Sign in to follow this  
MrLek

Matchmaking idea.

Instead of separating districts by their respective medals (bronze, silver and gold) as it was before, there should be some mechanism keeping the districts the way they are today, a district for everyone, however, with selected matches.

I don't know how to do that, but in my layman's opinion on the matter, there should be some mechanism to detect a limit of matches in which a certain player won to reach gold. A player with many matches played to reach gold is certainly a normal player, a player who played few matches to win gold, he is out of the ordinary.

So, with this information, the mechanism would put the "players with the most matches played to win gold" together in a match (both on one side and the other - enforcers and criminals), this would happen in the same way with the players with the fewest matches played to win the gold. This would encompass the entire match, not just for one side, but for both sides (criminals and enforcers).

Detail: I'm talking about a mechanism that aims to find matches only for golds, it doesn't involve silver or bronzes, it's only for golds.
For silver and bronze, it continues as it currently exists.

EDIT: This mechanism could fail sometimes, it could be that due to some failure some bronze or silver drops in a match with a gold, but these cases must be rare, the essence of the problem must be solved.

Essence of the problem: Normal players and beginners fall into disadvantaged matches against old and experienced golds. They must be separated. 

Golds must play against themselves, they must be treated differently from other players. However, this should be done the way I wrote it here, you shouldn't separate the districts by threats as it was before, because the golds are few compared to the amount of them with the rest of the players (most are bronze or silver), that would discourage the golds from playing, as I said before, this system must be flawed, no can be 100% (maybe 85% faithful - it must be complicated to make something extremely faithful with these descriptions [ but it has to be flawed, but not too much {you won't waste time doing something shitty}]), rare cases should happen that golds fall in matches against normal players, but this MUST BE RARE. ---> When I say "but it has to be flawed, but not too much" I am referring to these "rare cases".  I want to make this very clear, because it wouldn't work and it wouldn't be healthy if these "rare cases" happened all the time.

• When by chance, if the district at any time had few golds, then this mechanism could only, only in those cases, confront gold against bronze and silver.

Leave your opinion in the comments.

EDIT:

I actually rambled a lot. Thanks anyway for the comments, there are many ideas from yours that are valuable.

I tried to give some idea on the subject, but I don't understand much. But anyway, the intention was good.

Edited by MrLek

idk, its a good idea. but.

First thing comes to mind is the groups.

If you have a mix of threats in one group, this would make the MM take longer for the group.

The Golds grouped or not would have a harder time getting missions.

They would see this as a punishment and maybe leave the game, play less. Then we are back to square one. 

We must be fair to the golds while providing opportunity and motivation to the lower threat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

idk, its a good idea. but.

First thing comes to mind is the groups.

If you have a mix of threats in one group, this would make the MM take longer for the group.

The Golds grouped or not would have a harder time getting missions.

They would see this as a punishment and maybe leave the game, play less. Then we are back to square one. 

We must be fair to the golds while providing opportunity and motivation to the lower threat

You made me have another idea: when by chance, if the district at any time had few golds, then this mechanism could only, only in those cases, confront gold against bronze and silver. I will edit and put in the post.

Let's see that, if there are many golds in the district, it won't take long to find matches.

For example if we compare the current matchmaking to that before the 1.30 update, with the increase in the number of players in districts to 100, matches are being found extremely easier.

For example, a match is usually 4 vs 4. If the district had 10 enforcers golds and 5 criminals golds, you can put a match of 4 enforcers golds vs 4 criminals golds. It could be a 2vs2 match and another 2vs2 match, but we are working with the average number of matches that the APB offers and which is enough to satisfy a good match. Besides that the algorithm would be very specific and there could be failures, 4vs4 is very good. 

|--Only in cases of scarcity, only 2 enf golds and 2 crim golds remain from the entire population of the district. Only and only in this case could 2 crim golds vs 2 enf golds enter matches.

If you wanted to make a 1vs1 match to record and put on youtube, L.O could open the Fight Clubs to open in 1v1 and in the far future with APB 2.0, L.O could create small maps for this purpose, and create another system for players create private rooms with these small maps.

Back to the subject: So there would be 6 enforcers golds and 1 criminal gold left. These are all golds in the district. So, when the number of golds criminals was dissimilar with the number of golds enforcers or the number of enforcers golds were different from the number of criminals golds, then we would separately divide the number of enforcers golds so that it would be divided into groups with 2 players, and the number of criminals golds as well, each pair would be sent to play against bronzes and silvers. If the number on one of the sides did not match (in the case of our example the criminal), the system would send it to play against bronzes and silvers.

Remembering that I had 6 enforcers golds and 1 criminal gold left in my example, so 6/3 = 2, 3 groups of 2 would be sent separately to play matches against bronzes and silvers. 2 would go to one match, another 2 to another different match and the remaining 2 to another different match. The 1 remaining criminal would also be released for any match against bronzes and silvers, as we are working with pairs and 1 criminal is not part of a pair, so there is no way he can enter a match |--against 2 enforcers (I'm saying this, so that the algorithm is not so heavy and so specific). 

Remembering that I had 6 enforcers golds and 1 criminal gold left in my example, if you and your friends were some of the enforcers and you were in a group of 4, all with the "k" pressed and waiting for a match, you would go to different matches, 2 would go to a match and you + another would go to another different match.  

|--Remembering what I said at the beginning: Only groups of 4 crim golds vs 4 enf golds will be formed.

* If there were 10 players in the total population of a district, with 9 golds and 1 bronze (4 crim gold, 5 enf gold and 1 bronze), unfortunately it would be left over for a 1v1 match of 1 gold against 1 bronze. But they are rare cases;

* Or if the total population of a district were 11 players, with 9 golds and 2 bronzes (4 crim gold, 5 enf gold and 2 bronze) there would be a match of 1 gold against 2 bronzes. But these are rare cases.

Edited by MrLek

6 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You're really convoluting this.

I tried to describe every possible situation.

• Like 1

Can think of 2 systems for current state of matchmaking(till we get the cross dist/the new one)Idk is gonna be easy to be made dou

System1: Option to go ready(K)and u get oposition only ur own threat even if u have to wait(silvers only vs silvers,silver+gold only vs silver+gold etc)

System2: The above system plus also the option to hit a command and get a list with everybody in district(players in ready,in mission and also their threats)So u can challenge to a mission player in ready(only if is ur threat or above)

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Can think of 2 systems for current state of matchmaking(till we get the cross dist/the new one)Idk is gonna be easy to be made dou

System1: Option to go ready(K)and u get oposition only ur own threat even if u have to wait(silvers only vs silvers,silver+gold only vs silver+gold etc)

System2: The above system plus also the option to hit a command and get a list with everybody in district(players in ready,in mission and also their threats)So u can challenge to a mission player in ready(only if is ur threat or above)

Make a post with your ideas, they are very good, people will like it, maybe there is some mobilization in the community.

47 minutes ago, MrLek said:

Make a post with your ideas, they are very good, people will like it, maybe there is some mobilization in the community.

im not good in sht like dat and overall thats it aint gonna make 100 topics 4 same thing

Don't waste your time. There have been thousands of posts with ideas yet nothing was ever implemented. Not to mention that implementing any matchmaking changes requires a large community to begin with.

• Like 1

Keep crushing newbies and wonder why no new players want to join. 

After experiencing this for a full week I've burnt out and it's not fun anymore.

Players that kept playing have become as toxic as they are good, even brag and belittle when beating silvers or bronze. 

And there's clearly some imbalance in the factions going on that nobody talks about. 

But who cares right, just another waste of time and energy.

Edited by AutumnSan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AutumnSan said:

Keep crushing newbies and wonder why no new players want to join. 

After experiencing this for a full week I've burnt out and it's not fun anymore.

Players that kept playing have become as toxic as they are good, even brag and belittle when beating silvers or bronze. 

And there's clearly some imbalance in the factions going on that nobody talks about. 

But who cares right, just another waste of time and energy.

That's why you just ignore people and play the game. It's not just new players that are being harassed. Veterans are also being hackusated and called names all the time by both new players and those thinking that they are the best and everyone else sucks.

Sign in to follow this