Sign in to follow this  

APB EULA not changed on Steam and more

1. Seems that APB EULA isn't updated on Steam when going to check it or reinstall the game.

2. Why is there a lack of news going through Steam News about APB?

I mean, if you guys want to let peoples know about updates and stuff like that you should bring those news at the same time on both platforms.

Yes.. i know i know you are right.. APB haven't anymore so many players like in the past and maybe it won't do any major difference when post something on Steam together forums but that don't mean nothing, me for example have own friends who just look at Steam News for check APB Updates, and is annoying for them to see these things after some days or a week too.

3. I don't think Minimum Requirements and Reccomented ones are right under the Store Page of the game and in add.. those Achivements, works or not?

When it came out from GamersFirst i've always played it through Steam (exluding some moments).

Is possible to obtain them? Because actually i don't think so.

For example i see that "Most Valuable Player" with the Description "Earned by achieving the MVP status at the end of a match 5 times total" only the 9.5% of all players done it and can't be possible.

In add to that i think we should have more Achivements avaiable, they aren't even updated.. like i can see here "Ho Ho Ho, Now I Have a... 2014".. seems like this system stopped working back in that year, i don't know why.

I think many thigns need to be addressed and fixed through Steam, because actually i don't know.. seems useless to open steam and play APB, waste only the time to join into the game and it requires the OS to runs another program in background, which maybe not many players can do, like my girlfriend for example, if she leave Steam opened in the background APB will runs at 10/12 fps.. and that isn't good in anyways.

I know that APB is on Steam since 2011, probably a bit before its launch but i do see it became useless, totally.. excluding Steam Reviews and few more informations on the Game Store Page nothing you can do, you can unlock at the moment, and with that i can understand if someone will come up with "look at the population of the game", yes, is right, but until the game will be avaiable both on Gamersfirst.com and Steam Store well.. why not leave updated both?

I know (like i said before) many peoples who don't even visit the website since an year because they prefer to use the program to hear about the game, have more informations and stuff like that.

The thing i wanted to say is.. for me is useless to keep something not working since years, is more easy to remove it completely from Steam at this point, due to so many problems affecting it, like what i've talked about above.

More deep you go, more players will be interested / returns, because you will let them know that you care about the game and the platforms / programs where you sharing it.

4. What about doing Open Livestreams every 2/3 weeks to update the entire community of APB about what's going on and what you currently doing? Maybe showing some projects, work in progress stuff or just let us see how you work and how you approach a situation.

State of The Game could be useful too, come up with some most rated questions over the forums and answer to them, come up with problems and possible ways to fix / go around them and much more, always with Livestreams / Podcasts or how you prefer /decide to call them, Q&A, possible too.

Maybe 2/3 weeks are to much close from each others but i do think more communication is better and more stuff to show, more stuff to talk about will make players so much happy, more than before.

5. I saw you, don't hide yourself 👀 (Copyright not updated on both forums and website)

pzXyVF6.jpgfy5iSTn.jpg

6. Let's talk a bit about th Open Test World of APB, called OTW in short.

Why don't you use OTW2 instead of the original one and keep it opened for whoever want to test interesting stuff out? OTW1 was used for small things, balances and just try out items and things you don't own or can't own in the LIVE Version of the game. 

For what i know OTW2 was used for secret projects or future updates like EU, new vehicles, new Mods and stuff like that, pretty much a more Alpha Test Dev Build.

7 (last). Why the button "Mark as solved" on gamersfirst support section into your opened tickets is rarely displayed?

I would really like to click on it for close a ticket if i don't need anymore that anymore, so you guys at LO don't need to waste your time close alredy solved problems by the players themselfs.

For today this is all.

Would really love to hear something from @MattScott about these points i've sorted out in this topic.

Enjoy your day and the weekend included.

Love for APB, always.

P.S. #1 I could have something left but i will reserve for the next one.

P.S. #2 Can't wait for another update to the ARMAS about Limited Time Offers and maybe something about Easter?

Edited by Guest

considering i unlocked mvp

no it possible

Idk the achievements which were added later on were never working properly, some didn't want to unlock and some unlocked years later

Deck the Halls 2014 -> unlocked for me on 2018-10-29 

Ho Ho Ho, Now I Have a... 2014 -> unlocked for me on 2018-10-29

Ho Ho Ho, Now I Have a... 2015 -> unlocked for me on 2017-11-06  

Deck the Halls 2015 -> still hasn't unlocked for me even tho i finished it

Infected, Anarchy - Survivor and Anarchy - Provocateur also unlocked years later -> 2018-10-29 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alani said:

considering i unlocked mvp

no it possible

I have it too unlocked, i was just saying that too if peoples leave opened Steam it don't work always, atleast for me.

41 minutes ago, DeadPixels said:

Idk the achievements which were added later on were never working properly, some didn't want to unlock and some unlocked years later

Deck the Halls 2014 -> unlocked for me on 2018-10-29 

Ho Ho Ho, Now I Have a... 2014 -> unlocked for me on 2018-10-29

Ho Ho Ho, Now I Have a... 2015 -> unlocked for me on 2017-11-06  

Deck the Halls 2015 -> still hasn't unlocked for me even tho i finished it

Infected, Anarchy - Survivor and Anarchy - Provocateur also unlocked years later -> 2018-10-29 

I do have them unlocked but since 2014/2015 they aren't updated anymore which makes steam useless when its open for most of the players.

interesting

4. What about doing Open Livestreams every 2/3 weeks to update the entire community of APB about what's going on and what you currently doing? Maybe showing some projects, work in progress stuff or just let us see how you work and how you approach a situation.

State of The Game could be useful too, come up with some most rated questions over the forums and answer to them, come up with problems and possible ways to fix / go around them and much more, always with Livestreams / Podcasts or how you prefer /decide to call them, Q&A, possible too.

Maybe 2/3 weeks are to much close from each others but i do think more communication is better and more stuff to show, more stuff to talk about will make players so much happy, more than before.

+1

Edited by Keshi

2 hours ago, Keshi said:

interesting

Yeah, perfect word

APB isn't in a state worth advertising yet. 

OTW2  is for testing 3.5

OTW Is for the for testing 3.0 stuff like RIOT. 

In any case, OTW is for testing,

Not for players to play around in.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

APB isn't in a state worth advertising yet. 

OTW2  is for testing 3.5

OTW Is for the for testing 3.0 stuff like RIOT. 

In any case, OTW is for testing,

Not for players to play around in.

It isn't, i know obviously, for sure.

But if it isn't just don't update at all only 1 part on Steam, if they want to do stuff they should do everything, i mean, with time, for sure, but they should.

OTW2 is for testing 3.5, i know, its private.

OTW isn't only for testing that stuff you mentioned.

"APB: Reloaded Open Test World (also known as OTW)"

"This world, separate from our LIVE counterparts serves as a platform for new items such as cars and weapons, tweaks such as weapon balances and bug fixes such as the Jump-Scout to be tested, reviewed and released. It is the home of the SPCT and for many years have tirelessly given up their free time to help better the game. Now it is open for everyone to help drive the game ever forward and upward!"

The thing is simple CookiePuss, i won't disagree with you, is right that the devs can make it private or public, how they decide, but OTW is Open Test World, this means it should be Open to who want to partecipate and help but (i know, only who have premium had the possibility to enter this), also try out balance and different type of things.

If they need to do some sort of private build, well, just do a CTW, Closed Test World or PTW, Private Test World.

2 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

It isn't, i know obviously, for sure.

But if it isn't just don't update at all only 1 part on Steam, if they want to do stuff they should do everything, i mean, with time, for sure, but they should.

OTW2 is for testing 3.5, i know, its private.

OTW isn't only for testing that stuff you mentioned.

"APB: Reloaded Open Test World (also known as OTW)"

"This world, separate from our LIVE counterparts serves as a platform for new items such as cars and weapons, tweaks such as weapon balances and bug fixes such as the Jump-Scout to be tested, reviewed and released. It is the home of the SPCT and for many years have tirelessly given up their free time to help better the game. Now it is open for everyone to help drive the game ever forward and upward!"

The thing is simple CookiePuss, i won't disagree with you, is right that the devs can make it private or public, how they decide, but OTW is Open Test World, this means it should be Open to who want to partecipate and help but (i know, only who have premium had the possibility to enter this), also try out balance and different type of things.

If they need to do some sort of private build, well, just do a CTW, Closed Test World or PTW, Private Test World.

OTW is currently "open" to SPCT and QA.

The only thing there is to test is RIOT.

Once RIOT is in a playable state, OTW will be opened to the general public in the hopes that players like you can help get it perfected for launch.

Its not that LO wants to block OTW from players, its that allowing everyone on at this point would be counter productive.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

OTW is currently "open" to SPCT and QA.

The only thing there is to test is RIOT.

Once RIOT is in a playable state, OTW will be opened to the general public in the hopes that players like you can melp get it perfected for launch.

Its not that LO wants to block OTW from players, its that allowing everyone on at this point would be counter productive.

Thanks for your honest comments anyway, is fun to talk and know these details.

21 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Thanks for your honest comments anyway, is fun to talk and know these details.

Anytime.

Hopefully I'll be seeing you on OTW soon to help us get this mode ready for live!

32 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Anytime.

Hopefully I'll be seeing you on OTW soon to help us get this mode ready for live!

Hopefully, can't wait to help you guys out, always been a big lover for this game.

It's my favorite, still after all these years past.

Only APB can be APB.

Well, so, i do hope to meet you there soon.

I think this topic should be moved to Suggestions, the important thing for me is if @MattScott will read it, before or after, i would really like, this is the last topic i made on somethign really interesting, i mean, i was just curious to know details about those points.

Close this topic, please