Jump to content
Resine

Explosive range of Frage Grenade

Recommended Posts

On 5/11/2020 at 6:47 PM, Resine said:

Don't you think that explosive range of Frag nade is bit much?

Frag grenade covers 14m wide circle, dealing full 750 damage up to 8m wide circle.

From overall experience with it, being at both sides, throwing and being thrown at, it cover entire rooms, often being thrown together with teammates, leaving not much of a space to do anything.

From what we tested recently, if there are stairs, or standard size corridors if you react instantly sprinting away from Frag nade thrown in your direction - there is no running from it, you will take at least half the damage.

How amazing would it be to have skill requiring nades, one that needs a careful cooking and precision in throwing where receiving side could utilize room corner effectively to hide away taking no damage from lowly thrown nades.

I think the amount of dislikes you had on your post tells us something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 10:59 AM, ReaperTheButcher said:

I think the amount of dislikes you had on your post tells us something.

Yes, that forums are filled with low skill players that would be in trouble if they couldn't miss their grenades by 5 meters to kill their opponents anymore.

 

What a noob that Resine has to be, to expect of people to actually aim their nades, such an outrageous idea. Let's downvote, together with our Silver Brothers in arms we can protect our ways.

 

  • Dislike 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Resine said:

Yes, that forums are filled with low skill players that would be in trouble if they couldn't miss their grenades by 5 meters to kill their opponents anymore.

 

What a noob that Resine has to be, to expect of people to actually aim their nades, such an outrageous idea. Let's downvote, together with our Silver Brothers in arms we can protect our ways.

 

you are by all means a noob to me believe me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

you are by all means a noob to me believe me.

It's all right. I don't really care that much about some no name calling me noob or whatever he pleases.

I will tell you something though. During the years I made lots of threads about issues with weapons across the board.

About drop off range, nano, fbw, ntec, nhvr, quick switch, low yields, insta zoom nhvr when switching weapons, jumping scouts.

I was ganged up by army of weekend silvers every time. Down voted and offended. But looking at this from time's perspective almost everything I wrote about was fixed, patched. Usually later than sooner since G1 was slow as fuck to make changes, but I was right in the end.

So enjoy your no skill nades until they last.

 

It's funny though. All I see are down votes and rubbish. Not single of you haters gave me any logical argument why should we keep a grenade with you can miss both by 5 meters and still kill your opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Resine said:

~snip~

From my perspective grenade exp radius are fine.

Not sure how you want that proven, but most of the time if I die to a nade, I done goofed.

I can't remember a single time I felt a grenade exp radius was too large.

But that's just me.

 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 4:55 PM, CookiePuss said:

From my perspective grenade exp radius are fine.

Not sure how you want that proven, but most of the time if I die to a nade, I done goofed.

I can't remember a single time I felt a grenade exp radius was too large.

But that's just me.

 

SHHH. UNPOPULAR OPINION! (at least according to him)

I think I already showed APB DB info on both nades. If you study range to damage, grenades are the most balanced out of three weapons we got at disposal.

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Grenade_Frag , https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Grenade_Concussion )

There is also problem that frag nade is first nade unlocked to newbies. Even worst, additional nades (other than such as half-brick or 8 ball (ph....)) are locked behind grenadier role progression (one which you level up with... grenade kills, oh irony). So you nerf the most basic nade and basically prevent new players from gaining access to other options. He is next to people who would want for STAR to be nerfed in my opinion.

 

I was for a lot of nerfs but never in my life as OBT Veteran I though of grenades nerfs other than low yields... fuck that.

 

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I should have added "so long as limited in number, grenades haven't been a problem for me".

Regardless of damage radius, no one enjoyed their opp sitting on resupply spamming nades for an entire stage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 10:44 AM, Resine said:

It's all right. I don't really care that much about some no name calling me noob or whatever he pleases.

I will tell you something though. During the years I made lots of threads about issues with weapons across the board.

About drop off range, nano, fbw, ntec, nhvr, quick switch, low yields, insta zoom nhvr when switching weapons, jumping scouts.

I was ganged up by army of weekend silvers every time. Down voted and offended. But looking at this from time's perspective almost everything I wrote about was fixed, patched. Usually later than sooner since G1 was slow as fuck to make changes, but I was right in the end.

So enjoy your no skill nades until they last.

 

It's funny though. All I see are down votes and rubbish. Not single of you haters gave me any logical argument why should we keep a grenade with you can miss both by 5 meters and still kill your opponent.

I mean, i've done similar for each of those weapons and grendades, however I highly disagree that frags are too powerful. So please don't act all high and mighty, I've gone through the same bs with others. It doesn't however mean you are "always" right on everything you think to be wrong.

 

The logical argument is that they are balanced with their timer and damage. 7m is not too big of a blast radius, and min blast damage can be rather low. They have a fairly slow throw speed, with the timer of 4 seconds. You sprint at 6 m/s. Most times depending on distance you have at "least" 1 second to react which means depending on distance you have roughly 2s to react. meaning depending on where/how far you are from where they are throwing (such as whether it's an ambush grenade or not) you generally have plenty of time to react AND move from the blast radius. That is, as long as you know it's coming for you.

 

Player awareness is a massive thing that is necessary when playing against grenades. If you have no such awareness of grenades or cannot quickly identify it's fly angle and distance, you're going to suffer consistently because of it. That doesn't mean that the grenade is overpowered.

 

On 5/23/2020 at 10:55 AM, CookiePuss said:

From my perspective grenade exp radius are fine.

Not sure how you want that proven, but most of the time if I die to a nade, I done goofed.

I can't remember a single time I felt a grenade exp radius was too large.

But that's just me.

 

I can agree here, i can dislike conc hp damage or the existence of percs at times, but that doesn't make them broken.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Frags have never been an issue. They have been the same for the past 9 years. Why is this all of a sudden an issue? Maybe because of the nerf to yolos people are switching over to normal frags? Don't call for a nerf to it just because you're frustrated over it. Yes nades can be annoying but they are by no means broken. 

 

On 5/23/2020 at 10:55 AM, CookiePuss said:

From my perspective grenade exp radius are fine.

Not sure how you want that proven, but most of the time if I die to a nade, I done goofed.

I can't remember a single time I felt a grenade exp radius was too large.

But that's just me.

 

Pretty much what cookie said here ^

The only thing that is frustrating to me in the category of nades are percs. That includes before and after the yolo nerf which i though was also a poor change (they should have just lowered the nade count to 2).

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RespectThis said:

Frags have never been an issue. They have been the same for the past 9 years. Why is this all of a sudden an issue? Maybe because of the nerf to yolos people are switching over to normal frags? Don't call for a nerf to it just because you're frustrated over it. Yes nades can be annoying but they are by no means broken. 

 

Pretty much what cookie said here ^

The only thing that is frustrating to me in the category of nades are percs. That includes before and after the yolo nerf which i though was also a poor change (they should have just lowered the nade count to 2).

What he fails to understand is that if frags got nerfed, people would just start using the Percs and concs more Or just go back to YOLOs since frags wouldn't have a real advantage over them anymore. Then the process would start over again, Percs have already seen an increased used as of late, so, if Frags got nerfed, then percs would certaintly see even more usage.

 

And i highly doubt anyone would want to see percs become the top used grenades.

 

But if frags were nerfed, they'd also just be restricting new players from accessing other grenade types save for the four  that aren't locked by the role with stun nades being locked to LTL role and only to enforcer. If anything we'd probably be making the game even harder for new players, as it'd take them longer to unlock concs and percs, and that might lose a reliable means of pushing someone who's taking cover without getting shredded.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
19 hours ago, WEISSDEATH said:

What he fails to understand is that if frags got nerfed, people would just start using the Percs and concs more Or just go back to YOLOs

There is a lot of things you cannot do with percs that people are not aware of since from the beginning it was branded as "non meta silver panic button grenade", it wasn't meta because it's not as almighty as people think it is.

It's true potential lies in corner fights, when you and your enemy exchange bullets, and your opponent hides away behind the pillar - perfect opportunity for a kill with perc.

With it mid range, low speed, low damage and what's most important inability to blow up in mid air, it's bad for rushing, it's bad for decoy, or retreat, it's difficult to team up with them.

Although I would love to see changes about them, I think it deserves a different topic.

 

On 5/25/2020 at 10:53 AM, Mitne said:

I was for a lot of nerfs but never in my life as OBT Veteran I though of grenades nerfs other than low yields... fuck that.

  I have like what 5000hours across my characters, playing since the beginning? No need to brag about numbers nor dates, Imho understanding the concepts and analyzing different scenarios is more important than that.

The way things are, Frag has twice the maximum damage range of OPGL, you can miss both by over 5 meters (yes bloody tested that) and still kill your opponent. They define most fights, pretty much you initiate everything with a nade, then you try to find your luck with another one, maybe small gunfight here and there, or maybe not, lets try to resupply and try luck again?

The question is, what game APB is, the one you shoot to kill, or the one you spam explosives?

The only thing I am trying to propose is that YOU WOULD NOT KILL NOR DEAL MASSIVE DAMAGE WITH GRENADES THAT MISSED THEIR MARK BY BLOOD LOT, it's everything I typed about, tell me exactly how would that make this game worse? Because you would have to be better to make impactful plays with grenades? Is that the issue here?

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Resine said:

There is a lot of things you cannot do with percs that people are not aware of since from the beginning it was branded as "non meta silver panic button grenade", it wasn't meta because it's not as almighty as people think it is.

It's true potential lies in corner fights, when you and your enemy exchange bullets, and your opponent hides away behind the pillar - perfect opportunity for a kill with perc.

With it mid range, low speed, low damage and what's most important inability to blow up in mid air, it's bad for rushing, it's bad for decoy, or retreat, it's difficult to team up with them.

Although I would love to see changes about them, I think it deserves a different topic.

 

  I have like what 5000hours across my characters, playing since the beginning? No need to brag about numbers nor dates, Imho understanding the concepts and analyzing different scenarios is more important than that.

The way things are, Frag has twice the maximum damage range of OPGL, you can miss both by over 5 meters (yes bloody tested that) and still kill your opponent. They define most fights, pretty much you initiate everything with a nade, then you try to find your luck with another one, maybe small gunfight here and there, or maybe not, lets try to resupply and try luck again?

The question is, what game APB is, the one you shoot to kill, or the one you spam explosives?

The only thing I am trying to propose is that YOU WOULD NOT KILL NOR DEAL MASSIVE DAMAGE WITH GRENADES THAT MISSED THEIR MARK BY BLOOD LOT, it's everything I typed about, tell me exactly how would that make this game worse? Because you would have to be better to make impactful plays with grenades? Is that the issue here?

Okay; so explain to me this then, if they're bad for all of those and the frags arent nerfed, then why are they more common recently? Surely, with all of those faults why use them over other grenades? Again; my point isn't because of how "almighty" percs are.

If you look at whats going on now, with the OCA being nerfed and the NFAS being nerfed and the PMG now being the king of CQC with little to no competitors and is now being called to get a nerfed and is considered OP since everyone's using it now. If Frags got nerfed, Percs or even Concs, would suffer the same fate? Why? Because when something gets nerfed, everyone moves onto the next best thing. This is why you don't see YOLOs as much anymore, because they got nerfed and everyone wanted to use frags more(other then the fact its the starting grenade and everyone has access too it.). Hell, that's probably the reason why there's more percs usage recently because YOLOs got nerfed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 4:26 AM, Resine said:

Yes, that forums are filled with low skill players that would be in trouble if they couldn't miss their grenades by 5 meters to kill their opponents anymore.

 

What a noob that Resine has to be, to expect of people to actually aim their nades, such an outrageous idea. Let's downvote, together with our Silver Brothers in arms we can protect our ways.

 

its a grenade that has a timer , unless its a perc which explodes on contact of something.

low yield allows 3 to be carried the rest are 2 grenades. it hardly unbalances the game for players to die by a frag grenade that you want to nerf.

if you die by it when it must be timed , then don't blame the grenade for you standing there.

I mean what the heck were you looking at then? butterflies?

 

 

 

by the way here is my list of how i die by golds throwing grenades at me

 

number one reason by far : me driving at opponents. ( pretty much anyone dies this way by a grenade )

 

number two : me taking cover and a grenade gets used on me. ( pretty much this way for anyone as well )

 

number three : if  I'm dumb and hurt myself with my own grenade somehow

 

number four : cant think of any other way I die from them.

 

 

so no thank you to nerfing grenades

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 3:45 AM, Fortune Runner said:

its a grenade that has a timer , unless its a perc which explodes on contact of something.

low yield allows 3 to be carried the rest are 2 grenades. it hardly unbalances the game for players to die by a frag grenade that you want to nerf.

if you die by it when it must be timed , then don't blame the grenade for you standing there.

I mean what the heck were you looking at then? butterflies?

 

 

 

by the way here is my list of how i die by golds throwing grenades at me

 

number one reason by far : me driving at opponents. ( pretty much anyone dies this way by a grenade )

 

number two : me taking cover and a grenade gets used on me. ( pretty much this way for anyone as well )

 

number three : if  I'm dumb and hurt myself with my own grenade somehow

 

number four : cant think of any other way I die from them.

 

 

so no thank you to nerfing grenades

I don't, unless I am in tight spot and don't have 10 meters free space to run away.

 

Again I have no problems with grenades that hit directly or close by that do damage. Fine be me, you got surprised, you played dumb, you were greedy for a kill you got naded in the face you deserve all the damage it does. The only thing I propose we change is that grenades mostly frag will not take down over half of your HP if it's missed or avoided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Resine said:

I don't, unless I am in tight spot and don't have 10 meters free space to run away.

 

Again I have no problems with grenades that hit directly or close by that do damage. Fine be me, you got surprised, you played dumb, you were greedy for a kill you got naded in the face you deserve all the damage it does. The only thing I propose we change is that grenades mostly frag will not take down over half of your HP if it's missed or avoided.

If it's missed or avoided you wouldn't be taking that much damage from it. I've mained frags for years over all other grenades. I've seen it literally tickle players, other times it doesn't. I've never felt it was too powerful over other grenades.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2020 at 12:21 AM, Resine said:

I don't, unless I am in tight spot and don't have 10 meters free space to run away.

 

Again I have no problems with grenades that hit directly or close by that do damage. Fine be me, you got surprised, you played dumb, you were greedy for a kill you got naded in the face you deserve all the damage it does. The only thing I propose we change is that grenades mostly frag will not take down over half of your HP if it's missed or avoided.

 

On 5/28/2020 at 1:56 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

If it's missed or avoided you wouldn't be taking that much damage from it. I've mained frags for years over all other grenades. I've seen it literally tickle players, other times it doesn't. I've never felt it was too powerful over other grenades.

 

 

I'm assuming lag from a high amount of players lately has something to do with being hit anyways by those grenades.

Also two grenades doesn't equal a match killer. even 3 low yields does not. feels balanced just fine by many of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

 

 

 

I'm assuming lag from a high amount of players lately has something to do with being hit anyways by those grenades.

Also two grenades doesn't equal a match killer. even 3 low yields does not. feels balanced just fine by many of us.

Nah, its just people stopped spamming low yields so much. A lot of players are ineffective with grenades hence why low yields or percs, so when you face the small handful of players who actually "are" good with the frag, or the conc, and know how use cover for quick resupplies mid combat for more, it can feel "really" bad.

 

Low yields were too powerful via their damage output/radius, speed, and number, they nerfed the damage and they're fine now. Concs have a tiny radius and large damage output, percs have a decent radius and decent damage. No-one really complained about the frag, only ever the conc and low yields and percs. I guess it shouldn't be surprising that it was only a matter of time for someone to mention "frags"

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...