Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
yungflyninja

Uncap fps for players who can utilize above 144fps

Recommended Posts

I currently own a ASUS ROG 300hz monitor that isn't currently being sold and my pc is good enough to run the game at the highest fps possible. Thank U scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

Thank you.

 

- Azukii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, blky said:

I currently own a ASUS ROG 300hz monitor that isn't currently being sold and my pc is good enough to run the game at the highest fps possible. Thank U scott

 

APB Was always capped at 101 before, because going higher would cause physics issues, as physics of APB are tied to the Framerate, it was already very bad, when we did the switch to 101fps to 144

 

So i belive that the reason the game is capped is more than just framerates.

Edited by Ketog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 3:27 PM, Azukii said:

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

Thank you.

 

- Azukii

thank u

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 7:55 PM, blky said:

I currently own a ASUS ROG 300hz monitor that isn't currently being sold and my pc is good enough to run the game at the highest fps possible. Thank U scott

 

there's a way to do that actually, I have a 60hz monitor (overclocked to 80hz) and i capped my fps to 122 (i didn't try 144 yet)

 

You have to use CRU (custom resolution utility) in order to create a new FAKE RESOLUTION with 144hz (i only tried 120hz).

 

So i did this:

 

I made a new resolution 1024x768 (the one I use in apb) and I put 120hz instead of 60hz, so now I have 60hz, 80hz and 120hz.

 

APB thinks I own a 120hz monitor when I actually have a 60hz monitor overclocked to 80hz.

 

For example: you have a 60hz monitor, u will make a new fake resolution with 144hz (again, i didn't try 144hz yet) but u will keep playing at 60hz but with 144fps capped.

 

 

Right now I'm playing with 122fps capped but I'm using a 80hz resolution.

 

 

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2019 at 4:13 PM, Uhtdred said:

 

there's a way to do that actually, I have a 60hz monitor (overclocked to 80hz) and i capped my fps to 122 (i didn't try 144 yet)

 

You have to use CRU (custom resolution utility) in order to create a new FAKE RESOLUTION with 144hz (i only tried 120hz).

 

So i did this:

 

I made a new resolution 1024x768 (the one I use in apb) and I put 120hz instead of 60hz, so now I have 60hz, 80hz and 120hz.

 

APB thinks I own a 120hz monitor when I actually have a 60hz monitor overclocked to 80hz.

 

For example: you have a 60hz monitor, u will make a new fake resolution with 144hz (again, i didn't try 144hz yet) but u will keep playing at 60hz but with 144fps capped.

 

 

Right now I'm playing with 122fps capped but I'm using a 80hz resolution.

 

 

Hello  Uhtred, thank you for your interest but my game is capped at the highest fps which is 145

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 2:05 AM, blky said:

Hello  Uhtred, thank you for your interest but my game is capped at the highest fps which is 145

This, to my understanding in the limitation set in the engine. No way to bypass this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any computer able to run APB with more than stable 144fps during gunfights ? (without potato graphics modifications i mean)

Moreover, FPS instability would highly degrade your game experience, trust me. The best to do is to keep your FPS capped at a correct framerate depending on your PC specs, so your FPS rate won't do something like 150->90->120->70 which is a pain in the *ss when trying to aim.

Edited by rSyk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 6:31 AM, plainawful said:

This, to my understanding in the limitation set in the engine. No way to bypass this. 

Hopefully in the engine upgrade it is uncapped. I saw a pic of matt scott once ingame and his game was at like 160fps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently there's a bug that causes your character to slide instead of stopping if the fps is over 120.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Currently there's a bug that causes your character to slide instead of stopping if the fps is over 120.

yeah it gets me killed constantly because my bloom opens up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...