Sign in to follow this  
RunicDeath

Friend requests

Friend list requests.  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Friend list: Friend request Accept / Deny? (Read description)

• Add this so there won't be people adding you without your knowing.
    • Nah, I don't care who adds me..

Hey guys. 

Description about the question: 

Adding friends (right now) is simple, add a name and that's it. Other player won't even know you've added him, kinda good for stalking and do sh*t to other player you hate.. 

But my question about this, if the person wants to add you, you have to approve the friend request (seen that in most games I've played).

IMO, I don't like this that players knows in which district I am so they can annoy me or anything.

PLUS this can be good thing for Hide&Seek events, no one know in which district you are, so there's alot of places and districts you can hide (of course the rewards will be great, if someone would wanna make it)

So, what's your opinion on this one?

I think if you hate someone so much that you have to stalk them, then that's pathetic and a waste of time.

It's just going to result in a harassment claim and a potential ban.

I can't say in my time on APB that I've had someone use the friend system like this but if it has happened, and it is that bad the why not have blocks over ride friends so that friend that block you don't show up as online?

People keep making convoluted suggestions for every little niggle in this game and is it necessary.

APB has long needed something like this or a privacy function when it comes to online status regarding streamsniping or harassment.

Wouldn't stop people using the /who function while hopping districts but it'd be a great start, especially if we see bigger streamers returning to the game.

Edited by Kiida
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiida said:

regarding streamsniping or harassment.

especially if we see bigger streamers returning to the game.

Exactly this 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiida said:

APB has long needed something like this or a privacy function when it comes to online status regarding streamsniping or harassment.

Wouldn't stop people using the /who function while hopping districts but it'd be a great start, especially if we see bigger streamers returning to the game.

it's not hard to streamsnipe because someone is streaming, so that change to the friend request wouldn't really help preventing it.

Just now, LilyV3 said:

it's not hard to streamsnipe because someone is streaming, so that change to the friend request wouldn't really help preventing it.

As it stands right now, anyone can add you to friends list to see which district you're in and then follow you around. It can also be done through the search function, which honestly needs to be removed anyway.

If you can't find which district a player is on then it's harder to streamsnipe. Full districts and lack of queue system are the only things helping prevent it right now.

1 minute ago, Kiida said:

As it stands right now, anyone can add you to friends list to see which district you're in and then follow you around. It can also be done through the search function, which honestly needs to be removed anyway.

If you can't find which district a player is on then it's harder to streamsnipe. Full districts and lack of queue system are the only things helping prevent it right now.

maybe but still if you watch someones stream you know where he is and  just hopping the districts going to his locations would reveal quickly if hes there. Also the /who or /pop which shows the people on the server would alos have to be gone then. otherwise you just se the district, hop through all financials using the chat command to see if you are on the right one.

But then, should we really have these features remaovd because of some bad apples?  can we again "not have nice things"?

2 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

maybe but still if you watch someones stream you know where he is and  just hopping the districts going to his locations would reveal quickly if hes there. Also the /who or /pop which shows the people on the server would alos have to be gone then. otherwise you just se the district, hop through all financials using the chat command to see if you are on the right one.

But then, should we really have these features remaovd because of some bad apples?  can we again "not have nice things"?

Most streamers have the game hidden until after they've joined a district anyway. At least that's what I do. It's the only thing I've been able to do to counter streamsnipers in the past (and trust me, I suffered from a lot of it). I don't see the point of having the /who feature anymore either. All of the above just causes more harm than good when it comes to streamers, and if someone like Summit comes back then it's gonna be nothing more than another shit fest for them.

It's harder for them to take action on people streamsniping than it is to make a few tiny changes like this, and will improve on a lot of the playerbase's toxicity problems.

Kiida said nuff, we really need a thing like this to prevent harassment from people.

48 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

/pop would not need to be removed, as long as the streamer doesn't type /pop then the streamsniper won't know which district to go to, assuming search is removed and adding friends requires requests. /who really doesn't need to exist. The only thing I can think of is to check if a GM is in the district or something like that but they can just get a logo on the map similar to P5 and N5.

1 hour ago, Kiida said:

Most streamers have the game hidden until after they've joined a district anyway. At least that's what I do. It's the only thing I've been able to do to counter streamsnipers in the past (and trust me, I suffered from a lot of it). I don't see the point of having the /who feature anymore either. All of the above just causes more harm than good when it comes to streamers, and if someone like Summit comes back then it's gonna be nothing more than another shit fest for them.

It's harder for them to take action on people streamsniping than it is to make a few tiny changes like this, and will improve on a lot of the playerbase's toxicity problems.

maybe an opt out form the feature exists, in the end streamsniping you without these information wouldn't be hard takes at best 10minutes. maybe less - depending on how many districts are up.

Edited by LilyV3