PingOVER9000

Questions about Apb Game situation past and future 2023

Apb future..  

29 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Apb future..

• just Get away fella
    • There is hope, shortly big updates are coming

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/23 at 10:18 AM

Hello everybody and happy new year to all the players and APB community.

Returned checking in forum after a pair of years, I tried to look  at  a lot of  some posts around in the forum, trying to tracking or figure out the situation,  but  I cant understand excatly the situation, totally confused about the game situation and especially the "end point/ targets" where the game administrators are planning to reach... because confronting them with the results and the dates the are more just a pair of lackings...

For now what I understood the situation is not a lot different than some years ago  several bugs, a lot of cheaters, no Engine upgrade, no new implamentation and also I got like the sensation the administrators ignored totally or almost the situation in game for long periods of time.

All I see or a claim of a progress... it's a screenshot ?... and a lot of words seems they have the same valour of the rain on the paved streets.

I am not sure anyway and I can be 100% wrong, I am just asking, people have the bad habit to complain for nothing especially when they dont know nothing.... I am not of this kind.

Long story, short story bulls*it, May I consider APB dead or past redemption and light a candle in its memory or there's some hope?

Thanks in advance, ciao

• Like 1

In next couple of months the game will be upgraded to 64 bit and with code from unreal 3.5 engine.Also with dat release is also coming new anti cheat and new contacts to lvl up.Public testing gonna happen 1st-is not far according to the CEO latest tweet

Edited by AlienTM
  • Thanks 1

Play if you enjoy it, don't if you dont.

It's that simple.

No one knows what the future holds.

Edited by CookiePuss

All I know right now, is I'm in the mood to play APB. But I simply can't play in mission districts for very long due to the crashes.

I love the game's art style so I've been actively moving away from anime/or characters dressed in all black, and going for designs that make my characters look believable in the world and even as far as affiliated with one of the factions.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Long story, short

Burned out n Fading away. 

I've always seen this game as more of a Social Hang Out with music n guns, than a sand box.

As sandbox shooters go, this game is like scraping the bottom of the barrel. Compared to newer games.

They been saying the same thing for 4 yrs, Engine in a few months, anticheat, ect.

I'll be long dead by the time they do anything.

Then if they upgrade, ya gotta figure a couple years of trial n error for every new thing they put in,

resulting in lots of down time, hiccups n booting issues, you name it. ok

Then your anti cheat won't just come in n catch all the hax, it will have to Learn first

what information you should have, then bust for info you shouldn't have.

That will take eons. for one thing the hax will all leave till the hacker can rewrite his hax, bout a week.

And your pop will be zero. So if some people come back thinking its all legits now, n lets see what contacts they have.

They gonna find a Ghost town with a few T-Bangers. Your true golds won't stay or come back cuz all of your fake hacker golds

will be gone waiting on the new scripts. So they'll be no decent opp for em. 

I'm not trying to throw Salt, n I know I am speculating, but I have very little faith the 'upgrade' will be released

anytime soon nor do I have faith that an anticheat will be effective in the long term. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, AlienTM said:

In next couple of months the game will be upgraded to 64 bit and with code from unreal 3.5 engine.Also with dat release is also coming new anti cheat and new contacts to lvl up.Public testing gonna happen 1st-is not far according to the CEO latest tweet

Interesting... where may I read about it about the realease date and other info?

36 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It's that simple.

"No one knows what the future holds", it's such a sad phrase good for losers and hypocrites in good faith ... 

Rather, "No one want to know what the future holds"... let's be realistic.

I'm not criticizing, it's not your fault, but for me it's big displeasure a lot of people have this general mindset in this odiern society and at end we all know the blame it's who manage the system and push people with this mentality.

Anyway, here we are we are talking about a publisher company, for "future holds" they have their plans and schedule for working .

It's a matter of business, If the game is not more profitable I can understand their behaviour and trying to milk on it, they could and can as they prefer but the main reason I am curious is because I made some "investement" in this game in past, and I am curious if at the end really worth the waiting, because the game  actually is no fun anymore without something new.

I guess I have enough for figuring out where the game and little orbit is going, reading a while ago what happened with Ship's that Fight Underground and "other things in development".

The thread can be closed by Mod for me, thanks all for your answers.

On 1/3/2023 at 3:15 PM, AlienTM said:

Also with dat release is also coming new anti cheat and new contacts to lvl up.

EAC, nice. Apparently expanding the game functionality is still limited on version 1.30, harder or impossible?

On 1/3/2023 at 8:36 AM, CookiePuss said:

It's that simple.

This is the wrong mindset to have. A update is way overdue. Broken promises, company trade after company trade, even in the past the GM's use to cheat in the game. A lot needs to be worked on or it's going to blood out again.

Sign in to follow this