Selali

Patch Notes 1.20.0 (1185)

The ignorance of the NTEC mains is amazing. They can't see that the NTEC can do 3 things at once while most guns could barely do 2.

The NTEC is terrifiying at close range, dangerous at medium and lethal at long range.

And people still can't see that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nickolai said:

The ignorance of the NTEC mains is amazing. They can't see that the NTEC can do 3 things at once while most guns could barely do 2.

The NTEC is terrifiying at close range, dangerous at medium and lethal at long range.

i think theres more people complaining about ntec mains in this thread than people actually complaining about the new test a ntec nerf

On 12/4/2019 at 10:24 AM, Frosi said:

Not sure about you but the N-tec's cqc viability is what puts the gun out of line and makes it the most versatile assault rifle in the game. It was always meant to be the long range assault rifle, not a laser with tight max bloom in cqc that overshadows both the FAR / Star who are designed to shine in those closer encounters.

I mean, I agree, however max bloom likely won't change much.

This N-Tec 5 change alone wont change much but it's a good first step (imo) in making it fill it's role of a good longer range AR. Better than trying to turn it into some weird short range thing by taking away it's range

Needs at least one other tweak in my opinion but not sure what, I'm not keen on changing up the rate of fire. Less overdamage and a smaller mag seem like minor tweaks that should be thrown in despite not really changing much

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I mean, I agree, however max bloom likely won't change much.

It will make the full spray more inconsistent which means that it will require the user that commits to said spray to atleast hit the first 3 or so shots. It's going to require people to play well if they want to get away with it unlike the way it is right now on LIVE where you can miss the first few bullets and still get away with dealing atleast a decent amount of damage as the max bloom capped out after 3 shots and therefore was still extremely tight for fights within 10m~

9 hours ago, Frosi said:

It will make the full spray more inconsistent which means that it will require the user that commits to said spray to atleast hit the first 3 or so shots. It's going to require people to play well if they want to get away with it unlike the way it is right now on LIVE where you can miss the first few bullets and still get away with dealing atleast a decent amount of damage as the max bloom capped out after 3 shots and therefore was still extremely tight for fights within 10m~

Well, i know it'll make it more inconsistent but to what extent? For example, Cobr-a has a shot modifier cap of 4.0, is that 2.6 going to really matter "that" much for the ntec? Most people already burst or tap fire the ntec, so having a max bloom change is an extremely "niche" change, which I feel doesn't touch on the primary issue with the ntec.

However, at this point I suppose I should be happy that "anything" is happening to the ntec.

9 hours ago, Acornie said:

This N-Tec 5 change alone wont change much but it's a good first step (imo) in making it fill it's role of a good longer range AR. Better than trying to turn it into some weird short range thing by taking away it's range

Needs at least one other tweak in my opinion but not sure what, I'm not keen on changing up the rate of fire. Less overdamage and a smaller mag seem like minor tweaks that should be thrown in despite not really changing much

Bloom recovery reduction to 4.0 would probably be one of the best "nerfs" to happen to the ntec.

Smaller mag effectively does nothing, and overdamage barely matters anymore because you can't use HB on it though it would also be welcome for ranged engagements. They could tinker with the damage drop after 50m a little bit to assist with its domination in that niche instead and it would also be fine.

On 12/4/2019 at 8:27 PM, Nickolai said:

it's not that they can't see it, its that they don't care

Merged.

On 12/4/2019 at 6:36 AM, DJ_scully said:

I think the problem here is that 90% of the guns in the game openly lose to guns like the NTEC, ATAC, OCA, CR762, SR15 etc, making it really difficult to use what you actually want. The NTEC in itself isn't really that crazy of a gun, it is just REALLY good at doing a lot of things, which is almost impossible to find in something else (Don't quote some smart gun that you got 6 kills with that ONE time against Bronzes). People crutch on it so much, and its oppressive to vs, making it seem OP when its really about where it should be. Maybe we should be looking at changing some of the other guns in the game to cater for a faster play style, instead of trying to slow everything down. The game is meant to be played hard and fast, and it plays extremely well but only when you can actually compete against other people properly. I am not saying most guns are unusable, I am just saying in FC and silver districts, you will have a hard time getting kills against NTEC.

The game was created around a very long TTK, what the heck are you talking about "hard and fast". It's meant to be a coordinated team game, with a med to high ttk. People will have a hard time getting kills against NTEC because it's not properly balanced, and hasn't been for a looooong time.

Hi all,

We just became aware that the experimental test changes to the Showstopper accidentally got pushed to Live.

This was unintentional. I'll post on some of the other threads.

We plan to fix this and move the change to test as soon as possible.

However we've already had a lot of downtime today due to another issue, so I'm not going to take the game back down again this weekend.

Thanks,
Matt

• Thanks 1

Br0, can we at least have the new stats on it? Now I gotta go see how it is

(if only the Whisper and OCA-SD ttk fix would accidentally be pushed live, amirite)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We just became aware that the experimental test changes to the Showstopper accidentally got pushed to Live.

This was unintentional. I'll post on some of the other threads.

We plan to fix this and move the change to test as soon as possible.

However we've already had a lot of downtime today due to another issue, so I'm not going to take the game back down again this weekend.

Thanks,
Matt

Nicee....

5 hours ago, Acornie said:

Br0, can we at least have the new stats on it? Now I gotta go see how it is

(if only the Whisper and OCA-SD ttk fix would accidentally be pushed live, amirite)

image.png.cb81f7f9604264ab3383eeab7d57b5

On 12/4/2019 at 3:45 PM, GhosT said:

I don't think full auto and its CQC effectivity is its problem, the tap fire laser is.

If they want the N-Tec to be a mid-range weapon it may very well be a tap fire laser. As long as it doesn't routinely kill faster than other mid-range weapons and also doesn't kill as fast as CQC weapons at full-auto.

On 12/4/2019 at 4:24 PM, Frosi said:

Not sure about you but the N-tec's cqc viability is what puts the gun out of line and makes it the most versatile assault rifle in the game. It was always meant to be the long range assault rifle, not a laser with tight max bloom in cqc that overshadows both the FAR / Star who are designed to shine in those closer encounters.

Technically the STAR was supposed to be for longer range, while the N-Tec was supposed to be for shorter range. That's why the N-Tec has a lower TTK. But sometime during development someone decided that apparently the N-Tec should be both, while the STAR should somewhat be neither (that's when the STAR was still working similar to what the LCR is now, but with much less range and accuracy).

When Gamersfirst took over they had the chance to fix this issue, but for some reason they only turned the STAR into a slightly weaker version of what we have today and kept the N-Tec as it was.

• Like 1