Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

New content and reasons to log in

Recommended Posts

As the Live game has not received any updates in a long time people have less and less reasons to login and play at least a little every day which is likely a key reason as to why players are leaving, APB is stale, there hasn’t been something new in way too long. Players could really do with those two new contacts that were meant to bring the EMP grenade, new clothing, old refer a friend reward weapons and so on. Joker Tickets are also worth more than ever so possibly bring back the old Armas Events page with daily missions that award Joker Tickets for simple activities that require you to just play for a bit every day, examples would be get 30 Kills, get 5 Grenade kills and so on.

 

“I think we can all agree that at least when it comes to returning players, adding content would be a surefire way to boost pop. When the engine upgrade was being worked on it made sense to wait until it was finished before adding new stuff. That has changed. Unless there is simply no one left to work on anything outside of 1.3, adding content should be a top priority.” -Community Member

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the core gameplay loop is solid, that's reason enough for players to return day in, day out. Counter Strike was popular for a reason, without any progression system beyond gaining money during a match.

When gameplay design is lacking, dangling a carrot in front of everyone's face might work. But that's only borrowed time. Once players have unlocked the new content, they come back asking for more.

 

I would rather see this precious time spent revamping the fundamentals of how a mission plays out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I hate them, a battlepass would give incentive to logging in every day and playing. But be more loving with this if it is ever to be added because a greedy battlepass can be spotted from miles away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2022 at 8:51 AM, R3ACT3M said:

As much as I hate them, a battlepass would give incentive to logging in every day and playing. But be more loving with this if it is ever to be added because a greedy battlepass can be spotted from miles away.

My only problem with an APB battlepass thing would be; what would be in it?  I feel that a battlepass would be entirely pointless if the items aren't unique or limited time in some way which kinda goes against what APB has been.

 

Emphasis on "kinda" cause i didn't forget the older seasonal events.  Those having one time rewards was super mixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After all this time this level of honesty is almost touching. Many people had lost hope and quit years ago. Admittedly I too very rarely play APB anymore.

 

The core gameplay loop was good for a long time, but eventually there's just nothing more to gain. You can only enjoy missions and fight club for so long without any visible progression, on your characters part or the games (developmental) part. But as long as you don't abandon this project, focus on the tasks at hand and somehow manage to secure funding to keep going, I don't see APB being done just yet. If you can add long-term progression systems, new content like weapons, cars and maybe even new gamemodes (again), this will be the first stepping stone. At this point, the old players will take anything they can get, but to revive the game long-term you need much more than small, sporadic content updates. The game needs a facelift on many departments.

 

After that, you need a marketing plan. Starting with youtube ads and possibly sponsoring twitch streamers like summit1g might entice many of the old, as well as new players to come back and see what all the fuss is about. Even still, I don't think this game will ever be the new fortnite, but the hallmarks of a succesful product are entirely withing your grasp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate Battlepasses, because they are limited in time. If you play multiple games (everyone do), you can not finish.

Also make the game Pass UNLIMITED in time and more expensive! Everyone is pleased to this!

 

Make the Pass revealed in seasons. So you are motivated to play APB sometimes and not every day. If you NEED to play a game every day, because of the BP progress, this is bad!

 

Fill the BP with Skins for Weapons, Weapon Sounds, Car Engine Sounds, Stickers etc.

 

Add a Clanwar System and PvE Stuff for alternative gameplay to increase the population = more possible players = more income = more playerw in general by itself.

 

Remove the green mods and add a system that works like green mods, but with skills (passive or active), also more alternative posibilitys.

Actually its boring if Clotting Agent is the one and only green mod.

 

More difference in options (skills) can give more indirect gameplay to play and build with it.

 

Remove the Crime and Enforcer system and makes this individual as "Mercenary". So both sides can better be filled with players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

and more expensive! Everyone is pleased to this!

Excuse you? What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

Also make the game Pass UNLIMITED in time and more expensive! Everyone is pleased to this!

 

Remove the Crime and Enforcer system and makes this individual as "Mercenary". So both sides can better be filled with players.

Actually some good ideas here. 

For the battlepass idea, if a battlepass ever was to be implemented into APB, I see no reason why they should be removed after the "season" ends. Instead, give the current season battlepass a progression speed bonus, for example 25-33%, to incentivize players advancing the current season BP. The past seasons could be bought individually, or bundled later into "battlepass packages" for example "BP 2023 Package" with all the battlepasses for that year unlocked. For a game like APB that has a slower development cycle, you don't want to lose any potential playtime/content as it is sparse to begin with.
Look into how Guild Wars 2 PVP does reward tracks to get an idea how this could work in apb. You select a reward track from all the ones you have unlocked, and playing in PVP gamemodes advances the track you have chosen. At any time you can change your reward track to another, without losing progress. It's a pretty good long-term system.

Mercenary idea not bad either. Could be a mercenary district for it, or a system that allows you to "convert" to a mercenary temporarily in normal districts. As long as many weapons, cars etc. are character bound, many players have all their things on one character so starting a character on the opposing faction is counterintuitive, to say the least.

Edited by ColorBauss
grammar edits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2022 at 11:05 AM, SkittyM said:

My only problem with an APB battlepass thing would be; what would be in it?  I feel that a battlepass would be entirely pointless if the items aren't unique or limited time in some way which kinda goes against what APB has been.

 

Emphasis on "kinda" cause i didn't forget the older seasonal events.  Those having one time rewards was super mixed.

There could be limited time pre-customized cars for a free last tier reward. This would give free 2 play players a reason to play every day and try and get a decent car at the end of the pass if they can't play well enough to get the cash to buy one/don't have time to grind to something like 195.

Weapon skins are another thing that could be put into the pass. I think it was mentioned somewhere, that muzzle flash could have some customization too.

Have some more free rewards like consumables for early tiers. Maybe some free trials to higher ranked mods (car surfer, spotter, wide-boy ammo box)

I don't think anything besides reskinned weapons should be added to the pass and it should be emphasis that it is a reskin of a acquired in-game through gameplay weapon.

There could be some more professionally made themes, or even music that can be played from a boom box or player's car.

Some nice spray art/symbols could be put out

preset clothing

A lot of these suggestions of course need to have at least some level of quality behind them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats sounds good with the Battlepass Pack of the year!

 

About 90% of the regular Battlepass in other games with a limited time, are filled with scrap that no one need or like!

This scrap only exist to reach level 100... also to strech the content.

 

If the Battlepiss can not expire, you can add more quality stuff to it, that makes much more sense. The best of it, you can play the game if you like.

 

To make progress in the Battlepass you can use the same system from Bayland Shipping (the tasks system). But you need to expand this!

Actually you need to complete the task... this is boring and a very bad system!

I hate the grenade kill tasks... also thats an huge downside to do Tasks you dont like!

 

The new Task system is much better and possible for everyone (beginners or veterany).

In the new Task there are all Tasks running at the same time!

 

Example:

Kills: 4/10

Grenade kills: 0/2

Secondary Skills: 4/5

Roadkill: 0/2

Assists: 9/10

Stun Enemy: 0/3

Etc.

 

Also all Tasks are running at the same time. If you complete one of them (also +1 more assist). You have completed the tasks and all task progress is reset to 0!

So you can do whatever you like, without to have the frustrading of none progress!

 

You can easy edit the numbers. But this is the best way to make progress in the Battlepass in every gameplay of APB! This is not limited to a specifig level or game mode.

 

You can add the option to buy battlepass levels with Joker Tickets! Wow, you can make more money with that... if the players cant wait 🙂

 

All systems works well together.

At the end of the battlepass you can add a permanent sloted Weapon or a special skin/sound or whatever... or just joker Ticketd maybe... or JTs on every 10 levels.

 

I can help you if you need!

 

 

When do you add new game modes, maybe a RACING district. You cann add a racing Task to the multiple task system.

 

Example:

 

"Do racing place 5 (of 10 players) or better to complete the tasks."

0/2

 

"Do racing place 3 or better."

0/1

 

 

With the new Task-System what i have suggested, you can add faster and easier gameplay content to the game and integrade this in to the upcoming Battlepass System.

Players have stuff todo, your company makes profit and all are happy. More profit = more content.

Edited by Todesklinge
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

-snip-

Only issue with presets is theres nobody to make them and it would definitely be a few months (after a pass was even thought up) before someone could make them.  I sorta only see weapons working if maybe its a variant, like the CBMPs or Raptor 45, VBR, etc.  Consumables are sorta in a weird spot though im not against having them be in the pass if their current implementation sticks around.

 

New thought, what if basic versions of weapons were always free and available from contacts and customized tactikool versions were paid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

 

 

 

When do you add new game modes, maybe a RACING district. You cann add a racing Task to the multiple task system.

 

 

I hate that you made a decent post for once and then undercut it with this meme. Why did you betray me like this.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Only issue with presets is theres nobody to make them and it would definitely be a few months (after a pass was even thought up) before someone could make them.  I sorta only see weapons working if maybe its a variant, like the CBMPs or Raptor 45, VBR, etc.  Consumables are sorta in a weird spot though im not against having them be in the pass if their current implementation sticks around.

 

New thought, what if basic versions of weapons were always free and available from contacts and customized tactikool versions were paid?

Basic weapons should be free yea


Unmodded guns should be free and relatively easy to acquire. Then the free perma weapon choice should be one of mod ability 1 or 2 slots. That way new players can easily sink their teeth into the modding system of apb without feeling pressured to grind.

I think consumables should be removed for purchase instead be put into a battlepass reward system with increasing amounts. (just as something to add to a battle pass)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Basic weapons should be free yea


Unmodded guns should be free and relatively easy to acquire. Then the free perma weapon choice should be one of mod ability 1 or 2 slots. That way new players can easily sink their teeth into the modding system of apb without feeling pressured to grind.

 

The tutorial should give them a rank 1 or 2 mod as well and force them to jam it in the weapon they choose (but make sure it tells them it is not perm and changeable).

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a idea I don't think anyone would like/nor care make every body kit cost ingame cash and make body kits from the simple basic ones at lower levels to aggressive as hell like a Maxi tuning car from 2004 or a death race/ military look alike car body kit sets , as for the dudes who spent jokers or Arma currency on them would probably earn that amount they spent on the bodykits in total 

this also is a useless one that I think no one would care but every car can have every wheel just have to be able to also change the car's Tire profile like a fat slick tire one to a sports tire with almost small thin tire profile 

well outside of the bodykit stuff what about random off-duty random events that rewards the player (I don't care if it just copies GTAO) Basically where the district competes on who can do it better like most near misses, Drifting, Best top speed or longest two wheel, ok am not sure how that's actually going to work 

 

What about a heist where Crims do what they usually do to get money but this time they rob like a literal bank as they steal thousands to millions of dollars and the officers have to stop them and probably be rewarded for that amount for each Criminal they have stopped, Men am thinking how its going to work 4 gold tryhard dudes vs 10+ legit casual bronzes and silvers (that never reach gold) ok just ignore this since we all the the threat can be exploitable and were there is a revive system as there is 3 downs and you are gone for good (yeah yeah its identical to payday but I don't care either )

ok , none of these might be a good idea 

 

Edited by Bruhd101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruhd101 said:

Here's a idea I don't think anyone would like/nor care make every body kit cost ingame cash and make body kits from the simple basic ones at lower levels to aggressive as hell like a Maxi tuning car from 2004 or a death race/ military look alike car body kit sets , as for the dudes who spent jokers or Arma currency on them would probably earn that amount they spent on the bodykits in total 

this also is a useless one that I think no one would care but every car can have every wheel just have to be able to also change the car's Tire profile like a fat slick tire one to a sports tire with almost small thin tire profile 

well outside of the bodykit stuff what about random off-duty random events that rewards the player (I don't care if it just copies GTAO) Basically where the district competes on who can do it better like most near misses, Drifting, Best top speed or longest two wheel, ok am not sure how that's actually going to work 

 

What about a heist where Crims do what they usually do to get money but this time they rob like a literal bank as they steal thousands to millions of dollars and the officers have to stop them and probably be rewarded for that amount for each Criminal they have stopped, Men am thinking how its going to work 4 gold tryhard dudes vs 10+ legit casual bronzes and silvers (that never reach gold) ok just ignore this since we all the the threat can be exploitable and were there is a revive system as there is 3 downs and you are gone for good (yeah yeah its identical to payday but I don't care either )

ok , none of these might be a good idea 

 

I think you might just want to go play GTA and Forza or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The goal is to be equal different to GTA.

And that includes PvE and PvP in one.

 

It is heavy recommendet to use Unreal Engine 5.1 for this!

Edited by Todesklinge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

The goal is to be equal different to GTA.

And that includes PvE and PvP in one.

 

It is heavy recommendet to use Unreal Engine 5.1 for this!

Please stop. APB is not GTA. GTA is not APB. They are different genres and games with very different focus.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...