bRnTnD

Expectation for this game

9 hours ago, Ebola-Chan said:

You might be right about that, im not 100% since i didnt really play apb since LO took over, but im pretty sure you can buy permanently weapons with JT now? If so then what i said is pretty valid.

yes it might take you ALOT of time to get these weapons, but it is still possible and you dont have to pit a cent into the game, especially now that everyone has premium.

That is true too, that JT does alleviate the issues. But JT are not the easiest to acquire. Especially in NA where no one goes to fight club, and you're forced to play where ever everyone is at. In my head the game is def heavy on Pay 2 Progress which might as well be P2W for this game specifically. As a lot of powerful upgrades are hiding behind much higher levels, levels players wont see if their gun is constantly being outplayed. (granted again, I know that stock weapons can beat modded ones if the player knows what he's doing. But the average new player wont be able too, and will see these gun mods and "realize" that they are being outgunned.)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ebola-Chan said:

This is the least of the problems for new coming players, this game is way outdated in alot of aspects the biggest ticket which was customization is not that special anymore, and graphically its really outdated (which is a big deal for a lot of people).

LO is doing some good work now, but its way too late. They preferred working on a flop NFT game and abandon apb for another crucial year, and the train only gets farther and farther.   

progression is a huge part of retaining players - proper progression can legitimately make up for gameplay flaws if it’s addicting exciting enough, but apb doesn’t have that

10 hours ago, glaciers said:

i think the point is that it still takes a lot of time, if you tell a new player that these days it will "only" take them 6 months to unlock a fully modded weapon they aren't going to debate the finer points of p2w definitions, they'll just say that's stupid and go play something with more accessible content

Agree 100%, people want a game that respects their time for playing.

When I tried playing Warframe and they wanted real money for full access to the default colour palette I uninstalled it and that's just cosmetics.

I made a 2nd crim to level with a friend (+document the levelling experience) and I have probably over 250 hrs on her, but only JUST reached R195 and allowed to use certain things. And for what? A muzzle break? Why is that R195? The only gun that really benefits is the SHAW and no one really uses it with or without the MB, it's a joke.

I can't even imagine how hopeless some newer players feel about it.

On 6/6/2023 at 5:39 PM, bRnTnD said:

Hello everybody,

I would like to know the intention of the development team and community how much this game pleases a lot of people and also how much it has been standing in the same place since forever.

Updates for this will still have or will we always stay the same?

The problem today is that the maximum is 150 players adding all the districts in the game.

I don't see anything that will add for new players to come in and have fun with the game.

The game is literally pay to win where you need to spend on premiums and weapons to be able to clash with those who have been playing for some time...

The progression of the game is plastered. New players get stuck in levels as they need to change districts in order to continue their progress.

In-game money is very scarce where you need thousands of missions to acquire in-game items. In this way it interferes with the internal trade of the game itself.

In view of this, it is clear that new players are discouraged by the facts mentioned above and go in search of new games.

Most of the players on the servers today are aware of the time they are there.

This game is only active old guard.

Note: They could have a discord server for the entire community to interact... Because the forum method seems like we are in the stone age....

The game should be closed, even though games nowadays suck, APB is still worse than them.

On 6/12/2023 at 8:07 PM, Jilleroo said:

Agree 100%, people want a game that respects their time for playing.

When I tried playing Warframe and they wanted real money for full access to the default colour palette I uninstalled it and that's just cosmetics.

I made a 2nd crim to level with a friend (+document the levelling experience) and I have probably over 250 hrs on her, but only JUST reached R195 and allowed to use certain things. And for what? A muzzle break? Why is that R195? The only gun that really benefits is the SHAW and no one really uses it with or without the MB, it's a joke.

I can't even imagine how hopeless some newer players feel about it.

see? the r195 mods are pretty much worthless so it's no biggie

just kidding ofc

the rank requirements dont make tooooo much sense but back in the days they just made me way more excited to reach those ranks. might be frustrating to some though.

and well, there are jts to alleviate that a bit which also got easier to earn over the years

still room for discussion ig

but tbf just 250h? that's pretty quick

Merged.

11 hours ago, Rolhen said:

The game should be closed, even though games nowadays suck, APB is still worse than them.

nah

but i am surprised how it's staying alive

i'm glad though

despite not actively playing (anything) anymore

oh there's no post merging anymore whoops sorry

Edited by Azukii
It's okay, no worries :)

1 hour ago, neophobia said:

but tbf just 250h? that's pretty quick

Depends on your definition of quick, no?

2-3 months of playing with about ~30 hours per week for a weapon mod in a game that sucks arsehole, but doesn't let your progress somedays cause all your contacts are Financial but it's been a 4-day streak of Waterfront so you earn zero "xp". Not sure 'quick' is the adjective I'd use, but sure.

Personally, I was thinking more along the lines of antiquated, dysfunctional, and pointless.

On 6/7/2023 at 12:38 AM, Gateron said:

Game Pay to win? Far from being P2W when F2P guns mostly dominate the meta lol. For new players the struggle would be getting outgunned in range by Improved rifling and being able to tap faster with HS3. But mostly its just veteran players trying their hardest by grouping up with their 3 other veteran buddies playing this competitively against silvers and bronzes killing the game. People aren't able to get better in a linear way and quit the game.

Make a new rank that is above gold and force these people into separate district. I don't how else you would want new players to have fun. 

Or fix threat distribution by making doing an objective not hand out 250 points and use less threat levels so matchmaking has an easier time finding ideal match ups.