So this might be a long shot, Probably just a fantasy but I returned to APB after a long time away for a couple games recently and was disheartened to see the state in which APB is in. population wise and obviously that the game after this many years hasn't been engine upgraded.

I have been saying for a while that APB should just end and APB 2 should be made with a Mordern Graphics engine 4 or 5 i don't care. with the same great gameplay that APB had to offer. the city could be updated as it is years since it was made the maps could have expanded either more destroyed from years of urban warfare or grown into a more developed city. you could do so much with a brand new fresh APB rather than trying to put a bandage on an old out of date game as APB is. personally i feel as though APB is beyond saving and i think it is time to retire. however i spent years on this game and thousands of dollarydoo's so it would be cool if you could transfer the currect account's into the next game.

just food for thought but would love to hear what people would think about APB 2 and ideas for what the new game could have.

Please at least consider making a new game L.O i absolutely love this game and it's such a shame and such a waste to let it rot into the nether of forgotteness.

little orbit no longer owns the ip, so they can't make apb 2

a "spiritual successor" could be made, but it couldn't have any actual connection to apb aside from general mechanics without being sued into oblivion

• Like 1

Matt having the big brain that he does sold the rights to APB to a chinese company. You will never see APB 2. Ever.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 4:11 AM, glaciers said:

little orbit no longer owns the ip, so they can't make apb 2

a "spiritual successor" could be made, but it couldn't have any actual connection to apb aside from general mechanics without being sued into oblivion

Something similar with a different name would be good. i freaking love apb and hate that it is going to waste in the way that it is.

Merged.

On 7/18/2022 at 6:27 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

Matt having the big brain that he does sold the rights to APB to a chinese company. You will never see APB 2. Ever.

well that explains why progress is so slow. That's such a damn shame. disheartening almost. i have always wanted an apb 2 with more modern content and graphics playstile and everything else. damnit matt!

Merged.

On 7/18/2022 at 8:09 AM, AlienTM said:

yea go make it..

yeah sure mate, you going to fund the millions it would cost to do it? i'm just saying rather than waste time and effort on a game that's very out dated and due for retirement, invest in a new updated game. one that they could build from scratch. in the long run it would be better and easier for them do to so.

On 7/18/2022 at 7:27 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

I think he sold it to save his skin. He made the terrible decision to acquire G1. LO has some private investors, I don't think they were happy that lots of money were wasted and no return of investment. Just a theory.

They could maybe  pull off APB "2" from the scratch with 1 map. Got voices, concept art, map design.... And with the modern development tools that make things easier than 15 years ago,  they had a chance for some early access which would have been far better option.  It's impossible now. GG.

Edited by Sayori

The real question is why hasnt the company that bought the rights to APB made a game with it by now? Theyre the ones that would have made an APB2.

On 7/23/2022 at 1:45 PM, zaniska said:

well that explains why progress is so slow. That's such a damn shame. disheartening almost. i have always wanted an apb 2 with more modern content and graphics playstile and everything else. damnit matt!

What progress?