Sign in to follow this  
R3ACT3M

How much RNG is in APB?

What could be changed to make APB less RNG based? What is RNG in apb? What has been removed/changed? Is RNG a conspiracy in apb?

accuracy and bloom is RNG, the best example i can think of is comparing the Shaw or Alig to the Ntec

although the shaw/alig range is 70m, and ntec is like 50m, ntec can win because it can just land every shot, whereas alig/shaw will miss most shots. so this is why ntec is annoying, you can consistently deal damage at any range with basically no problem since the recoil is basically zero for intermediate/expert players.

my shaw will either ttk someone or it will take 30 shots to kill, but the euryale is basically a laser with less recoil than the shaw. making the euryale way stronger.

Edited by FakeBungo

Increase accuracy and increase recoil so that it is more dependent on player aim.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Increase accuracy and increase recoil so that it is more dependent on player aim.

yes

Imagine LO making zero-RNG weapons rn. - just like that, no other counterbalance.

It would be chaos and forums would be flooded with "pls nerf" threads for months to come.

Not like i'm in favour of this RNG mechanism but APB proved to be delicate game for changes and even subtle change in one weapon or car can create great problematic landslide.

Edited by Mitne

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

Imagine LO making zero-RNG weapons rn. - just like that, no other counterbalance.

It would be chaos and forums would be flooded with "pls nerf" threads for months to come.

Not like i'm in favour of this RNG mechanism but APB proved to be delicate game for changes and even subtle change in one weapon or car can create great problematic landslide.

Very true, but maybe once a higher player base arises (wishful thinking) they can deploy beta testing servers for drastic changes like minimizing RNG 

spread

bloom

enemy spread

enemy bloom

mission type

mission area

mission objective

out of mission player interference

spawn selection

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This.

2 hours ago, 404 said:

spread

bloom

enemy spread

enemy bloom

mission type

mission area

mission objective

out of mission player interference

spawn selection

And this.

For me, mission objectives, player spawn points, and out of mission interference like a garbage truck ramming you.

I do not find weapons to be RNG, except maybe shotguns. All weapons have a niche area they perform best in. The stats stay the same all mission. If you chose to use them out of that niche, it's not RNG if you fail, it was your decision to take a chance. Shotguns have such a limited range that it's hard to avoid using them outside that range, but you still chose to use the weapon.

13 hours ago, Flaws said:

This.

And this.

Just make the shooting like dirty bomb but not as quite accurate and some more recoil.

Sign in to follow this