Sorry LO but u failing. I know in fe past few months been tough for game but its all failing from my veiw. I love this game and hate to see it go down but is it worth the effort u guy trying to put into this game. To me past 30 or so days I seen a big player drop even with ur free comander active players not finding game worth it for some reason. As of now i can barely log in daily without character problems and seems to be getting worse. My opinion quit and start over new. It be easier to start a Fallen Earth 2 plus all past reworx of mmo games never work .

I will probly be getting alot negative feedback for this but i think best ivestment be in a fe 2

• Thanks 1

Are you going to pay for them to quit and start over? Do you realise the costs involved?

It isn't as simple as some would like to think.

• Like 2

All this "effort" LO is doing is mostly just PR. There is one dude working on Fallen Earth, hence why there has been no progress in a year

I find the "reworks of past MMOs never work" to be a little strange. If they're half-hearted attempts to con a new playerbase (lookin' at you, Defiance) then sure, they're going to be bad. But plenty of MMOs have had work done that bring mostly-dead games back to profitability and make them sustainable again. Look at how Star Trek Online has become a content machine - that's not because that game floundered and never came back. 

Anyway, I'm not super surprised LO hasn't devoted more than one person's staff time to the project until they sort through the code base and assets. You can't jump into a big project before you do a needs assessment and I don't know that you'd get better results with more people on it at this early stage. Gotta see what's still viable and what's not first. 

• Thanks 1

What about farts, what's your opinion of those?  Do you feel they're sassy.... OR JUST classy?

On 7/10/2019 at 8:03 AM, Ronald said:

What about farts, what's your opinion of those?  Do you feel they're sassy.... OR JUST classy?

Hmmm hard to pick an answer there.  How about you choose and we will all agree you are right.

well i log in togame a month later and its dead so what? only thing bring people back is something new.  Dracio u always gotta be on everyones comments but u never put any effort to helpthe game just back lash suggest something helpp it out anything. u as bad eric cloud in game. U part og the toxic to game.

On 8/7/2019 at 3:55 PM, Twisted Sick said:

well i log in togame a month later and its dead so what? only thing bring people back is something new.  Dracio u always gotta be on everyones comments but u never put any effort to helpthe game just back lash suggest something helpp it out anything. u as bad eric cloud in game. U part og the toxic to game.

If you consider logical thinking as toxic and banter between like minded individuals as an issue perhaps single player games are better for you.

If you post something on the forums you have to be prepared that others may have different opinions or ideas to your own.

LO bought a game that is old, bugged, a complete mess, has a dying population. I'm always amazed they still keep the game running considering the fact it is costing them money to do so as the income derived from the game doesn't even cover costs, as LO has stated before.

If you bother to check older posts of mine you will find many ideas put forth. In the old forums there were even more ideas. Eric is a good friend of mine and known to help players in need of assistance. If you have issues with Eric that has nothing to do with me but my guess would be you both had different ideas on a topic and your negative feelings have progressed from there. Perhaps you could try and speak to each other as adults, listening to each others points of view and respecting them. Even if you do not agree with someone you can still learn to get along. Name calling is rarely productive.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dracio said:

LO bought a game that is old, bugged, a complete mess, has a dying population. 

Nothing worse than having a bad day and then checking the forums to find out that I'm dying. 😨 What a bummer!

23 hours ago, Invisoseen said:

Nothing worse than having a bad day and then checking the forums to find out that I'm dying. 😨 What a bummer!

Well now you have time to prepare, you're welcome 🤣

I must agree that this version of Fallen Earth is barely worth further development. You would have to completely fix the PvP system, fix stack splitting, end the lag issues completely, and then advertise like crazy that the game is fixed - just to get a fraction of the old players back, and maybe a handful of new players.

I've been suggesting, since Mat took over, that they focus on developing FE2; recycling assets where possible on a new engine. That way, it can be released as a NEW game, utilizing the best FTP strategy available with cosmetic purchases (using fortnite as the best example to follow).

THEN, once the new game is launched and bugs eliminated - if profits can justify - revamp the old FE by placing it within the new game engine. Hopefully that new engine would be built with the intention of easily importing (well, as best as possible) the old assets to the new engine. Then the die hard players can get a nostalgic taste of the old days, while alternatively roaming the new wastelands on FE2.

Here is why I think this is the best strategy:

- it's almost the same amount of work to rebuild the old mess as to start over on a new engine

- they are spending more time cleaning up the old graphics than I would spend creating new graphics

- the flavor of the game was tainted by a poorly managed development team 3-4 years before Matt took over and would need to be backtracked anyways (example: the devs as bosses in Dome doesn't fit the story at all)

- the PvP Bloodsports was never really good and needs to be completely redone anyways (since PvP was the heart and soul of the game when it was popular)

- the VALUE of developing new assets (cosmetic items) in a new game is much more than the value of developing new assets in an old game; it's the same amount of development time!

- and finally, Matt can put his own flavor on the newly designed game, rather than tasting the foul flavor of the old devs forever

METAPHOR ALERT!

Basically, at some point in time I had to let my old car go because it was more expensive to maintain and fix it than it was to go buy a new one. And now I'm enjoying the new car smell every time I get in.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 11:24 AM, Drake Dragoon said:

I must agree that this version of Fallen Earth is barely worth further development. You would have to completely fix the PvP system, fix stack splitting, end the lag issues completely, and then advertise like crazy that the game is fixed - just to get a fraction of the old players back, and maybe a handful of new players.

I've been suggesting, since Mat took over, that they focus on developing FE2; recycling assets where possible on a new engine. That way, it can be released as a NEW game, utilizing the best FTP strategy available with cosmetic purchases (using fortnite as the best example to follow).

THEN, once the new game is launched and bugs eliminated - if profits can justify - revamp the old FE by placing it within the new game engine. Hopefully that new engine would be built with the intention of easily importing (well, as best as possible) the old assets to the new engine. Then the die hard players can get a nostalgic taste of the old days, while alternatively roaming the new wastelands on FE2.

Here is why I think this is the best strategy:

- it's almost the same amount of work to rebuild the old mess as to start over on a new engine

- they are spending more time cleaning up the old graphics than I would spend creating new graphics

- the flavor of the game was tainted by a poorly managed development team 3-4 years before Matt took over and would need to be backtracked anyways (example: the devs as bosses in Dome doesn't fit the story at all)

- the PvP Bloodsports was never really good and needs to be completely redone anyways (since PvP was the heart and soul of the game when it was popular)

- the VALUE of developing new assets (cosmetic items) in a new game is much more than the value of developing new assets in an old game; it's the same amount of development time!

- and finally, Matt can put his own flavor on the newly designed game, rather than tasting the foul flavor of the old devs forever

METAPHOR ALERT!

Basically, at some point in time I had to let my old car go because it was more expensive to maintain and fix it than it was to go buy a new one. And now I'm enjoying the new car smell every time I get in.

The game has worked very well in the past and since it was updated with the "gores" patch everything has gone bad.

Building a fallen earth 2 will cost a lot and I doubt it's as good as the original fallen earth in its good times.

The graphics are not equivalent to "gameplay" in a game, and with that we have many examples of "old games" that today have thousands of online players.

A comment that I see that you put "bloodsports" has not worked and I have to tell you that you are totally wrong, since until 2012 there were active Bloodsports at all levels and without waiting (if there is so much activity it means that people did not stop playing it so it worked)

What I mean about Bloodsports is: the level designs are poor quality, there are too many problems with rubber-banding, glitching in walls, client/server delays which make it appear as if a player is around a corner when they get shot so they call you a hacker.... etc etc. The whole thing needs to be redone. Sure people played it, but it was never impressive by any standard. And only 1 of the game modes were ever played steadily. The other modes were ignored for the most part. Faction PvP is where PvP shined in this game (imo).

On 7/9/2019 at 3:03 PM, Ronald said:

Sassy when she does it, Classy when I do it.