R3ACT3M

Remove one thing!

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Medium item movement exploit

Why stop at just medium? You should say "item movement exploits" to cover heavy items as well.

We could also go into how item mechanics are broken in general. The core issue is the removal of item pickup animations, which make the jump+grab exploit (for medium and heavy items) and insta-grab while sprinting through (small items) possible. Course, the standard retort to this is that the animations don't work in our low TTK environment, but to that I simply say that having to actually rout the defenders before grabbing your items should be the expected norm in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Why stop at just medium? You should say "item movement exploits" to cover heavy items as well.

We could also go into how item mechanics are broken in general. The core issue is the removal of item pickup animations, which make the jump+grab exploit (for medium and heavy items) and insta-grab while sprinting through (small items) possible. Course, the standard retort to this is that the animations don't work in our low TTK environment, but to that I simply say that having to actually rout the defenders before grabbing your items should be the expected norm in the first place.

Heavy item jump sprint w/e its called was also "fixed" so i'm not really worried about it.

I do agree with the fact that they removed item pickup animations and that they "could" be reimplemented. Games have even lower TTK's than APB and have animations, so that's not even an excuse honestly. Missions need better drop locations for some of em, but there's no reason not to fix it. People say "fix mission locations then we don't need it", but even if they did fix the small handful of problem locations, they still wouldn't want it fixed.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Heavy item jump sprint w/e its called was also "fixed" so i'm not really worried about it.

Dunno what "fix" they attempted, but the exploit still works just fine. Hell, Kemp was using it on stream just the other day.

since we're getting rid of "exploits" that improve gameplay lets remove jump kicking doors too

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Dunno what "fix" they attempted, but the exploit still works just fine. Hell, Kemp was using it on stream just the other day.

They made it so that you couldn't sprint/jump with heavy items I thought, i haven't seen it done on heavy items since then in either, or did Kemp find a way to bypass it? If so he's the only person i've heard of who's done so.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

They made it so that you couldn't sprint/jump with heavy items I thought, i haven't seen it done on heavy items since then in either, or did Kemp find a way to bypass it? If so he's the only person i've heard of who's done so.

He wasn't sprint jumping, it was an extremely fast jump/pickup/drop cycle that let him move significantly faster than heavy items allow in normal carrying. The standard/normal exploit for the heavies that I've seen being used since beta. Sprint jumping is more of a thing for mediums, especially when trying to cross gaps in the environment (usually to put in hard-to-reach places).