Sakebee

Style Month Patch Announcement

10 hours ago, wHisHi said:

You literally said same thing as other 999 people, why lol

I didn't, people said yes there is a preview option in the store. What I said is that the same items are available in the wardrobe kiosk where you customize items, you don't even have to go to the Joker store for most of them and can preview everything in detail instead of that regular broken and small market preview with resolutions for ants...

And no one mentioned this, I went through posts now and no one mentioned it. So you're welcome...

Also related to this, I noticed when I go through the market place previewing items it creates big chunks of temporary files that don't get deleted until the game is closed completely. And this often crashes my game. I have a (for today's standards) small 1TB system SSD that is more then half full and it fills up quite fast. So it's not enough that is a small preview also it ironically creates big file sizes for it...

Quite often I have to restart the game, tried even minimizing the game and deleting catchefiles but that way most of it is still up and protected you cant delete them. And no I wont buy a new bigger drive just for APB can fill that one up with same crap... plus I don't have the budget for such stupid things. PC is way too expensive for what you get so don't feel like investing in it in the next ten years unless something dies out on it... But even then it will be a budget build not a crazy "gaming" rig besides again I don't feel like wasting money building something just to be able to play a 11 year old game.

5 hours ago, Timobelk said:

I didn't, people said yes there is a preview option in the store. What I said is that the same items are available in the wardrobe kiosk where you customize items, you don't even have to go to the Joker store for most of them and can preview everything in detail instead of that regular broken and small market preview with resolutions for ants...

And no one mentioned this, I went through posts now and no one mentioned it. So you're welcome...

Also related to this, I noticed when I go through the market place previewing items it creates big chunks of temporary files that don't get deleted until the game is closed completely. And this often crashes my game. I have a (for today's standards) small 1TB system SSD that is more then half full and it fills up quite fast. So it's not enough that is a small preview also it ironically creates big file sizes for it...

Quite often I have to restart the game, tried even minimizing the game and deleting catchefiles but that way most of it is still up and protected you cant delete them. And no I wont buy a new bigger drive just for APB can fill that one up with same crap... plus I don't have the budget for such stupid things. PC is way too expensive for what you get so don't feel like investing in it in the next ten years unless something dies out on it... But even then it will be a budget build not a crazy "gaming" rig besides again I don't feel like wasting money building something just to be able to play a 11 year old game.

How many thousand items you have to preview to fill up 1TB ? Playing with 256ssd, never had problems

8 hours ago, wHisHi said:

How many thousand items you have to preview to fill up 1TB ? Playing with 256ssd, never had problems

Didn't count, obviously but sometimes it fills up quite fast. Lots of my friends had this same issue while they still played the game. Our bet goes on low memory ram, I only have 8 gb ddr3, some friends have less and in most cases what I already have open in the background fills it up alongside apb, so apb starts writing memory on hdd until it fills it up and shits it self and crash everything. Today for example I left my character in social and was busy all day so I didn't had the chance to come back and close the game. When I came back I had a frozen screen and when I wanted to go to the end task menager a log in screen of windows shown up with a popup message that there has been a error on my pc with a apb exe and some codes, it opened four pages and upon closing them all it restored my system back to normal. Friends who have more ram never had this issue or very rarely. Besides I am sure apb crashed due to other things before too so... So that is it.

1 hour ago, Timobelk said:

Didn't count, obviously but sometimes it fills up quite fast. Lots of my friends had this same issue while they still played the game. Our bet goes on low memory ram, I only have 8 gb ddr3, some friends have less and in most cases what I already have open in the background fills it up alongside apb, so apb starts writing memory on hdd until it fills it up and shits it self and crash everything. Today for example I left my character in social and was busy all day so I didn't had the chance to come back and close the game. When I came back I had a frozen screen and when I wanted to go to the end task menager a log in screen of windows shown up with a popup message that there has been a error on my pc with a apb exe and some codes, it opened four pages and upon closing them all it restored my system back to normal. Friends who have more ram never had this issue or very rarely. Besides I am sure apb crashed due to other things before too so... So that is it.

Never had problems with 4gb and 8gb ram, still cant understand how many days you have to afk in social in order to fill up 500gb ssd :-D