AlexxTxx

1 FPS when starting APB

I have this problem for a while now, every time I try to start the game I have 1 fps when the loading screen finishes, I can't even login in the game because of how slow it is.

Specs:

Dual GTX 1070 8GB

Ryzen 7 1700

32GB Ram

SSD 480GB

3TB HDD

I have every driver updated.

Please help me, I really want to play APB

Hello,

Might be an issue with SLI mode / dual GPUs, in the game options there is a setting to enable which may help.

If you used Steam go to where the game is installed. X = your drive letter.

X:\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config

Edit the APBMachineOption file.

Look for this line ;MultiGPUCompatibility=False

delete the ;

and change it to True.

MultiGPUCompatibility=True

Save the file and see what happens.

🙂 i see, assumed that meant Dual as in x2.

In your machine options file change these ones

UseVsync=False
SmoothFrameRate=True

always remove the ;

Apart from that, is your OS set to run in power saving mode or high performance? So the CPU runs at the max frequency.

Edited by ElectroStingz

hi i had this problem last week and did everything to fix it 

it turned out to be the motherboard bios update ,

i needed to go back to the bios that came out previous to the ryzen 2 being released

or the bridging version for me it was 3.30 (asrock taichi) 

depending on your motherboard it could be a different version

in my experience the later versions of the bios do some rare quirky things in odd programs

even though they test stable 

Have the same issue, 1fps, stuttering glitchy mess, unable to login.

Specs: GTX 1070, Ryzen 1700x, 32gb DDR4

if you don't want to flash your bios back to an earlier version,

try changing the cpu and possibly the ram settings in the bios to auto 

every other game works fine? is the game located on ssd or hdd? try the other.

pci-e cables properly connected? try pulling out 1 or 2 ram sticks and try that.

From this little info its really hard to tell. try g1 installer instead of steam version or vice versa.

For the future you can inspect your hardware with msi afterburner while gaming.

it might be an odd issue with optimization, as APB is extremely picky with what type of resources it consumes.

So before anything, if you can, please tell us what exactly happens on different games. As in the average frames per second you get and whatnot you might find useful.
If it is unique to APB, then it either could be a freak bug/ bad installation or something else entirely.

Whatever it might be, it is likely that you'll have to wait.

Are you both using the latest driver from nVidia?

https://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers/results/134708

I play many games including: CSGO, MTA, PUBG, Battlefield 1 etc. This only happens with APB. I have every driver updated.

This is most of what is required to run the game, all files can be found in the APB TPI folder.

X:\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\TPI

0uNK9mn.jpg

Do you have all these installed?

try install "All in One Runtimes"

after restart, run a game, back to tskmngr find game exe -> right click -> set affinity -> uncheck all except first one "cpu 0" -> apply - back to game and see any difference at fps readings.

if not, try uncheck all startups -> restart and try run a game. (clear os run to make sure not caused by other prog like fps override etc).

Edited by Dahel

It works when I only have "cpu 0" checked but I'm getting 30 fps in game with everything on minimal

3 hours ago, AlexxTxx said:

It works when I only have "cpu 0" checked but I'm getting 30 fps in game with everything on minimal

what about clear os startups?

so... cpu 0 works, ok here ya go, problem is caused by your processor, it's not damaged but seem have issue with support, try open ticket at support and explain what happened here,

1fps -> left one core "cpu 0" and gain uo to 30 but still have problem

by the way did you updated last motherboard "chipset" drivers from your manufacturer? sometimes chipset cannot coordinate cpu-ram-vga power/potentiality.

but is core causes problem that mean need to dig deeper and! did it happens all times like that???

also arkup had idea, seems it is with cpu-bios update, you can try contact your manufacturer to figure out whats going on, don't forget create ticket for a game n explain, maybe your cpu not listed and not supported by game, it is happens when game is not up to date... 4years not updated... so...

glad to help, 010

Edited by Dahel

I had the same exact problem start yesterday, right after I flashed my MB Bios.  I too am running a Ryzen 7 1700 rig.  I read through all the comments and found the easiest and simplest solution. My MB manufacturer, Asrock has a new Beta Bios out: version 4.82 which addresses compatibility with some Nvidia cards. So instead of flashing down to a lower BIOS, I simply flashed up to the beta Bios and now I'm playing APB again with no apparent log in issues.

52 minutes ago, WaitWat said:

I blame newest windows update

I do 2, we cannot stop crocosoft do with us whatever they want so Ive downgraded to 7

Okay one more thing for you.. you say you have all the latest drivers installed, but did you also perform a clean install of them? I specifically mean this:

-uninstall/roll back affecting drivers

-Delete driver packages that automatically restores the updated drivers

-manually reinstall drivers through official channels (e.g. NVIDIA Geforce Experience or Intel support website).

Solved many issues for me in the past that seemed tied to a specific game.

Oh and one more things: are you sure the game uses the 1070 and NOT the internal graphics? 

Edited by Misterff1
Addition

I assume you got an ASUS Dual GTX 1070 OC, I had the same problem, Fixed with the new Nvidia drivers.

I flashed the bios and everything starter working perfectly. Thanks to everyone that replied and help me