Sign in to follow this  
CaptainSloth2Guns

If you have a plan LO .... and behold

Let me introduce myself. I am Ted🤔 or is it Bernard! "Had a couple so can't really remember" until the morning, or probably dinner time.

I won't bash or kick you in the balls as everyone is capable of doing so and its not constructive. All of us could give you so many reasons why APB is failing so hard.

Surely matchmaking  should have been your top priority in bringing back the game and if you are incapable  of doing  so  then the game is doomed.

Best regards.

Rodger

Edited by CaptainSloth2Guns
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't know why they can't inrease the population cap for districts from 80 to 100 for example

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nikitos5 said:

I don't know why they can't inrease the population cap for districts from 80 to 100 for example

That would still be irrelevant to matchmaking.

1 minute ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

That would still be irrelevant to matchmaking.

More people to match -> more balanced matches?

• Like 2

the only way to truly solve matchmaking issues is with the phasing mechanic, which is off the table until 3.5

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

Surely matchmaking  should have been your top priority

to fix matchmaking with the current engine that cant fix matchmaking which is why matchmaking is busted......

2 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

the only way to truly solve matchmaking issues is with the phasing mechanic, which is off the table until 3.5

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

to fix matchmaking with the current engine that cant fix matchmaking which is why matchmaking is busted......

I work in the IT industry. Are you both experts in the APB code I'd  love to hear how this will be fixed and what is your expertise in 3.5?

Just now, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

I work in the IT industry. Are you both experts in the APB code I'd  love to hear how this will be fixed and what is your expertise in 3.5?

it was announced and reposted enough times about what is coming with phasing and why the community thinks  its the best answer and I remember you were on some of those threads.

you said you were IT then as well.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

it was announced and reposted enough times about what is coming with phasing and why the community thinks  its the best answer and I remember you were on some of those threads.

you said you were IT then as well.

Nope! I definitely did not. But a link would be good.

16 minutes ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

seamless instance transfer is not possible on the current engine unless (assumption) added via excessive custom coding - the very same thing that causes many of apb’s current issues

Edited by Glaciers
typo

I will give you this......

You both sound so mmmmm that if LO told you they couldn't achieve matchmaking because it needed  4.0 you would still believe in it.

6 minutes ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

1 minute ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

You both sound so mmmmm that if LO told you they couldn't achieve matchmaking because it needed  4.0 you would still believe in it.

Ten years worth of APB current engine coding and a spaghetti mess but oh we would believe Little Orbit just because?

You do not sound like I.T.

6 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Ten years worth of APB current engine coding and a spaghetti mess but oh we would believe Little Orbit just because?

You do not sound like I.T.

You definitely sound like a pleb. In IT many instances go wrong and it is  individuals and teams who work on the code and often with  much skill or are lazy. Excuses work so well for the inadequate.

9 minutes ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

obviously not as they’ve already told us that phasing is possible after the engine upgrade

from my non “industry” knowledge, i assume the problem isn’t really the underlying engine but how much of a mess all the custom coding (open world districts, day/night cycles, customization systems, etc) piled on top of it is - to change something that affects so many other pieces would introduce so many unintended effects that it’s just not currently feasible 

if your “industry” experience can shed some light on this topic perhaps you should chime in, instead of being a passive aggressive monkey

has anyone have any proof to the fact they can't fix the match making based on the "engine" that just doesn't make sense to me, seeing as older games have fine matchmaking. 

2 hours ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

Let me introduce myself. I am Ted🤔 or is it Bernard! "Had a couple so can't really remember" until the morning, or probably dinner time.

I won't bash or kick you in the balls as everyone is capable of doing so and its not constructive. All of us could give you so many reasons why APB is failing so hard.

Surely matchmaking  should have been your top priority in bringing back the game and if you are incapable  of doing  so  then the game is doomed.

Best regards.

Rodger

Not sure if trolling, or just that poorly informed. 

.. honestly. 

If  I told you was a knob in 3.0 and that you was going to be a bigger knob in 3.5

Would you believe? 🤣

12 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

obviously not as they’ve already told us that phasing is possible after the engine upgrade

from my non “industry” knowledge, i assume the problem isn’t really the underlying engine but how much of a mess all the custom coding (open world districts, day/night cycles, customization systems, etc) piled on top of it is - to change something that affects so many other pieces would introduce so many unintended effects that it’s just not currently feasible 

if your “industry” experience can shed some light on this topic perhaps you should chime in, instead of being a passive aggressive monkey

If  I told you was a knob in 3.0 and that you was going to be a bigger knob in 3.5

Would you believe?

11 minutes ago, Doom32 said:

has anyone have any proof to the fact they can't fix the match making based on the "engine" that just doesn't make sense to me, seeing as older games have fine matchmaking. 

the matchmaking isn’t the issue, it uses modified elo ratings to match players of similar skill just like pretty much every other pvp game 

the issue is is the extremely limited pool of people it has to match - there’s no way to increase that pool without either a)bumping the district pop cap up and melting the already shit servers, or b) adding a mechanic (like phasing) that allows the entire population to be used for matchmaking purposes without changing the district pop cap

3 minutes ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

Would you believe? 🤣

Would you believe?

wow that’s really great info thanks for explaining your points so well to us non-IT folks, i really appreciate the well thought out response

Edited by Glaciers
typo

5 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

the matchmaking isn’t the issue, it uses modified elo ratings to match players of similar skill just like pretty much every other pvp game 

the issue is is the extremely limited pool of people it has to match - there’s no way to increase that pool without either a)bumping the district pop cap up and melting the already shit servers, or b) adding a mechanic (like phasing) that allows the entire population to be used for matchmaking purposes without changing the district pop cap

Would not this be the first thing to work on ?

If they can not sort the matchmaking then the game is screwed .... period

I actually want the game to survive and not some prick who wants it to fail.... "prick maybe"

Edited by CaptainSloth2Guns

9 minutes ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

Would you believe? 🤣

Would you believe?

If you are going to argue in a thread, do not deflect, you are a waste of reading, seriously. 

8 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

wow that’s really great info thanks for explaining your points so well to us non-IT folks, i really appreciate the well thought out response

I thought you was an expert? When you came chiming in!

5 minutes ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

I thought you was an expert? When you came chiming in!

Yood? is it you?

I actually can't believe how a couple of you should be pet dogs to a gaming company and very guidable indeed.

Anyways 3.5 is on the way so you don't have to worry about matchmaking it will all be sorted. 

Sign in to follow this