Sign in to follow this  
Darkzero3802

Make A Server Selection Option For NA and EU

At this point in time and with the game population at an all time low I think its time we ended server segregation. Allow characters made in Jericho to connect into Citadel and vice versa this way everyone can connect to the server they want and can populate both servers to allow for more options in game play. There are so few people that your always facing the same players and many game modes such as FC and Riot cant be played due to nobody playing them. Unless something is done NOW and not later when its too late maybe there will be enough players still playing to warrant this engine upgrade.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, itsRby said:

... Ever heard of conflicting names ?

Thats something that could be resolved

Heh. Tried bringing this up multiple times over the years to no avail. 

At the very least I've always wanted to see options for servers in different areas for the two servers. A ton of players were chased off during the server merges a ways back. Practically everyone I knew on Joker bailed once they saw how much higher their ping was on Jericho. Server went from being highly populated to lower than the suffering Colby server they merged it with. Was downright awful. 

1 minute ago, Genobee said:

Heh. Tried bringing this up multiple times over the years to no avail. 

At the very least I've always wanted to see options for servers in different areas for the two servers. A ton of players were chased off during the server merges a ways back. Practically everyone I knew on Joker bailed once they saw how much higher their ping was on Jericho. Server went from being highly populated to lower than the suffering Colby server they merged it with. Was downright awful. 

It was merged due to the same ongoing issue, population. Yes being further away from the server means ull have more ping but the population didnt support a NA east and west. It no longer supports server segregation at all and doing this can increase the population of both servers depending on the time of day and its as better option then merging Jericho and Citadel together.

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

It was merged due to the same ongoing issue, population. Yes being further away from the server means ull have more ping but the population didnt support a NA east and west. It no longer supports server segregation at all and doing this can increase the population of both servers depending on the time of day and its as better option then merging Jericho and Citadel together.

..that isn't true at all. Joker had a rather large population going for it. One that drastically outpaced the Colby population - the one that was being merged due to low pop. Problem was they chose a brand new location that sucked for both parties involved. Result? A total population roughly equivalent to Colby prior to the merge. It was a hilariously poor idea on G1's part. Yet they never acknowledged it or did a damn thing to fix it. 

2 minutes ago, Genobee said:

..that isn't true at all. Joker had a rather large population going for it. One that drastically outpaced the Colby population - the one that was being merged due to low pop. Problem was they chose a brand new location that sucked for both parties involved. Result? A total population roughly equivalent to Colby prior to the merge. It was a hilariously poor idea on G1's part. Yet they never acknowledged it or did a damn thing to fix it. 

Did G1 ever make any attempt to fix anything, listen to us or have good ideas?

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Lol

#justaddserverselect

Gottem. It's like these nerds don't understand the concept of separate databases

4 minutes ago, Acornie said:

Gottem. It's like these nerds don't understand the concept of separate databases

Tell me, would you rather be playing with roughly 500 ppl or 200 on a good day in Jericho.

Just now, Acornie said:

It's enough to drive a man insane...

Dear LO,

Add server select

Merge servers

Add bots

Fix matchmaking

Fix threat

Fix netcode

Fix DDoS

Fix ARMAS

Fix tutorial

Add ban broadcasts

Remove JMB

Fix dethreating

Give crims LTL

Balance vehicles

Balance weapons

Etc etc

Oh and btw, if we find out you are working on ANYTHING but 3.5 we are all going to lose our fucking minds. 

-the community

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Allow characters made in Jericho to connect into Citadel and vice versa

i don’t think you understand what you’re  asking for lol

Edited by Glaciers
typo

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Tell me, would you rather be playing with roughly 500 ppl or 200 on a good day in Jericho.

I'd like a lot of things tbh, but it's not as simple as 'adding a server select', I don't even pretend to know much about servers but I do know data is stored on the server you chose. Being able to reconfigure the servers' core setup for this to feasible would not be an easy task, and I don't expect it to happen soon, making it sound as if it's as simple as 'adding a button' or the biggest issue is name conflictions is silly

14 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

Im pretty sure im aware

11 minutes ago, Acornie said:

I'd like a lot of things tbh, but it's not as simple as 'adding a server select', I don't even pretend to know much about servers but I do know data is stored on the server you chose. Being able to reconfigure the servers' core setup for this to feasible would not be an easy task, and I don't expect it to happen soon, making it sound as if it's as simple as 'adding a button' or the biggest issue is name conflictions is silly

im sure its not easy but not that hard either. And and name conflictions isnt something thats impossible to resolve. The point here is that somethings got to give as the population is very poor and something needs to be done. Even if the engine comes out the pop is too low to really have any quality gameplay.

14 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Im pretty sure im aware

then why are you talking about a project nearly as large as the engine upgrade as if it’s a button they can push and have completed?

Edited by Glaciers
typo

22 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

then why are you talking about a project nearly as large as the engine upgrade as if it’s a button they can push and have completed?

Because one way or another something like this is going to happen? Look at Hahn and Nekrova when they got this low.

4 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Because one way or another something like this is going to happen? Look at Hahn and Nekrova when they got this low.

a manually completed one-time server merge is entirely different from a unified login server with regional instances 

58 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

Edited by Glaciers
typo

Just now, Glaciers said:

a manually completed one-time server merge is entirely different from a unified login server with regional instances 

Im well aware its different but which is the option that will retain more players, having both servers or merging both as to where your forced to play in EU all the time?

7 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Are you asking for a server merge or cross-server communication?  The former is doable, the latter difficult.

Annnnd you guys are faster typers than me.  😉  Anyhow, I don't think anyone is disagreeing that cross server playability is bad, just that it's way more than LO can handle right now.

Edited by MooTownSnacker

Just now, MooTownSnacker said:

Are you asking for a server merge or cross-server communication?  The former is doable, the latter difficult.

Cross-server functionality. As I just stated which will retain more players?

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Im well aware its different but which is the option that will retain more players, having both servers or merging both as to where your forced to play in EU all the time?

there won’t be any player retention with what you’re asking for since it likely can’t even be started until the engine upgrade is released, and once the engine upgrade is released we need a series of smaller fixes instead of putting the whole team on another background project that players won’t see for a year and a half 

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

there won’t be any player retention with what you’re asking for since it likely can’t even be started until the engine upgrade is released, and once the engine upgrade is released we need a series of smaller fixes instead of putting the whole team on another background project that players won’t see for a year and a half 

There would be more then a merge, nobody in US wants 100+ extra ping added just to play in EU

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

There would be more then a merge, nobody in US wants 100+ extra ping added just to play in EU

i didn’t say anything about a merge but it’s nice to know you agree it would be more than a merge, which means more than the 6+ months of time it’s taking to merge nekrova with citadel 

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

i didn’t say anything about a merge but it’s nice to know you agree it would be more than a merge, which means more than the 6+ months of time it’s taking to merge nekrova with citadel 

Nekrova is its own entity due to the special items it has. If LO just added those into US and EU it would have been simpler

Sign in to follow this