Sign in to follow this  
Westford

A genuinely sad moment

I kind of felt bad for this young gamer.

A professional Fortnite player has been permanently banned from playing the hugely popular video game for cheating.

Jarvis Kaye, who is a member of the eSports team FaZe Clan, revealed in an emotional YouTube video that he received the ban for uploading videos that showed him using aimbots in the game in order to improve the accuracy of his shooting.

He told his nearly 2 million subscribers that he was unaware that such actions would lead to a ban.

“All I was thinking about whilst I was making those videos was just how entertaining and interesting these videos would be for you guys to watch,” Mr Kaye said. 

“It didn’t even cross my mind to think that I could be banned for life from Fortnite from those videos. I just want to be clear that this is the first time that I have ever done anything like this and of course I have never done this in a competitive game mode at all.”

Full Story with short clip:  Link

The fact that he was part of a professional eSports team makes this even more of a harsh reality.

• Like 1

Sad indeed.  Welp, looks like he's gonna have to get a real job now.

Update:

Epic Games responds to ban reversal plea:

Epic Games explain decision to permanently ban FaZe Jarvis on Fortnite

Mother of banned player responds:

Mother Of Fortnite Pro Jarvis Kaye Hits Out At Gaming Community After Her Son Was Banned For Life

Jarvis Kaye rakes in £20,000 from YouTube apology video:

Banned Brit Fortnite player FaZe Jarvis ‘made £20,000 from YouTube apology video’

PAYS TO PLAY:

Inside Fortnite cheat FaZe Jarvis’ £11.6million Hollywood Hills mansion with 10 bedrooms, cinema and a stripper pole

I don't think the mother realizes the potential revenue loss a gaming company might suffer from cheaters.

He is a very popular streamer with over 200k followers on YouTube and Twitch.

Some in the playerbase complain that other popular streamers that cheated had only received 2 week suspensions,

and that this lifelong ban was excessive.

Edited by Westford

I seem to remember seeing someone saying that the ban was excessive due to his age.  Really, I have trouble with thinking that any ban is excessive.  It's their game, their servers, their house.  If they don't want him there anymore, then nobody has any business saying otherwise.

And the dude's mom even pleaded on his behalf.  It's pathetic.  When I was that age, if I got in trouble or banned from somewhere, I had to suck it up and move on.

Let's hope he learns from this valuable lesson and becomes a better person - one who does not think it's okay to cheat.

And if this discourages just one out of his millions of followers from cheating, then even better.

Poor boy he didnt know it was bad... companies sometimes are abusive. I got emotional.

Sign in to follow this