Sign in to follow this  
HardStyler3

Something fucked up my apb performance

so ive wanted to play some apb again yesterday and ive now have framedrops from 120+ fps to 5 fps and crazy stuttering 

and there are 2 changes that happened between now and last time ive played

1. easy anticheat got added to apb 

i have a ryzen 7 2700x and to get most of the performance possible from the cpu you need to set affinity and set specific cores to the game 

(this doesnt work anymore because easy anticheat blocks every cpu affinity or core affinity changes and even programms like process lasso that optimize cpu distribution get completely blocked)

2. ive changed my vega 56 amd gpu against a new Navi 5700xt gpu 

this is something else ive changed but i dont think its the problem because the gpu sits at like 200-500mhz when i am ingame in apb so it gets stalled by the cpu that doesnt give it enough work

the normal boost clock of the gpu in Black Desert Online for example is like 1900mhz so its basically sitting idle

if the frames boost up to 120 fps when i dont move the mouse the clock also only goes up to 700mhz

so is there something i can do or can you devs work together with me to fix performance for either ryzen cpus or navi gpus if we can find out what the error is.

thanks for the help in advance

15 hours ago, HardStyler3 said:

so ive wanted to play some apb again yesterday and ive now have framedrops from 120+ fps to 5 fps and crazy stuttering 

and there are 2 changes that happened between now and last time ive played

1. easy anticheat got added to apb 

i have a ryzen 7 2700x and to get most of the performance possible from the cpu you need to set affinity and set specific cores to the game 

(this doesnt work anymore because easy anticheat blocks every cpu affinity or core affinity changes and even programms like process lasso that optimize cpu distribution get completely blocked)

2. ive changed my vega 56 amd gpu against a new Navi 5700xt gpu 

this is something else ive changed but i dont think its the problem because the gpu sits at like 200-500mhz when i am ingame in apb so it gets stalled by the cpu that doesnt give it enough work

the normal boost clock of the gpu in Black Desert Online for example is like 1900mhz so its basically sitting idle

if the frames boost up to 120 fps when i dont move the mouse the clock also only goes up to 700mhz

so is there something i can do or can you devs work together with me to fix performance for either ryzen cpus or navi gpus if we can find out what the error is.

thanks for the help in advance

The fps issue is something they introduced 2 patches ago, resolved last patch and introduced it again this patch, Has nothing to do with your GPU clock or CPU Clock, i have the same problem as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cheater said:

The fps issue is something they introduced 2 patches ago, resolved last patch and introduced it again this patch, Has nothing to do with your GPU clock or CPU Clock, i have the same problem as well.

so the game is basically unplayable for you too?

19 minutes ago, HardStyler3 said:

so the game is basically unplayable for you too?

True, I get fps dips from 145 to 120 in the character screen selection screen, as well as in the game it self, Camera keeps stuttering all the time.

1 hour ago, cheater said:

True, I get fps dips from 145 to 120 in the character screen selection screen, as well as in the game it self, Camera keeps stuttering all the time.

so we have exactly the same error i guess i am happy that i am not the only one and that it has nothing to do with my setup because every other game runs perfectly fine

@MattScott is there something we can do to help identify the issue or something

I already informed him, Now we just have to wait another week for a fix. 2 bad it cant be done in an emergency patch.

Merged.

In the character selection screen 🙂

Edited by cheater

Disable power saving features for your GPU and see if that fixes it temporarily.

12 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Disable power saving features for your GPU and see if that fixes it temporarily.

like i said in my posts above every other game runs perfectly fine

CSGO 400+fps 

League of Legends 150+ fps

Black Desert Online 100+ fps 

PUBG 100+ fps

no fps drops no stutter at all only apb is not playable at all