Sign in to follow this  
Yapopal

Lack of logic.

1. Blocking the possibility of exiting the mission after the appearance of enemies. It would be more logical to block the exit from the mission before the enemy appears, this will allow the opponent selection system to work better
2. Disabling district threats. Instead of transferring accounts or offering compensation, the developers disabled the threats of districts. I don't understand how this was supposed to help! Where's the fucking logic here? At the time of disabling the danger of the districts, 800 people were playing on the European server, after this decision, the population began to fall sharply. The developers helped 50 veterans in America and lost 400 regular players in Europe. And you keep losing. This is not logical!
3. We listened to the complaints of the players about the "cheaters", spent six months implementing the anti-cheat. "Cheaters" also run around with BROKEN guns. Anti-cheat prevents the game from working normally by causing friezes. Great job, well done!

4. Anti-cheat bans artists. Developer actions - ...well, let him ban them, they also used a cheater's drawing skill. -_-
I do not know, maybe you have a super cool plan for the development of the game... But judging by the complete lack of logic in your decisions, you will have wasted a million American presidents.

Developers, I sincerely hate you. For your deafness, narrow-mindedness, and most importantly the lack of logic in your decisions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yapopal said:

Developers, I sincerely hate you. For your deafness, narrow-mindedness, and most importantly the lack of logic in your decisions

Is all Matt nobody else have the word and theres no sign from this guy for months now..

1. This will make it even easier for the toxic players to farm lower threat players. They will abandon the mission when they get tougher gold opposition. This contradicts your threat segregation suggestion.

2. Player population was steadily dropping since 2012 or so. Currently there's 1 action district filled. There's not enough players to split between threat levels.

3. People have been complaining about cheaters since online gaming existed. I understand its frustrating, but this is an industry wide problem. It doesn't help that we have max rank Bronze players flooding every cheat discussion thread with their conspiracy theories. "Broken" guns isn't a cheater problem. It's a weapon balance problem. It's unrelated. EAC does not seem to affect performance, at least not enough for me to measure.

4. Those ban threads seemed suspicious. They had multiple people claiming to have been falsely banned, who have never posted on the forums prior. I couldn't find much info on some of the artists who were banned. The one I could find info on was banned on another APB account in 2014. Seems weird that they would get false banned two times.

5 hours ago, Yapopal said:

1. Blocking the possibility of exiting the mission after the appearance of enemies. It would be more logical to block the exit from the mission before the enemy appears, this will allow the opponent selection system to work better
2. Disabling district threats. Instead of transferring accounts or offering compensation, the developers disabled the threats of districts. I don't understand how this was supposed to help! Where's the fucking logic here? At the time of disabling the danger of the districts, 800 people were playing on the European server, after this decision, the population began to fall sharply. The developers helped 50 veterans in America and lost 400 regular players in Europe. And you keep losing. This is not logical!
3. We listened to the complaints of the players about the "cheaters", spent six months implementing the anti-cheat. "Cheaters" also run around with BROKEN guns. Anti-cheat prevents the game from working normally by causing friezes. Great job, well done!

4. Anti-cheat bans artists. Developer actions - ...well, let him ban them, they also used a cheater's drawing skill. -_-
I do not know, maybe you have a super cool plan for the development of the game... But judging by the complete lack of logic in your decisions, you will have wasted a million American presidents.

Developers, I sincerely hate you. For your deafness, narrow-mindedness, and most importantly the lack of logic in your decisions.

what you are saying makes complete sense. But a lot of the "good" players would like you to stay quiet about this...

1. players want to avoid teaming with new players and stomp them instead. So they use the /abandonmission to do this. New players all end up being bunched together because they dont know about this feater, get stomped, uninstall and play COD instead. This was highlighted to Matt as soon as the changes were made. Nothing happened.  You will no doubtably get kickback from players for suggesting it.

2. Completely agree with you about the district threats. District threat worked, If the gold districts were not working, why was there no study into why they were not working ? Bronze were full all the time. Bronze worked. They just took down the districts as offered no safeguards to stop the stoming of new players.

3. Cheating is bad.  If you want to catch the low hanging fruit cheaters, you just have to look at Obir players. A gun that was hardly used over the past 10 years, is now the cheaters go to with new cheats that are out there. The Obir and hand gun obviously dont flag on EAC. So plenty of them around. But they cannot ban cheaters unless they flag..... . Yet in professional sports, you can ban a player for cheating by just looking at him and observing....

4. I dont know anything about this. But i agree mostly with what you are saying as it makes complete sense. Now watch other players try to tear your ideas down. 

the issue with threat system is you get people who purposly lose and tk untell there silver or bronze. which in turn makes people not want to play with them or play the game. but you take that away those same people now have free rein to go around killing lower ranking players and new people. so it's a cycle of getting rid of one thing and adding it right back in with the threat system. if they revamped it to reward you for being a higher rank that could slove it, but with this community they would more then likey cry about it till the cows grow wings and fly over the moon

17 hours ago, Yapopal said:

Yea players being in charge of who they play against sounds great, its not like half the ppl you play against as a good player are just gonna instantly dip out of the mission.

At the time of disabling threat segregation EU hovered around 300-400 players during peak times and the average amount of players has gone up because players were able to play the game late at night, something previously only available to players that were able to join bronze districts.

EAC has not made any negative impact on performance for me and any other player I talk to whatsoever, if anything the performance seems better compared to BE.

Maybe those players shouldn't use a program that lights up as a virus on 40+ different Anti-virus scans on virus total, just a thought. Plenty of other options than using some self-made tool that seems to be a lot more than just an overlay judging by the scans.

Its pretty clear you have little idea of what you're talking about let alone game development and try to make excuses for what seems like a gross lack of knowledge / understanding of the game. People would be willing to enlighten you if you were to ask nicely but not if you make posts like these.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hidding threat will be the 1 stone several birds thing.The amount of players leaving missions will decrease,the toxicity will decrease.Only blue and red rank must be visible.LO must disable all threat messages in the game.Not only will change the ambience but will kinda improve the matching as well.Still people will be known by their names and theres gonna be "noobs" and "pros" but is still a change..

p.s. btw is my birthday(35)thx in advance :classic_biggrin:

On 7/28/2023 at 12:33 PM, Frosi said:

Yea players being in charge of who they play against sounds great, its not like half the ppl you play against as a good player are just gonna instantly dip out of the mission.

At the time of disabling threat segregation EU hovered around 300-400 players during peak times and the average amount of players has gone up because players were able to play the game late at night, something previously only available to players that were able to join bronze districts.

EAC has not made any negative impact on performance for me and any other player I talk to whatsoever, if anything the performance seems better compared to BE.

Maybe those players shouldn't use a program that lights up as a virus on 40+ different Anti-virus scans on virus total, just a thought. Plenty of other options than using some self-made tool that seems to be a lot more than just an overlay judging by the scans.

Its pretty clear you have little idea of what you're talking about let alone game development and try to make excuses for what seems like a gross lack of knowledge / understanding of the game. People would be willing to enlighten you if you were to ask nicely but not if you make posts like these.

Anti-cheat slowed down the performance of the game. When entering account data, characters appear with a delay. After entering the password, you need to pause and then press Enter.
After the appearance of anti-cheat, freezing of frames before a shot and performing actions became more frequent.

I read your messages you are well acquainted with the game, it is noticeable. You understand that there are few cheaters in the game. Explain this to newbies who are thrown on missions with veterans. They won't believe you.
This post is toxic, it conveys my shitty mood. I really don't like to see what happens in the game. All actions are aimed at retaining the old population. But the consequences of these actions have an extremely negative impact on new players.

Merged.

On 7/28/2023 at 12:51 PM, AlienTM said:

Hidding threat will be the 1 stone several birds thing.The amount of players leaving missions will decrease,the toxicity will decrease.Only blue and red rank must be visible.LO must disable all threat messages in the game.Not only will change the ambience but will kinda improve the matching as well.Still people will be known by their names and theres gonna be "noobs" and "pros" but is still a change..

p.s. btw is my birthday(35)thx in advance :classic_biggrin:

Hidden threats will deprive players of information about the opponent. This information will become available after the first encounter. Hiding the threat will simply increase the time it takes to provide this information. The number of boring missions will not change from this.

Happy birthday!

Edited by Yapopal

2 hours ago, Yapopal said:

When entering account data, characters appear with a delay

That sounds like you don't have steam open and that's causing the login screen to stutter as its running checks to see whether steam is running or not. This has always been a thing but 64Bit seemingly made the stutters worse but is it really an issue that needs immediate fixing?

2 hours ago, Yapopal said:

After entering the password, you need to pause and then press Enter.

Don't have that whatsoever.

As for your other points, yes, the game is not new player friendly right now and LO is very aware of that but they also know that nothing is gonna change that until they revamp the FTUE (First time user experience) which they have plans for in the future, for now its about keeping the game playable for those that want to play it and threat segregation will not exist under the new matchmaking system anyways which is in active development and should hopefully also allow for stricter matchmaking for those players of low mmr so they don't get matched against veterans with thousands of hours.

Edited by Frosi