jmiIos

closet blatant cheaters

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Nobody comes back for the event reruns. There's nothing new to obtain, and no benefit to grind for. It's the same old tired shit we all did a decade ago.

But hey at least i did all pumpkin roles across all of my characters xD

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Their mistake was removing the segregation, without also employing ingame moderation to deal with the inevitable return of blatant cheaters.

Why would removing segregation  change anything about cheaters?

(honest question)

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Why would removing segregation  change anything about cheaters? (honest question)

With segregation, the cheaters would have to reroll new accounts every day to gain access to the more active population they can easily sweep through. The mindset of a cheater is one who is lazy, looking for cheap thrills, so this extra effort would inevitably lead to them moving on to more easily accessible venues. This was proven as the bronze district saw a sharp decline early on, and then has been basically cheat-free for years since. The silver district was also basically cheat-free during the EAC days, but saw some minor activity since the return to BattlEye.

With the removal of segregation, cheaters have no barrier to entry to access the active population. Thus, there's now a big fat flashing sign hanging above us calling them back... and they came back, in force. Used to see maybe one suspicious individual in a month back during segregation, there's now very obvious peeps every day.

Plus, APB is attractive to cheating regardless of that. Action is never manually taken (LO doesn't care about cheating), which means you never are at real risk of losing your account. The one thing that could get you banned is when the anti-cheat updates, because cheat program's detection isn't always fool-proof. That's easily worked around by having a burner account to test the anti-cheat before you begin your session for the day, negating that issue entirely.

This is all very obvious to anyone who gives even the slightest thought to the state of things, and who actively plays the game.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:

With segregation, the cheaters would have to reroll new accounts every day to gain access to the more active population they can easily sweep through

I dunno Hex, I could make a new account in maybe 2 minutes. 

I can't say I've noticed more cheaters, at least not on NA. Though maybe I'm just not good at spotting them.

Anyways thanks for the response. 

Rounds without cheaters are very fun in apb. With cheaters in a round its so boring matches. Soooooo ban cheaters This will give the game more players. You become more players then you lose. But liddle orbit look like they fear it and not ban cheaters. Its a shame. 

Thats all......

On 11/5/2021 at 11:57 PM, PotatoeGirl said:

Why else do you think the pop is so low? 

Not because of cheaters lmao

• Like 1