players don't have money from nowhere either.

Also money sink is needed on everything but as I said the most punished market by market tax is car one. Legendaries and all man-made or low price things don't suffer from it.

P.S. You can view car if it's on sale in Marketplace... 

Edited by Mitne

APBs economy needs mega adjusting and not in this direction.

My main account is less than 2 years old, and I already have zero need for money.

More money sinks plz, not fewer.

4 hours ago, Mitne said:

First of all... why would new player have everything from start?

O.o What? I'm literally saying the opposite, they don't have anything, they don't have money to spend

I feel like you entirely missed my point; 20% tax hurts sales of items such as cars to the point it is futile, while things like symbols and themes that the endgame peeps who have loads of cash buy

A better method to tax should be based on the item. For example, if someone buys a theme, the tax is taken out of the sale price. The market should take 20% for anything that can be created without the need of purchasing a product to edit. This would include themes, songs, symbols, and maybe legendaries (Because legendaries by default can't be edited...)

The tax should be lowered for a reasonable amount the car was sold for. I think having a 10% tax on vehicles, clothes, modifications, and equipment (Yeah there are some people who've never heard of these in the game... at least those I've spoken with).

Refurbishment is a pain in the rear. I think that unless the vehicle/clothing/etc. has been worn outside of the Social District, there should be no charge for anything to be refurbished.

However, helpful hint for the time being while this is being discussed. In the marketplace UI, if you select an item, and click the magnifying glass on the top right of the screen, you'll get a preview of the item.

I understand some of the issues that the game brings with it, and some people claiming that the tax hurts players with no premium, and new players who've just started. I'm not going to say that the market shouldn't cater to you, but everyone has grown up with this market, and dealt with the money sink. APB$ has not significantly inflated. Imagine how much legendaries would cost if that were to happen. I see billions of APB$ just hurting the economy.

The biggest components that help keep the value of our enshrined currency from sinking, are your ammunition purchases, weapon lease purchases, vehicle spawn purchases, and marketplace taxes. (Not in any specific order) There have been people who've complained about vehicles costing money to spawn, some people have complained about the need to purchase ammo, and some have complained about the cost of leasing weapons. What these people don't understand, is similar to people that don't understand the effect taxes have on society. Your government runs because of taxes. Your street you live on is maintained because of taxes. Your local police are paid by taxes.

Imagine having to get your and your neighbors to put out any fires near your house with garden hoses and buckets without your fire department.

11 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

A better method to tax should be based on the item. For example, if someone buys a theme, the tax is taken out of the sale price. The market should take 20% for anything that can be created without the need of purchasing a product to edit. This would include themes, songs, symbols, and maybe legendaries (Because legendaries by default can't be edited...)

You know 20% tax is already taken from sale price already? Right?

11 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

The biggest components that help keep the value of our enshrined currency from sinking, are your ammunition purchases, weapon lease purchases, vehicle spawn purchases, and marketplace taxes. (Not in any specific order) There have been people who've complained about vehicles costing money to spawn, some people have complained about the need to purchase ammo, and some have complained about the cost of leasing weapons. What these people don't understand, is similar to people that don't understand the effect taxes have on society. Your government runs because of taxes. Your street you live on is maintained because of taxes. Your local police are paid by taxes.

But in that case it's only money sink... nobody needs that virtual money and especially not LO (I mean... they can spawn billions themselves and mess up economy of APB if they want). You took out strange example...

17 hours ago, Archon said:

O.o What? I'm literally saying the opposite, they don't have anything, they don't have money to spend

I feel like you entirely missed my point; 20% tax hurts sales of items such as cars to the point it is futile, while things like symbols and themes that the endgame peeps who have loads of cash buy

I didn't. I mean if he wants that vegas with kit... It won't hurt to get 125% of car price. I mean he already got 100%, it just matter of time.

4 hours ago, Mitne said:

I didn't. I mean if he wants that vegas with kit... It won't hurt to get 125% of car price. I mean he already got 100%, it just matter of time.

ae7.gif

15 hours ago, Mitne said:

You know 20% tax is already taken from sale price already? Right?

Yes, I knew that, I've known that for a long time...?

15 hours ago, Mitne said:

But in that case it's only money sink... nobody needs that virtual money and especially not LO (I mean... they can spawn billions themselves and mess up economy of APB if they want). You took out strange example...

Yes, it is only a money sink. The virtual money isn't there for LO, or anyone else. I gave an example of the necessity of Taxes, using a real life example.

How about this:

The United States Federal Reserve sets interest rates, and the government has the dollar's value backed by the 'faith' in the government.

Really, just don't print more money... that's how you experience hyper inflation.

You can find more about that here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation

If APB were to have little or no money sinks, the currency would inflate, and eventually get to a point where it would hyper inflate. The money sinks, like the marketplace tax (which happens to be the biggest and most influential) prevent this, by ascertaining value to the virtual currency we use.

How would you like to pay 125% of a car in real life?

I don't think you would. Now imagine few competitive companies making muscle cars (or other like the Vegas), and only a handful of dealerships across the country. Just think how much they could inflate the prices.

I'd rather not pay more. My family's brand new car back in 2016 was the 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5 Premium. A car valued at $25,000 MSRP. Our dealer wanted $27,500. That's only 8% more than the original cost.

So, 110% for a car? No biggie.

P.S. We paid $25,800 for it

Learning me about hyperinflation when it was my main concern regarding removal of tax...