Sign in to follow this  
hapygirl

what all did apb do better than gta online?

2 hours ago, Ketog said:

If you want to see what good movement really is, i'd say look at what s4 league and gunz did

Short answer, No they are totally different games, mechanics and ambientation  everything except being both third person games.. you can't compare them with Apb, and APB can't be compared with them at all, that's why there was and there is no reason APB should has similar movement

• Gunz is neither about aiming which a FPS shall be, no better saying you arent AiminG at all XD , it's just about movement and reacting properly at the best time... surely badass and Unique third person game if we dont count glitches andhacks everywhere sigh  Ganz was pratically a game where your character seems more something come out from an action anime with swords and guns than a more casual realistc fps game.
  • S4league..well it was the sort of "younger brother of gunz" and more and less I think the same I wrote above.... as you described, a really good game with movement firstly... skill demanding but huge fun rewarding.. simply a epic game if we dont count the flaws, but it's still fantasy/ futuristic ambientation, so your comparing is totally out of the chart from the beginning @Ketog

Edited by PingOVER9000
EDIT: Anyway both them were really good , thank you for reminding the good time spent with these 2 games

2 hours ago, Ketog said:

no stopping on ladders

needing to press buttons to interact with ladders or fences is terrible
drifting and going out of your car even though it's pushing you for multiple meters doesn't kill you and you just slide around

no leaning if you're not aiming

I'm pretty sure not being able to stop on ladders is intentional. If you start climbing a ladder you gotta commit to it. Being able to stop would be useless because you couldn't shoot while on a ladder. On a ladder you're a sitting duck either way. As it should be.

I absolutely love the fact that you need to press a button to climb ladders. I don't even want to think about how many times I died in GTA because at the top my character refused to get on the ladder so I walked off the edge and fell. Or because at the bottom I got too close and a ladder sucked me in while I was trying to run away from enemies.

Your car can't kill you when you get out while drifting because it can't just take away a bit of your health. It would need a set speed where it kills you and does no damage under. There's no way to tell how fast you're going in APB since there's no speedo or anything. It would be infuriating if you jumped out at 1 MPH above that speed you had no way of knowing and the car killed you.

It's a TPS game. You can already see way more than you should be able to while behind cover. There's no need to lean while not aiming.

On 10/18/2023 at 4:44 AM, Frosi said:

Camera anchor swapping outside of cover

Gunplay better suited for PvP

Movement (APB probably has the best movement out of all TPS games even now)

Probably movement? At least regarding... non-glitched animations

but honestly, gears had great movement for a TPS

On 10/23/2023 at 9:27 AM, Ketog said:

i agree for everything except movement

APB probably has one of the worst movement of PVP games imo,

no stopping on ladders

needing to press buttons to interact with ladders or fences is terrible

a lot of hitboxes are not the same size as their visuals meaning parkouring is an absolute pain.
walking (not sprinting) with fragile or kelvar desyncs you from the servers
drifting and going out of your car even though it's pushing you for multiple meters doesn't kill you and you just slide around
no things you expect to see in modern games like grabbing a ledge

no leaning if you're not aiming

leaning out of the rear windows of a van obstructs your vision

pressing shift while aiming will kick you out of the aiming position

tbf, i feel like this didnt really ruin the movement. its kind of like it made its own kind 

like cars being driving APC's and the most terrifying thing not being a drive by or some guy on a motorcycle with sticky bombs, but a dump truck going like 20mps

while youre kind of right that the pvp is weird, i cant bring myself to call it bad, (excluding the server, engine and hitbox issues, that sucks)

i love that i can just cancel going up a ladder and fall down really easily, i feel like in anyother game they'd force you to go allll the way down slowly just to shoot or do whatever

and im alright with the interaction key for ladders and fences stuff, its not as bad as it could be really. atleast we CAN go over fences and it doesnt look like an animation disaster

Edited by hapygirl

It's not fair to compare APBR to GTA they are not remotely alike.

However cheating sure it has problems here but at least your not getting cars and trucks dropped on you from the sky.

Cheaters in GTA are worse and rampant.